FNV Guide - Info and Feedback

EssArrBee

•  

EssArrBee, on 26 Mar 2014 - 8:40 PM, said:

...When you load all your mods in FNVEdit did you right click->'Select All' so all the plugins got loaded?

When making a merged patch I just select the plugins I want to merge, and FNVEdit loads masters with the selected plugins, so you my be on to something there. I check for errors in FNVEdit, but that relies on its error checking, so if I'm doing something that isn;tplanned ofr I'm blissfully ignorant. Thanks for the suggestion, gives me something to chew on at least. 

Edited by redirishlord

Ok, i tried with the ini tweak, uncheck and check but nothing, FCO was still acting racist... untill i started a new game. And this is only one of the odd things that happened while modding, another one is that if i have flashlight and the recon range finder active with mod that adds a lot of equipment (like spice of life) the game do not start.

Anyway, leaving the weird things behind, i noticed that the rifle alignment fix is completely overwritten by the weapon animation replacer :huh:

Also while i'm loving the third person animation, the first person ones have some weird aim animation. When i aim with a pistol in first person the character raise his hands to the top of the screen and reunite them to hold the gun, when in third person it does nothing like that. Same thing when i aim with a rifle, in first person the rifle is kept on the right, but when aiming the animation starts like if the rifle is kept on the left (only in first person). I am sure that i have followed the instruction in the guide, so i don't think to have installed the wrong animations, so can someone tell me if these weird animations are normal?

EDIT: After a little research it would seem that 1st person animation glitches are well known with this mod and unavoidable...

EDIT 2: @redirishlord i see in the load order that you posted that you are using breeze male body over roberts (why make one overwrite the other?). Since FCO has a patch for roberts but not for breeze i was wondering how FCO and breeze bend together, since a lot of armor mods require breeze male body.

Edited by Lonewolf

...EDIT 2: @redirishlord i see in the load order that you posted that you are using breeze male body over roberts (why make one overwrite the other?). Since FCO has a patch for roberts but not for breeze i was wondering how FCO and breeze bend together, since a lot of armor mods require breeze male body...

My original hope was to be able to use both, obviously that was incorrect. I have since removed the breeze body and armors dependent on it. I'll update my load order post (and make a new post indicating I did so) once I have the game working correctly. Seems like body issues may have been the source of my problems, will test that today.

Note: I can play without error if I stick to the guide as written, it does seem to be stable. Unfortunately I've never been able to color within the lines, so I can't help but try to push the envelope by cramming more content in.

Your problem is greed. You lowered your plugin count with the merge script and immediately tried to add more content. There is no reason to force the game to the 140 plugin limit. You can only play with couple mods in game at once anyways.

This is America, greed is good, right?Anyway, I'm trimming my mod collection now & coming back in line with the guide, more or less.

My test build is only 96 plugins. It won't even start now and I have no idea why. Just part of the trial and error of gamebryo.

My original hope was to be able to use both, obviously that was incorrect. I have since removed the breeze body and armors dependent on it. I'll update my load order post (and make a new post indicating I did so) once I have the game working correctly. Seems like body issues may have been the source of my problems, will test that today.

Note: I can play without error if I stick to the guide as written, it does seem to be stable. Unfortunately I've never been able to color within the lines, so I can't help but try to push the envelope by cramming more content in.

Ok thanks, i'll stick to roberts body. Anyway made some research and the author of "Rifle 1st person Accuracy Fix" is the same of "Weapons Animation Replacers", so i'm sure that the fix is already included into WAR.

Ok thanks, i'll stick to roberts body. Anyway made some research and the author of "Rifle 1st person Accuracy Fix" is the same of "Weapons Animation Replacers", so i'm sure that the fix is already included into WAR.

I only have one file overwritten by WAR. I'll look into it.

EssArrBee, on 27 Mar 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

I only have one file overwritten by WAR. I'll look into it.

Odd, I don't have any files overwritten.

I have Rifle Animation Fix* installed early with fixes as directed by the guide.

I have Weapon Animation Replacers installed later with Poosh, also as directed. I downloaded the original Commando & Professional files from Nexus and moved the Core + Guide recommended Optionals to the top level of the compressed file for BAIN compatibility and installed in the following order; Rifle Animation fix, WAR Professional, WAR Commando, WAAR Quick Patch. I show no conflicting/overwriting files in Wrye's installer tab.

* Rifle alignment fix does have conflicts/overwrites with other mods;

= Higher ==========================================114== F03a-Weapons_of_the_New_Millenia_1_dot_0-55008-1-0.7zmeshescharacters_1stperson2hareloadr.kf==132== F09a-Weapon Mods Expanded v1_1_3-39651-1-1-3.7zmeshescharacters_1stperson2haattackloop.kfmeshescharacters_1stperson2haattackloopis.kfmeshescharacters_1stperson2hareloadr.kfmeshescharacters_male2haattackloop.kfmeshescharacters_male2haattackloopis.kfmeshescharacters_malesneak2haattackloop.kfmeshescharacters_malesneak2haattackloopis.kf==189== I04a-EVE v1point15a Final-42666-1-15a.7zmeshescharacters_1stperson2hrattack4IS.kf

Edited by redirishlord

@EssArrBee i was checking errors in the adam plugins before trying to merge them and FNVEdit told me this:

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [42] ADAM - Rangers on Patrol.esp[00:00]           Location -> Found a NULL reference, expected: ACHR,ACRE,PGRE,PLYR,PMIS,REFR[00:00]         Above errors were found in :PLDT - Location 1[00:00]       Above errors were found in :Locations[00:00]     Above errors were found in :ADAMPatrolRangerPackageStandard02 [PACK:42000AF5][00:00]           Location -> Found a NULL reference, expected: ACHR,ACRE,PGRE,PLYR,PMIS,REFR[00:00]         Above errors were found in :PLDT - Location 1[00:00]       Above errors were found in :Locations[00:00]     Above errors were found in :ADAMPatrolRangerPackageStandard01 [PACK:42000AF1][00:00]   Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "PACK"[00:00] Above errors were found in :[42] ADAM - Rangers on Patrol.esp[00:00] All Done!

Is something important or can i merge the adam plugins?

I'm having a problem getting the Advanced Recon series to work with the current guide. I've been trying to incorporate them into the guide and I can't seem to get the game to even start with them installed. Some of those mods are fomods that don't install with MO, so I used the FOMM method that someone mentioned, phazer I believe, but I may be wrong and to lazy to check. It works really well for what is already in the guide and I am going to be switching to that method for installed the UI part instead of the NMM method which I also tried last night and couldn't get the Advanced Recon series to work that way.

If anyone has gotten everything to work together let me know. I have a feeling that the conflicts between ADAM and and Advanced Recon is the problem and will need a patch. Bashed Patch just isn't strong enough, I want a sentient patcher that can read my thoughts!!!!

My test build is only 96 plugins. It won't even start now and I have no idea why. Just part of the trial and error of gamebryo.

I've got 99 active ones and so far so good. This includes the guide, no merged plugins and some extra mods of my choice on top.

I've got 99 active ones and so far so good. This includes the guide, no merged plugins and some extra mods of my choice on top.

When I deactivate the advanced recon mods it starts up but with them I can't get it to start up. Don't know what it is, yet.