FNV Guide - Info and Feedback

EssArrBee

When I deactivate the advanced recon mods it starts up but with them I can't get it to start up. Don't know what it is, yet.

Same for me. I am able to get the armors and the thermal visor but as soon as i check the range finder esp fallout dosen't even start...

I've got into some trouble with WryeFlash. When i start it it says that the date on the plugin has been reset and it mess up my load order, making bashed patches an impossible task. Has anyone ever encountered this problem?

Same for me. I am able to get the armors and the thermal visor but as soon as i check the range finder esp fallout dosen't even start...I've got into some trouble with WryeFlash. When i start it it says that the date on the plugin has been reset and it mess up my load order, making bashed patches an impossible task. Has anyone ever encountered this problem?

Right click the top of the column the plugins are listed and untick lock times or something like that. I had the same issue, f#%Â¥ing annoying.Edit: Range finder huh? Good find I'll check it out in a bit, just went to grandma's house and ate waaaaaaay to much. Need a nap.

Right click the top of the column the plugins are listed and untick lock times or something like that. I had the same issue, f#%Â¥ing annoying.Edit: Range finder huh? Good find I'll check it out in a bit, just went to grandma's house and ate waaaaaaay to much. Need a nap.

Sorry i got wrong, it wasnt the range finder it is the flashlight plugin, i had both of them disabled when the game started.

Yep it is the flashlight nvse plugin. I thought that would be a good mod to combine with the advanced recon mods. I'll have to troubleshoot it to see what is up with the mod. It might be out of date for the current nvse. My goal was to probably add in the advanced recon night vision and flashlight nvse, then maybe to with the darker nights plugin from Nevada Skies. The nights are pretty dark already, but with all the extra gear it could be even darker, eventhough that would probably be much more dark than the real world. I tend to stay away from realism,since it is the greatest enemy of fun, but sometimes you have to think that staring at black screen is not a good idea.

re- Wrye and modified dates, if you right-click the "File" column under the "Mods" tab, is "Lock Times" checked or unchecked? Might could be that is allowing plugin date reset, mine has been checked & I don't believe I have your issue.

So, about that flashlight nvse plugin, is that merged into your ADAM patch? It appears checked in my Uinified HUD / NMM install pop-up, which confuses me as I don't have it independently installed.

re- Wrye and modified dates, if you right-click the "File" column under the "Mods" tab, is "Lock Times" checked or unchecked? Might could be that is allowing plugin date reset, mine has been checked & I don't believe I have your issue.

So, about that flashlight nvse plugin, is that merged into your ADAM patch? It appears checked in my Uinified HUD / NMM install pop-up, which confuses me as I don't have it independently installed.

I didn't merge it since it is not an ADAM mod. Flashlight NVSE is a very popular mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39968/?

Another little discovery. The WRP texture for the .357 revolver does not work well with WMX. Millenia fixed it but never added it to the WRP mod, but you can find it here: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47714/?

TY, I'm looking this stuff over right now. I still can't get the Advanced Recon mods to work without Flashlight NVSE, but I think I've narrowed it down to the install order or the fomods not being updated for the latest version of the installers from FOMM or NMM.

EssArrBee, on 27 Mar 2014 - 6:36 PM, said:EssArrBee, on 27 Mar 2014 - 6:36 PM, said:

... I still can't get the Advanced Recon mods to work without Flashlight NVSE, but I think I've narrowed it down to the install order or the fomods not being updated for the latest version of the installers from FOMM or NMM...

So, are you concluding that Advanced Recon (various) requires the Flashlight NVSE plugin to work? That might explain the "missing master" I've been struggling with. I have had the various Advanced Recon mods installed, but not the Flashlight NVSE.

Edited by redirishlord

So, are you concluding that Advanced Recon (various) requires the Flashlight NVSE plugin to work? That might explain the "missing master" I've been struggling with. I have had the various Advanced Recon mods installed, but not the Flashlight NVSE.

No, I was just pairing it with the Advanced Recon Night Vision mod so users had options about navigating the dark. Neither is dependent upon the other, but for reason I can't get the launcher to start with Flashlight NVSE. Like it doesn't even get to the Bethesda screen, shows a loading bar for half a second then nothing.

Weird, I took a run at the Flashlight NVSE page & forum, but didn't find anything related to your issue. I have uninstalled/deleted/re-installed my FNV and am now adding mods to hopefully end my "missing master" issue.

Is there a consensus re- the merge plugin script for TES5Edit/FNVEdit, is it safe to use as directed? I assume your ADAM merge plugin was created with it, and that merge plugin is safe? I wondering if I should proceed with or avoid creating merged plugins where logical. I'm at 124 plugins now, wouldn't mind trying for double digits (instead of triple).

I assume Optimizer Textures &/or the large/UHQ versions of NMC/Bueno are not advised, I'm thinking I may have corrupted my bsa files by optimizing them. In any event I have installed the medium/poco versions per the guide.

I can't find any errors in my merged ADAM patch, but I'm definitely not a novice when it comes to these type of things. Otherwise, I wouldn't be qualified to take on a project like this, well I would, but that would be irresponsible. I've played with it for a while now, many hours, and can't find anything wrong with it nor does FNVEdit. 

As far as testing is going, I've had issues with JIP Selective Fire. If I hit the button to select a different mode the game freezes. JIP Weapon Overheating is working great so far. I definitely will included it as I rebuild the beginning UI section. I'm switching to a new system that will do away with the NMM export. I'm using the FOMM updated version and running it with MO, then any mod that gets installed with FOMM just goes to the overwrite folder and you can make it a mod folder from there. I can't find the post of whoever told me about this method, I believe it was phazer, but hey deserve a big shoutout for turning me onto this method.

Edit: NVM it wasn't phazer, it was GDSFan and Ivanish. Either way the method works pretty good and FOMM is only needed for like 4 or five mods and you can go in and install new UI stuff and rerun UHUD without doing the whole NMM import section over again.

I've got the original FOMM from 2010, and it more reliably launches the uHUD installer pop-up (NMM can be very finicky about launching that). Are you referring to the FOMM-Fork version uploaded 2014?

To setup MO do I really have to install each individual mod packeage to that application? I can drag and drop every mod in my HDD archive into Wrye, I really don't have the patience to do a one-at-a-time thing for a switch to MO (FNV or Skyrim).

Speaking of patience, mine is pretty well spent, I've been trying to play FNV for a month and am still unable. I really expected to have seen a good deal of the wasteland by now, SC's dogfighting alpha is only 2 weeks out now, time flies.

If you have a full setup on Wry then I wouldn't mess with it, especially with the problems you've had. It would be a shame if you switched over to MO and spent all that time only to have it not work again. Also, yeah I meant the FOMM fork. The older version crashes when I try to run it with MO, but the new one is working really well.

Wrye Flash NV just updated too. Didn't think development was ongoing with for it anymore.

I'm amazed that MO doesn't allow drag-n-drop. Thanks for the tip re- Wrye Flash, I'll check that out directly, and I'll grab the FOMM-Fork as its older brother is my preference for uHUD install.

EDIT *** Many new additions to the Bashed Patch with Wrye Flash version 15.7 ***

Edited by redirishlord