SkyUI (by the SkyUI Team)

frihyland

Holy sh.... you no longer will need to interact with the crafting stations? That's pretty interesting.

Ok I get it, that's a complete replacement of the stations' interface with that of SkyUI. Holy crap.

Edited by Octopuss

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

5.0 was released today!

SKSE 1.7.3 required! This is the beta version so if you haven't updated, you'll need to before installing this.

Version 5.0
[General]
- Updated SKSE version requirement to 1.7.3.

[FavoritesMenu]
- Fixed issue with equipping two identical armor base items that have different names.
- Less eager purging of invalid group data to avoid unwanted group resets.

[ModConfigurationMenu]
- Tweaked mod registration timing.

[AlchemyMenu]
- Initial release

[CraftingMenu]
- Initial release

[EnchantingMenu]
- Initial release

[smithingMenu]
- Initial release

SKSE 1.7.3 required! This is the beta version so if you haven't updated, you'll need to before installing this.

Just anticipating potntial question from worried users : The last release of SKSE is always considered "Beta", but it's actually the latest up-to-date release.

Its just a caution from the team, so if anyone run into a problem with the latest release, they can go back to using the previous one.

As for SkyUI 5, while I'm super happy about it, I'm a little bit disappointed by the "classic" crafting menu, not as good and convenient as I expected.But enchanting and alchemy menus are really awesomes and perfects !!

Just anticipating potntial question from worried users : The last release of SKSE is always considered "Beta", but it's actually the latest up-to-date release.

Its just a caution from the team, so if anyone run into a problem with the latest release, they can go back to using the previous one.

Not really...

Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE)

by Ian Patterson, Stephen Abel and Paul Connelly (ianpatt, behippo and scruggsywuggsy the ferret)

Current build 1.7.2: installer 7z archive (readme, whatsnew, latest forum thread)

Beta build 1.7.3: installer 7z archive

1.7.2 is the current build which is considered "stable. This is what STEP usually recommends to install. 1.7.3 is clearly marked as the "beta build", which we only recommend to install whenever a specific mod in STEP requires it. We're just following the nomenclature that the SKSE team has laid out when we say "beta".

SKSE team is pretty much just one guy now and he says that when they release a beta it isn't like when most stuff is in beta. It's already beta tested before it is publicly released so it is stable. They just call it beta in case someone reports another issue, but it's been out for months now and no one has reported any bugs. The only problem was people saying some stuff about compatibility with Windows 10, but support for unreleased OSes is not a bug. 

Yeah, but it's marked as beta for the reason I explained earlier. At least that's what expired explained some month ago, when RaceMenu 3.0 first came out and required skse 1.7.2 (which was the "beta" version back then). The post have been edited since, so I can't quote it exactly, but it was something like "The latest version of SKSE is always Beta, but you can upgrade safely, it's just a convention to consider the latest release as beta"

Edit : I think EssArrBee just explained it way better than I did ^^

Edited by Kesta

SKSE team is pretty much just one guy now and he says that when they release a beta it isn't like when most stuff is in beta. It's already beta tested before it is publicly released so it is stable. They just call it beta in case someone reports another issue, but it's been out for months now and no one has reported any bugs. The only problem was people saying some stuff about compatibility with Windows 10, but support for unreleased OSes is not a bug. 

Regardless, whatever it's marked on the site that users are going to see and download is what we should be calling it because most users are not going to know this information (I didn't). Therefore, v1.7.3 is beta because the website says it's so. :geek:

I often wish SkyUI would add total weight (weight * quantity) that can be sorted to make it easier to figure out where the weight in my pack is really coming from.

Looking at the weight column alone, it's readily obvious that a 20 pound axe worth 400 gold is taking up 20 pounds, but it's not quite so obvious that 156 quarter pounders worth 9 gold is taking up 39 pounds. I also tend to be a bit compulsive in attempting to keep the most value per weight, so a 20 pound axe worth 200 gold isn't nearly as worth being in my pack as a 5 pound dagger worth 200 gold.

It would even help me figure out what I can get rid of after picking the flower that broke my back.

Yeah, I have that enabled and it does help with the value per weight decision, but I still want the total weight column so I can easily figure out what's weighing me down when it isn't readily obvious without doing mental math gymnastics. This is mostly beneficial because I usually don't carry a lot of heavy items that I don't immediately need. I usually carry one bow, one light sword in case I get caught close up, one dagger, and the armor I'm wearing. I might pick up extra weapons and armor if they are valuable and can be cashed in. The bulk of my weight usually comes from the light items: food, ingredients, and misc items.