SkyUI (by the SkyUI Team)

frihyland

• 9 months later...

I always had some weird problems with overlapping text in the MCM for some mods, and never figured out what could be the cause.

With one mod some time last year, it seemed like I was the only one who had the problem and the author couldn't see anything wrong. Puzzling.

I've recently found some interest in Skyrim after numerous months, and instantly ran into this problem again.

These are screenshots from the MCM for CCOR.

00dleix0p9b4p5r6g.jpg

d5z8kj9lbzry7v16g.jpg

Since it's happening with not just one but several mods, I thought it could be the texts were simply too long to fit in, but then there's the case of one mod where noone else seemed to have the problem. I was also thinking it could be something about SkyUI itself, but Schlangster is generally adamant about the mod being perfectly fine (and I guess we should believe him), or that my monitor has aspect ratio (16:10) which isn't compatible, but there's code specifically for that in SkyUI, so I am completely clueless.

Does the MCM for CCOR show like this for anyone else here?

Edited by Octopuss

Oh you're right! How did I not think about that?

I've been using the Main font replacement mod since the day I started using mods, because the default font is absolutely horrible.

This is not good news at all, but at least I know nothing is, technically speaking, wrong. I wonder if it's possible to create such font that wouldn't cause problems like this... That Fertigo Pro looks great. With some side effects, obviously :/

I fixed the problem and got to keep the same font: SIM - Skyrim Interface Makeover for SkyUI (Fhaarkas Font Mod). This mod is pretty amazing.

That is really great mod and I get better results with it, but still, there's a couple of spots where I get the over lapping text.

Edit: I wouldnt be surprised if its also because I'm on a 50in 1360 x 768 resolution.

Edited by gpthree

I fixed the problem and got to keep the same font: SIM - Skyrim Interface Makeover for SkyUI (Fhaarkas Font Mod). This mod is pretty amazing.

Thanks for mentioning this - It's really hard to "discover" recent major updates / changes to old mods that you have tried but deleted because they didn't fit your needs at that time. A bit off-topic - but SIM has about the largest number of FOMOD installer options I've ever seen in one mod.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, couldn't find this thread before I mistakenly made a new one, and on top of that, I've already posted in this thread before!!

Anyway, only wanted to mention that @Mardoxx has posted the possibility of a version 5.0 coming in the future.