SkyUI (by the SkyUI Team)

frihyland

I'm assuming you are referring to SkyUI 5.0 in which case have you installed SKSE 1.7.3 yet? Install it if you haven't already to see if this solves the issue.

If you have SKSE 1.7.3 installed and active, post your log after trying to install SkyUI.

I'm basing the above on a similar situation Grant ran into on Nexus in which SkyUI should prompt that it requires SKSE 1.7.3, but the user had SKSE 1.7.2 installed and got this fuzzy message instead. I don't know if this is the same situation, but if it is it might be interesting to try to figure out why it's happening.

There are currently a very limited number of users that have reported this error and so far all of them have been able to fix it by running MO with admin rights. TBH though there is no reason why that should work, .NET frameworks are applied system-wide, not by user accounts.

I would be very interested to know as much about your setup as possible:

• OS
  • paths to the various programs
  • UAC settings
  • what Windows reports as the access rights for those folders
  • the condition of the SkyUI download (is there any issue reported when 7zip opens it?)

If running MO as admin doesn't get it installed you can at the very least open the archive with 7zip and delete the fomod folder and install the new archive with MO's manual option. This error message only appears because of the C# script in the fomod which requires the external fomod installer to install. This is the only piece of .NET code in MO.

There are currently a very limited number of users that have reported this error and so far all of them have been able to fix it by running MO with admin rights. TBH though there is no reason why that should work, .NET frameworks are applied system-wide, not by user accounts.

Admin fix worked. Forgot to reset that after the Win10 Upgrade. Agree with the second half - I shouldn't have had to. But hey... it works, and that's all that matters. Thanks for assist.

I wonder if someone else can check on something for me.

I'm in the process of setting up another blank vanilla test profile in MO (1.3.9) and decided to test out SkyUI to see if I can see what others are seeing and something else completely new and perplexing is facing me.

The test profile has SKSE 1.7.3 and the scripts installed and only the Unofficial patches for each DLC installed.

After installing SkyUI and pressing 'M' for the map I get the error dialogue about a mismatched map.swf. No matter what I do I see no reason why there are any other map.swf files loading. I even removed the Unofficial patches so it is just vanilla and SkyUI and the same thing happens.

The logs show no issue with BSAs or anything else not loading, but I can't get rid of this message without disabling it in the SkyUI MCM options.

It's definitely not a MO issue. The only thing the fomod does is check for existing requirements and then installs the only two files in the package.

I've also set up SkyUI to be run without MO and the same thing happens. Really weird, I can't believe no one else hasn't experienced it and posted in the comments. I'm going to grab version 4.1 and see if the same thing happens.

EDIT: Same issue with v4.1

• 3 weeks later...

Another caveat for those running Windows 10 - installing this mod will be the first during STEP: Core where you must change NexusClientCLI.exe to run in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Otherwise, Mod Organizer will wait forever for the program to execute.

Step by step guide:
1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Browse to your Mod Organizer directory (If you install it in the default directory, go to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Mod Organizer)
3. Open the NCC sub-directory
4. Right-click the NexusClientCLI.exe, choose Properties
5. Choose the "Compatibility" tab
6. Check the checkbox for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
7. Choose Windows 8 in the drop down box just below
8. Click the Apply button
9. Click the OK button

NCC installations should now work.

EDIT: It has since been revealed that not all Windows 10 users are affected. That said, some percentage of other users will run into this issue. I want to find a better solution to the problem, so please reply with hardware specs.

EDIT 2: I've found an existing thread for the issue I originally needed to solve. Link:

Please Help - Made The Switch To Mod Organizer And External Installer Never Finishes (Solved Thanks To Grant)

Edited by d3monic