SkyUI (by the SkyUI Team)

frihyland

Just a heads up... WAF and CCO will have some minor inconsistencies when used with SkyUI 5.  These are inconsistencies more than conflicts and won't have much, if any, impact on functionality, but I figured it's worth mentioning.

Basically, SkyUI's "material" column doesn't directly correspond to the vanilla crafting categories, so the changes made in WAF/CCO to help better categorize items within the vanilla menu will result in some items appearing as "Other" or "Misc" instead of what you'd normally expect their material type or crafting category to be.

I don't think there's a good way to fix this from my end, so I'd just recommend leaving the Material column disabled (which is the default setting).  Everything else that I've tested works just fine.

• +1 1

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question but are STEP recommending SkyUI v5 (and SKSE beta build 1.7.3) for STEP Core or do we go for v4.1 (and SKSE current build 1.7.2)

If it is v5 it might be worth adding a note to the SKSE wiki page directing users to the 1.7.3 beta download.

If it is v4.1 you could add a note to the SkyUI wiki page directing users to the v4.1 file under old versions.

I'm curious what others think of the new crafting menu changes. 

I've been trying to adapt, but the crafting menu still feels clunky to me.  Of course I've probably spent more time thinking about the crafting categories than most users and most other mod authors, so maybe it's just by own bias at the lack of clear material categories.  However, even with the new ability to sort by item type or class, I still end up having to scroll down a massive list of items, which sadly seems to often be slower than exiting the crafting menu, opening up CCO's MCM, and toggling the options I want. 

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to adapt CCO's options to better serve the new SkyUI menu, but first, I guess I'd like to know if this is just a personal bias or if others feel the same way. 

I'm curious what others think of the new crafting menu changes. 

I've been trying to adapt, but the crafting menu still feels clunky to me.  Of course I've probably spent more time thinking about the crafting categories than most users and most other mod authors, so maybe it's just by own bias at the lack of clear material categories.  However, even with the new ability to sort by item type or class, I still end up having to scroll down a massive list of items, which sadly seems to often be slower than exiting the crafting menu, opening up CCO's MCM, and toggling the options I want. 

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to adapt CCO's options to better serve the new SkyUI menu, but first, I guess I'd like to know if this is just a personal bias or if others feel the same way. 

It took some getting used to but once I did, I found it more convenient; especially the alchemy menu. Being able to see a list of items to craft and the list of ingredients at the same time made things quicker for me. I can also see more selections on the screen at once, which is nice. For example, at the smelter you see the entire list of ingots you can create without having to go into each category to see if there is something to you smelter down or not. It saves a lot of time for someone who is building a home like Lakeview Manor.

Aaaah! I though on one would ever bring this to the table!

The only good point about the removal of categories is that armors from Immersive Armors doesn't show up under their auxialiary categories.

I've been playing a bit with the new menus, hoping the impression that it's "not that great" would fade... but it didn't happen.

Enchanting and Alchemy are a seroius improvement, save some little issues, and the forging menu is a bit better than vanilla since it match standard SkyUI design and functionalities, but the crafting one seems unfinished and unadapted. They removed an information that were available in vanilla, which is a downgrade imo. And no, the "search" function doesn't quite cut it. I'm seriously thinking about skyUI-away for the crafting menu...

Yeah, I definitely feel like the alchemy and enchanting are improvements.  It's primarily the crafting (forge, smelter, tanning rack, cookpot) that I'm having trouble adapting to.  Unfortunately, I think I read that you can't replace the crafting menu without also replacing the alchemy and enchanting menus, that they are all controlled by the same swf file.  I figured I'd give myself time to get use to it (plus I'm primarily work on alchemy stuff right now, so it's a plus in that regard), but every time I go to craft something at the forge, I feel like it takes forever to find the item I want.

I think the crafting menu is clunky and cluttered. I really liked that the old crafting menu was divided into categories so I could concentrate on specific types (leather, iron, silver, etc.) but it would have been nice to separate weapons from armor. The faction category could get a bit cluttered and it would have been nice to have a separate category for each faction, but this may be wishful thinking since this might be a bit overly complex.

Overall, I think this is a step sideways in a manner of speaking. I mean I really like that weapons, armors, and miscellaneous items are in separate areas, but grouping all armors into one basket isn't helping.

I think the menus for the armor bench and weapon wheel should show the armor rating and damage rating as well.

Aaaah! I though on one would ever bring this to the table!

Enchanting and Alchemy are a seroius improvement, save some little issues, and the forging menu is a bit better than vanilla since it match standard SkyUI design and functionalities, but the crafting one seems unfinished and unadapted. They removed an information that were available in vanilla, which is a downgrade imo. And no, the "search" function doesn't quite cut it. I'm seriously thinking about skyUI-away for the crafting menu...

When you say the "forging menu" do you mean the smelter?

No, forging menu is the one seen at the workbench and the grindstone. The one where you upgrade your weapons.

The "crafting" menu is the one you see when "creating" something by putting some other materials together, wether it's at the forge, at the smelter, in a cooking pot or at a tanning rack, it's all the same "crafting" menu.

• 2 weeks later...

May be related to WIN 10, but I've been unable to install the new version of this via MO. I keep getting an error  "unable to obtain public key" which I've traced to a .net issue of some type, but that's it. It's the only mod I've seen this with since I shifted to 10, but I'm not sure if it's the mod itself, or if there is a problem with an install somewhere maybe. Thoughts?