A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Curious about an issue in Jorrvaskr Living Quarters.  Whenever I enter and look right down the long hall my FPS drops to <10 or so and get a lot of stuttering.  The candles also flicker all in the same sequence.  It continues that way going down the hall but all is fine if I turn around and go back to the entrance.   Would this be an example of a conflict between JK's Whiterun and ELFX (or ELE) ?  Thanks

I believe that is the smim chandelier or whatever they call it

Curious about an issue in Jorrvaskr Living Quarters.  Whenever I enter and look right down the long hall my FPS drops to <10 or so and get a lot of stuttering.  The candles also flicker all in the same sequence.  It continues that way going down the hall but all is fine if I turn around and go back to the entrance.   Would this be an example of a conflict between JK's Whiterun and ELFX (or ELE) ?  Thanks

I believe that is the smim chandelier or whatever they call it

^^ This. It is indeed the SMIM 3D Chandelier in conjunction with ELFX. There are a few recommendations out there; such as decreasing the iShadowMapResolution in SkyrimPrefs.ini, getting rid of the SMIM chandeliers etc etc...There is though a very elegant and nice fix from skysan4298 here .

Download the "ELFX SMIM ENB fps fix" v.1.2 and place it after the last ELFX esp in your load order. It worls like a charm and I am using without any issues at all and most importantly...i got my fps back!!

Mind you it touches other areas as well where there is indeed a huge fps problem due to the SMIM-ELFX combination.  ::):

Edited by Astakos
  • +1 1

Wonderful, thank you for that Astakos, that had been bothering me as well. The two worst places I'd found so far were Jorrvaskr living quarters in the area where Kodlak sits, and in Radiant Raiment up by the counter, and those are the first two mentioned in skysan4298's fix. Brilliant.

Anyone using Real shelter with REGS?

Well it is now part of SR:LE, so probably.

Also I have a question of my own.  I was looking at the inscruction for installing REGS with SR:LE and saw that under Expanded towns and cities you say to enable the Inns & Taverns patch for the mod by Mena, but SR:LE doesn't use that mod, only inn mod it has is the realistic in pricing one.  Should we still enable the inns and taverns patch, or is that a mistake?

Edited by Crazy_San

I'm just about to finish installing REGS and I'm stuck in the REGS Patch compatibility option for Dawn of Riften + Cutting Room Floor + Interesting NPCs. I don't have/want Interesting NPCs. So I'm sure ticking this will be asking for the 3DNPC.esp Master file(it's asking). Leaving this option unticked, would Cutting Room Floor work with Dawn of Riften?

Thank you all ;)

Also thanks for suggesting the real shelters mod, darkside.

Edit: I was watching a video tutorial for making Bashed Patches with Wrye Bash. He mentioned something that the Core set-up didn't, some mods that add NPCs to the game should be unticked before building the patch, and I also don't know if any mods in the REGS needs to be excluded from the Bashed patch I'll be making. I'm not using BOSS, either. The video said BOSS makes it easy to know what should and shouldn't be merged in the patch :(

Here are some more mods I'll be adding to REGS, if anyone could share some input on what should and shouldn't be merged with the bashed patch:

DFB - Random Encounters

Companions and Followers

Immersive Patrols - The video mentioned this mod as an example for leaving out of the bashed patch, because it adds NPCs.

Extensible Follower Framework

Civil War Overhaul

I went through SR:LE, and it didn't mention anything about excluding mods from being patched in the Bashed patch. If all is well, I'm gonna run this son of a gun now.

Edited by FuzzRocket9