A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

I have narrowed down this town getting burired to the Real Explorers Guide to Skyrim Patch itself REGS Patch - NSUTR + RRR.esp Disabling this patch fixes this building If you want to see the issue in-game you can use live another life alternate start to spawn at nightingale inn

Thanks for the report. I've fixed the patch so that it now works with the town added there by CRF.
  • +1 1

Am I right in assuming with the new REGS version we should no longer install the "Inns and Taverns" patch for ETaC as instructed in the SR:LE Compatibility Guide? 

EDIT: Also, the ETaC Dragon Bridge South should be safe to install now, too, right? 

Edited by shaunlewis

Heads up for those following the SR:LE compatibility guide. The RS Children patch for ETaChas not been updated for ETaC 13 and will not merge, and Skyrim will not load with the old patch in your load order.

Instructions for manually editing the patch for compatibility with ETaC 13 can be found on the RS Children Patches Nexus Forum, page 20: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1881200-rs-children-patches/page-20

• +1 1

Hey, Dawn of Skyrim has an all in one version now. Is it possible to make a patch for Interesting NPCs and Cutting Room floor for that version as well? Because at the moment you have one for Dawn of Riften + Interesting NPCs + Cutting Room Floor, but not for the all in one version.

Hey, Dawn of Skyrim has an all in one version now. Is it possible to make a patch for Interesting NPCs and Cutting Room floor for that version as well? Because at the moment you have one for Dawn of Riften + Interesting NPCs + Cutting Room Floor, but not for the all in one version.

Just use Wrye Bash to replace the DawnofRiften.esp master by Dawn of all in one.esp (or whatever its name might be) on the Riften patch.
  • +1 1

Another bug report here! No images this time sorry :/.

Nightgate inn has an occlusion culling plane near the side of the building that causes visual problems when walking round the building or viewing from the south side of the building. the plane seems to be added by Cutting Room Floor but can only be noticed when you install RealisticRoomRental Enhanced because it changes the model used for the inn to a smaller one. 

Okay that was easy enough. Thanks!

Um... That may not work if the patch is changing some records from DawnofRiften.esp and those same records might have different FormIDs.

In tes5edit "check for errors" after changing the master.

If there are errors in the references 

If there are no errors then its all good

Does someone have a clean STEP Extended + REGS loadorder list you can post? The reason I ask is because I've apparently messed up somewhere and it would be nice to be able to compare the files in my loadorder with a good one to see if I have an extra or missing plugins.

One thing that really stands out is that when I enter some of the interiors in Falskaar (like Amber Mead Inn) I see a lot of grass that shouldn't be there. A couple examples I found using Mfg Console are 0901E43C and 0901E4CD in Falskaar.esm orignally in Skyrim.esm (although this don't make any sense because this is DweHallLg1wayRamp01 in the armory).

On second thought, this may be a stranger problem than I first anticipated. After exiting and reloading Skyrim, the grass in the Amber Mead Inn and the armory is gone. When I first travelled through the gate, the Amber Mead Inn, portions of the Jarl's house, and the armory near the docks (the one with all the bandits that kidnap the people on the dock) I entered was full of grass (some floating in the air). After restarting Skyrim while in Falskaar, everything is clean.

I just started using STEP Extended + REGS last week with a new character (not on an old save). I was initially having severe lag on the just outside Whiterun. I removed Better Males and now lag isn't even noticeable. I also found I had overlooked adding a couple of patches to mods in STEP Extended to account for Falskaar and Wyrmstooth (thanks to a comment from CJ I got these installed).

So far STEP Extended + REGS looks really good, so I really appreciate all the time and effort put into such a beautiful version of Skyrim that's so much more immersive than vanilla. Right now I'm just going through my mod list to make sure I haven't missed anything before I restart from scratch with a new character.

I'm using an AMD Radeon HD 7870 video card with 2GB memory and Skyrim Performance Monitor shows it getting close to max on occassion, but I've never seen it actually hit max yet. As I recall it peaks somewhere around 1906MB, so it's a wee bit close to peak. The desktop is somewhat oldish with an i7 930 processor and 12GB RAM, but I haven't quite convinced myself that it's worth the expense to upgrade.

This is my load order.

Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espFalskaar.esmWyrmstooth.espSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esmETaC - RESOURCES.esmLanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esmmannyBlackRock.esmmannyDragonhead.esmORS_MorthalPain.esmORS_SolitudeGate.esmWinterholdDestruction.esmHighResTexturePack01.espHighResTexturePack02.espHighResTexturePack03.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espRainbows.espADS.espAOS.espDragonShoutVoice.espIHSS.espImproved Combat Sounds v2.2.esprandomthunder.espmintylightningmod.espCutting Room Floor.espImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.espTradeBarter.esp83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.espAuto Unequip Ammo.espBirdsHFclean.espBring Out Your Dead.espClamsDropPearls.espDead Body Collision.espfFastTravelSpeedMult_4.espMoss Rocks.espMoss Rocks_DB.espORM-Arvak.espPilgrimsDelight.espPoint The Way.espRadiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.espSDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.espSDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.espSDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.espShootingStars.espSkyrim Flora Overhaul.espSkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.espSMDropLitTorch.espTraps Make Noise.espWetandCold.espWetandCold - Ashes.espChesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.espFootprints.espFootprints - Ash.espNoxUE2.00.espRaceMenu.espRaceMenuPlugin.espSkyUI.espiHUD.espElemental Staves.espExplosiveBoltsVisualized.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espLock Overhaul.espAethernautics.espquest_andtherealmsofdaedra.espApple garden.espBetterDGEntrance.espCollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.espCWIDawnDragonPatch.espCWINPCImprovements.espGildergreen Regrown.esptos_granitehall.espHebrock_Der Schatten von Meresis - EV.esphigh hrothgar overhaul.espImmersive Orc Strongholds.espImmersive Solstheim.espImmersive Whiterun.espInconsequential NPCs.espInconsequential NPCs - CRF Compatibility Patch.espKhalSpellmakingMod.espMagic of the Magna-Ge.espMzarkWonders.espNightingale Hall.espquest_nomercy.espORS_ChaptersLinker.espORS_DremoraUpdate.espquest_pitfighter.espquest_pitfighter_dlc01.espPP_OgmundsTomb.espPP_WindcallerPass.espRun For Your Lives.espWhen Vampires Attack.espquest_seaofghosts.espSky Haven Temple M&M3.espSnowbound Acres.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espWindhelm Lighthouse.espSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.espAppropriately Attired Jarls Redux.espBetterQuestObjectives.espaMidianBorn_ContentAddon.espBetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.espBetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.espBlockSparkles.espDistant DetailHF.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espParalyze.espSFO - Dragonborn.espConvenient Horses.espdD - Enhanced Blood Main.espdD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.espSoul Gems Differ.espTheChoiceIsYours.espThieves Guild Requirements.espWeapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.espNausicaa's Tweaker.espREGS - Better Docks.espExpandedWinterholdRuins.espHelgen Reborn.esptos_amber_guard.esptos_laintardale_hf.espBetter City Entrances - No Whiterun.espUnderstone Keep Repair.espHearthfireChimneys - ETaC.espHearthfireChimneysFalskaar.espChesko_Step418_SN.espOblivion Gates v3 - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.espUniqueBorderGates-All.espUniqueBorderGates-All-BetterDGEntrance.espUniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.espPrometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.espPrometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock.espJKs Whiterun.espJKs Whiterun exterior.espJKs Windhelm.espJKs Solitude.espJKs Markarth.espDawnofRiften.espBFT Ships and Carriages.espProvincial Courier Service.espRealisticRoomRental.espREGS Patch - NSutR + RRR.espBFSEffects.espDeadlySpellImpacts.espDual Wield Parrying_SKSE.espBeards.espBrows.esp3DNPC.espREGS Patch - Riften NavFull.espREGS Patch - 3DNPC.espMoonAndStar_MAS.espRRR_3DNPC-Patch.espRBB - REGS Merge.espRBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix.espETaC - Complete.espETaC - Dragon Bridge South.espETaC - Falskaar Patch.espETaC - Whiterun CRF Patch.espETaC - Complete CRF Patch.espETaC - Complete ORS Patch.espETaC - Complete BFT Patch.espETaC - Complete EWDR Patch.espETaC - Complete NSutR Patch.espETaC - Complete LoS Patch.espREGS Patch - STEP Extended.espNerniesCityandVillageExpansion.espSlightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.espGrandmaster Delphine.espKickass Esbern.espEssential Blades.espNonEssentialChildren.espAnimated Weapon Enchants.espDawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.espRealisticWaterTwo.espSTEP Extended Patch.espRealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.espRealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.espRealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.espBashed Patch, 0.espAOS_Reduced_Reverb_Addon.esp

Edited by BossNoob

Um... That may not work if the patch is changing some records from DawnofRiften.esp and those same records might have different FormIDs.

In tes5edit "check for errors" after changing the master.

If there are errors in the references 

If there are no errors then its all good

There were no errors, works just fine.

In the instructions to install "Nernies city" you don't mention which version to install besides the modified files.

But it is indicated that some of the files from the orignal mod is needed.

Quote from the guide "...However the resources from the original mod are still necessary."

I'm just looking for some clarification :)

In the instructions to install "Nernies city" you don't mention which version to install besides the modified files. But it is indicated that some of the files from the orignal mod is needed. Quote from the guide "...However the resources from the original mod are still necessary." I'm just looking for some clarification :)

That was an oversight, I've now removed the remark about the original mod being necessary.
  • +1 1