A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

i'm running into a problem with the REGS patches 4.0.2 changes to ETAC 13.2.1 i'm getting

NAVI:00012FB4 NAVINVPP=preferred PathingNavMeshesSet #5.6.8.9#11,#5080,6074,7026,8054,9027 05955D0C error could not be resloved under ETaC -  Complete CRF patch

secondly i was wondering if this was part of my main problem that i'm having being stuck at main menu screen pre options

Edited by scanlow

Both the ETaC patch installer and the REGS - Patches offer patches for CRF (and ORS), are we now meant to use the versions that come with the ETaC installer and disable the ones that come with the dropbox file? I think this is also the cause of scanlow's problem.

As for getting stuck on the main menu, try the RS children patches if you use that mod. They have just been uploaded to ETaC's nexus page. I haven't tried them out yet but I assume they will fix that problem.

The ETaC Complete - CRF Patch provided by REGS is outdated if you are using the new ETaC 13.2 update.

I would recommend using the ETaC Complete - CRF Patch from the ETaC 13.2.1 Complete Patches installer. Same thing for the ETaC Complete - ORS Patch, because that has also been updated for ETaC 13.2 as well.

• +1 1

I updated the REGS patches to remove the 2 ETaC patches that were in there now that they're no longer needed, this should clear up any misunderstandings.

Hi CJ,

I also saw that you have removed JK's Whiterun Outskirts due to clipping with ETaC-Whiterun.

Does this mean we can use the full version of Better City Entrances or keep the one without Whiterun as guide indicates?

Thanks!  ::):

Hey guys, I have a question about LoS. Is anyone using it with CoT and its patch from prod80? Are they compatible or is a patch needed?

LoS is fine with any thing from my experiences.

It becomes redundant if you are also using ELFX Exteriors.

The default color of LoS is a reddish color that is from Oblivion.

You can pretty much use any patch for and enb. That will change the color to a more pleasing look.

Edited by hishutup

Hi CJ,

I also saw that you have removed JK's Whiterun Outskirts due to clipping with ETaC-Whiterun.

Does this mean we can use the full version of Better City Entrances or keep the one without Whiterun as guide indicates?

Thanks!  ::):

I second this question.

By the way, I want to opt out of Realistic Room Rental - Enhanced. I think ETaC did a better job with inns, and I don't need the extended functionality RRR offers. Would I have any problems with an otherwise REGS-compliant setup?

Edited by Judassem

Does anyone know why or how I can solve an issue with "randomly missing textures"? A few days ago when I walked to Little Vivec, a big square in the lake around the sunken ship was missing. I thought I had a screenshot of this, but I can't find it now. I could see the sunken ship as clear as day without any water around it. I think I either entered one of the buildings or fast traveled somewhere and the lake was golden when I came back.

After finishing all the quests in Wyrmstooth, I went to the dock to travel back to Skyrim and found a floating door in the middle of the ocean. As you can see, the ship is mostly invisible although I can walk on it normally. I fast travelled to a nearby location and the ship was completely visible when I came back.

I have all of STEP Extended and REGS installed with the exception of Consistent Older People and Better Males. I do not have any other mods installed. I was iniitally getting a lot of stutter outside Whiterun and found that unticking Better Males helped significantly.

I have also modified skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini (using the Mod Organizer INI editor), pasted the settings into skse.ini (also in Mod Organizer in the INI-Files tab of the skse mod) and installed enboost directly into the Skyrim folder with the appropriate settings. This should be the relevant sections in enblocal.ini.

[GLOBAL]

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true

UseDefferedRendering=false

IgnoreCreationKit=true

[MEMORY]

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true

DisableDriverMemoryManager=false

DisablePreloadToVRAM=false

EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

ReservedMemorySizeMb=64

VideoMemorySizeMb=

EnableCompression=true

AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

[WINDOW]

ForceBorderless=false

ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

I'm using an i7 930 processor with 12GB and a Radeon 7970 video card with 2GB. It's not exactly top of the line these days. The setup right now is perhaps a bit "odd" given that I have Steam/Skyrim installed on the SSD boot drive, but Mod Organizer, BOSS, and all the mods are installed on 2GB 7200 RPM spinning rust since I don't have room on the SSD for the downloads plus the installed mods. One thing I've considered doing is reinstalling Mod Organizer on the SSD and pointing its download folder to a secondary drive.

Posted Image

@BossNoob

The only thing that I can think of is you are having issues with save corruption.

do you use autosaves at all?

Other than that I have no clue.

I'll think about it for  awhile and get back to you if I think of anything....

How come you don't use the Better Series - All in one?

Likely because there are special edits that will need to be done to it to work well with REGS or CJ just hasn't gotten there yet

I second this question.

By the way, I want to opt out of Realistic Room Rental - Enhanced. I think ETaC did a better job with inns, and I don't need the extended functionality RRR offers. Would I have any problems with an otherwise REGS-compliant setup?

I don't recall any other issues but some inns may have some flicker. If they do go yell at MissJennaBee to fix it.

By that I mean inform her with respect. 

and don't forget to re install the patches for the inns version.

Edited by hishutup

Well, this is somewhat embarrassing. After I installed STEP Extended and REGS and fixed a few blunders on my part (notably forgetting to install a couple Falskaar and Wyrmstooth patches for STEP Extended mods), I deleted all the old saves, started a new character, and disabled the autosave options. I just double checked and found the autosave options are back on. Does Skyrim re-enable these options by itself?

I never actually use autosave anyway. I usually do a full save before starting a quest, a full save before exiting Skyrim, and quicksaves at certain stages of a quest (just in case something goes wrong).

EDIT: Something tickled the back of my mind, so I double checked Mod Organizer and found where autosaves are disabled in skyrimprefs.ini as well.

[MAIN]bGamepadEnable=1bCrosshairEnabled=1fHUDOpacity=1.0000bSaveOnPause=0bSaveOnTravel=0bSaveOnWait=0bSaveOnRest=0fSkyCellRefFadeDistance=150000.0000

Edited by BossNoob