A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

I don't think there is any reason to untick certain mods when patching because I don't think the patcher cares if a mod is ticked or not. I know stats could be weird sometimes but that is really it.

As for the mods I can say they are all good other than the companions one because I have never used it but by the sounds of it should be fine

Thanks hishutup. I'm running all those mods with REGS and nothing bad happening yet. I also added a few mods that were in SR:LE, and followed the instructions the pack author gave. Also checked the REGS/SR:LE compat page to make sure I don't need to do anything else.

Thought about adding Immersive Creatures and removing DFB-Random Encounters for Extended Encounters. Still thinking about it.

Also, I read somewhere about CTDs becoming frequent down the road caused by adding and removing mods in the middle of your playthrough. Do I have to start over every time I want to make changes? I read about this at the CWO mod page. He also said once you pick the mods you want for your playthrough, there's no going back. No adding, no removing, no nothing. You have to stick with them or else you end up with problems.

Edit: Shoot, if I install Immersive Creatures, I gotta go back and make sure I reinstall any STEP Core and REGS Pack mods that need compatibility patches from this mod. For example CCO has one for IC. Hopefully I don't miss any others..

Edited by FuzzRocket9

For the real shelter mod it seems like loot doesn't sort the patches the same way as the author suggests. And the author's suggested load order is somewhat confusing. I tried making some rules but you can't actually make a rule with the patcher esp as it doesn't show as conflicting. And one of the patches says you have to load it after your entire real shelter build. Anybody else deal with this?

Edited by bern43

I noticed that too. Would love to get Real Shelter running if we have a solution. I keep coming across BOSS rules that I couldn't convert to LOOT, such as "bottom" or making it the last MCM, I just skip it and hope LOOT gets it right without help..

Skip my last post above, answer this one please! I'm installing Wearable lanterns and would love if you guys let me know of any patches or installer options that need to be enabled to get this mod running. I'll be asking this on the Core forum as well after some real sleep :) played Skyrim all night. Was freaking awesome with REGS and a few choice SR:LE. Thanks guys, for putting all this effort in giving us little guys a better Skyrim experience! I wouldn't have gotten this far without ya.

Edit: Also would love to have a good darker nights mod if anyone can recommend one to me and compatible with most mods. I don't use any lighting mods, I skipped them all if I came across any in the STEP guides. Also no ENB preset mods. I'm looking at Realistic Nights on the Nexus. What do you guys think? Hopefully easy install and no issues with other mods. I promise this is the last mod I'll ask about. I hope. Thanks.

2nd Edit: Seems like Wearable Lanterns is compatible with everything I have, so no issues yet. Might have a problem with my followers though we'll see when I find one.

Edited by FuzzRocket9

i quite skyrim for a bit but now back, but i want to just use the setup i had. don't care for some changes to ETAC and it feels safer also to just keep what was working til next play then update. anyway i had the load order differently but it changed when i forgot to keep the inis as read only. is this approximately how they should be loaded?
 because right now, i'm getting landscape gaps around the Farrier next to the Whiterun Stables

REGS - Cities.esp
ETaC - Complete.esp
ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp
ETaC - Complete 3DNPCs Patch.esp
ETaC - Complete EWDR Patch.esp
ETaC - Complete ImpeREAL Patch.esp
REGS Patch - CRF.esp
REGS Patch - 3DNPC.esp
REGS Patch - Riften NavFull.esp
REGS - Better City Entrances.esp
ETaC - Complete NSutR Patch.esp
SoS - The Dungeons.esp
SoS - The Wilds.esp
SoS - Civilization.esp
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
FootstepsSoundsOverhaul.esp
IHSS-FSO.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
ETaC - Complete ELFX Patch.esp

Edited by Necrokat

i quite skyrim for a bit but now back, but i want to just use the setup i had. don't care for some changes to ETAC and it feels safer also to just keep what was working til next play then update. anyway i had the load order differently but it changed when i forgot to keep the inis as read only. is this approximately how they should be loaded?

because right now, i'm getting landscape gaps around the Farrier next to the Whiterun Stables

REGS - Cities.esp

ETaC - Complete.esp

ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp

ETaC - Complete 3DNPCs Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete EWDR Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete ImpeREAL Patch.esp

REGS Patch - CRF.esp

REGS Patch - 3DNPC.esp

REGS Patch - Riften NavFull.esp

REGS - Better City Entrances.esp

ETaC - Complete NSutR Patch.esp

SoS - The Dungeons.esp

SoS - The Wilds.esp

SoS - Civilization.esp

Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp

FootstepsSoundsOverhaul.esp

IHSS-FSO.esp

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

ELFX - Dawnguard.esp

ELFX - Dragonborn.esp

ELFX - Exteriors.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch.esp

ELFXEnhancer.esp

ETaC - Complete ELFX Patch.esp

There's a userlist.txt available at the REGS pack page, I'd suggest to import that to BOSS (i.e. add it to your exisiting userlist) and then run BOSS again :)

I would love to have Realistic Boat Bobbing in, but I'm not running Falskaar and Wyrmstooth which it asked for. I think I know why. The RBB installer is asking if I'm using the REGS version of Better Docks. That's a no, right? I'm using the Better Docks FOMOD installer, with the REGS compatible option within the installer. The REGS version installer is the file RBB is talking about, yes? I'm confused. I just want to use this mod without Falskaar and Wyrmstooth.

If there's no way around this, I guess I'll install these mods. If I have these Falskaar and Wyrmtooth installed, will they ever cause any lag throughout my playthrough in Skyrim, even if I haven't touched this new areas yet? I suppose I could install them, only if they pose no problems. I realized my PC can barely handle the texture mods from Core, so I'm picky with what else I should add into my game.

Thank you.

Edited by FuzzRocket9

I would love to have Realistic Boat Bobbing in, but I'm not running Falskaar and Wyrmstooth which it asked for. I think I know why. The RBB installer is asking if I'm using the REGS version of Better Docks. That's a no, right? I'm using the Better Docks FOMOD installer, with the REGS compatible option within the installer. The REGS version installer is the file RBB is talking about, yes? I'm confused. I just want to use this mod without Falskaar and Wyrmstooth.

If there's no way around this, I guess I'll install these mods. If I have these Falskaar and Wyrmtooth installed, will they ever cause any lag throughout my playthrough in Skyrim, even if I haven't touched this new areas yet? I suppose I could install them, only if they pose no problems. I realized my PC can barely handle the texture mods from Core, so I'm picky with what else I should add into my game.

Thank you.

You really ARE confused :p Using any REGS option from Better Docks works - they're all the same thing.

The REGS merge from Realistic Boat Bobbing requires both Falskaar and Wyrmstooth, yes - it was built like this both by request (by CJ) and to complement a fully built REGS list. you are welcome to use the modular plugins if you don't want a particular mod, the only difference is that you'll have more plugins in your load order.

About the performance hit, I don't think so, but checking doesn't hurt :p

Hope you understand it now!

Better roads, seems ok and stable and pretty much nonconflicting after using it for some time.

Interesting mod, I didn't check it out before since I thought it was implemented like Skyrim Bridges... I'll have to test it a bit, but the description page seems to say that it's compatible with almost everything, which is nice for a change.

What are the objections regarding Skyrim Bridges?

I;ve been using it for some time, my main complain is it doesnt have LODs so bridges seem vanilla from distance. Plus osme bridges are a bit over the top for the places they are connecting, I could reason with that isn ome places ( say a pretty old bridge that once served a route that was far busier than it is today..) but not in other places.

But.. does it have.. like..uhm problems? that could affect our gameplay. or is the objection regarding to its breaking immersion somehow?

Better roads, seems ok and stable and pretty much nonconflicting after using it for some time.

What are the objections regarding Skyrim Bridges?

I;ve been using it for some time, my main complain is it doesnt have LODs so bridges seem vanilla from distance. Plus osme bridges are a bit over the top for the places they are connecting, I could reason with that isn ome places ( say a pretty old bridge that once served a route that was far busier than it is today..) but not in other places.

But.. does it have.. like..uhm problems? that could affect our gameplay. or is the objection regarding to its breaking immersion somehow?

From all I can tell (testing and using) there aren't any real objections - some issues have arised due to the use of navcut markers but they are still much better than modifying navmesh. That said, I think you can safely use it, at least i never found any problems with it :p

Is the REGS supplied version of Nernie's still compatible with the latest versions of EtaC? Its inclusion would probably signify that is should be, I'm just wondering cause it is mentioned multiple times by Etac's author that the original nernie's isnt... ( and the seem to be altering the same villages more or less).

checked most of the thread doing a search per page and didnt find ( ti must be there and I;m a duffus, so sorry in advance..)

N.