A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

oh, its still on 13.3...

I thought you were talking about 13.4 -> 13.4.1

I was going to be like... dude, its just patches..

but that is not the case

I looked through CJ patches and he doesn't seem to have any that are related to ETaC 

so you should be fine.

That's what I was talking about... :;):

Edit: NVM lol question was asked earlier in this thread... :P

CJ, kristakashi just upload a new miscallenous file for 3dnpc  which supposedly provides alternate locations for some NPCs "for users of Live Another Life".

I haven't played in quite a while but do you think this file is necessary?

If you were bothered by the slaughter that happened every time you made a new character (you can hear that happening before you activate the statue) then yes, this file may be useful :p It was caused by Fjona's familiar apparently. The readme states that his location is changed. Also, yesterday I tried the 'I'm a warlock's thrall' start with the Live Another Life mod and as soon as you spawn in the cave people start fighting each other. One of them is an apprentice necromancer and the other is Among-The-Hist from Interesting NPCs. The file also fixes this problem, I just tested it and it appears to be fine now. The last thing that was changed according to the readme is that they moved Carmella.

Edited by Pretendeavor

I see that Moon & Star has been updated to v1.13 with a small fix, but more importantly, there is now a compatibility patch for Aurora Village (which was removed from REGS when M&S was added.)

The patch includes landscape and navmesh fixes, so if you don't mind the two villages being rather close to each other, it is now possible to do so.

However, note that if for some reason you are using Undeath (which is also no longer part of REGS), it's still not compatible with Aurora Village.

Did a random start (Alt Start) and ended up in Karnsdale Farm. However, seems like Frost River Meadery is right on top of it. I can go back and forth on the door to be given the option to enter one or the other.

Did I miss something in my install? Is this a known issue? Or am I alone in having it?

I did miss something in my install. I missed updating LAL. I was running v2.3.7. Version 2.4.0 relocated and renamed the farm (From Karnsdale to Shoal's Rest). This cleared up the conflict. It is confirmed that it was between LAL & CRF. Just figured I would report back here incase someone else has this issue.

Also found a new issue. Wondering if anyone else has seen it. Seems to be a giant stone... thing? wheel? table? ... in Karthwastern. Specifcly it about halfway imbedded in the door of Karthwastern Hall. I did a clean install of the latest ETaC (Per the sticky post on ETaC Nexus page). The stone is from ETaC (ID 000e345a). I plan to just remove it from the .esp, but wanted to see if anyone else has this, or if it is just a weird remnant in my game.

Also found a new issue. Wondering if anyone else has seen it. Seems to be a giant stone... thing? wheel? table? ... in Karthwastern. Specifcly it about halfway imbedded in the door of Karthwastern Hall. I did a clean install of the latest ETaC (Per the sticky post on ETaC Nexus page). The stone is from ETaC (ID 000e345a). I plan to just remove it from the .esp, but wanted to see if anyone else has this, or if it is just a weird remnant in my game.

I traveled to Karthwasten and the door on Karthwasten Hall looks normal to me, but I started this playthrough using ETaC 13.4 and haven't updated to ETaC 13.4.1 yet (if this is relevant).

The only odd thing I've seen so far is that I can't activate the door to enter the Penitus Oculatus Outpost in Dragon Bridge, but I think this is because ETaC 13.4 moves the door and then Nernie's City and Village Expansion (later in the load order) moves it back to the vanilla location. I just noticed this yesterday and worked around it by floating around (with TCL) to activate the backside of the door to complete a Dark Brotherhood quest. This is the only time I've needed to enter the Penitus Oculatus Outpost, so I'll probably leave it alone for now.

For me the entrance to Karthwasten Hall looks fine as well. I looked up the ID in Tes5Edit. You probably misclicked, since that is the ID of the farmhouse.

The only odd thing I've seen so far is that I can't activate the door to enter the Penitus Oculatus Outpost in Dragon Bridge, but I think this is because ETaC 13.4 moves the door and then Nernie's City and Village Expansion (later in the load order) moves it back to the vanilla location. I just noticed this yesterday and worked around it by floating around (with TCL) to activate the backside of the door to complete a Dark Brotherhood quest. This is the only time I've needed to enter the Penitus Oculatus Outpost, so I'll probably leave it alone for now.

The REGS version of Nernie's mod contains 2 persistent worldspace references, that shouldn't be there if I'm not mistaken. That door in Dragon Bridge is one of them. I've removed those records in Tes5Edit and can enter Penitus Oculatus Outpost without problems. However, I did that before starting a new game, so I don't know if it will work with an existing savegame.

The IDs of the records are 00017759 and 0001A81E. They are probably leftovers from the original mod.

edit: just double checked Nernie's plugin in Tes5edit and CK. There are a few more persistent references which need to be removed. All records that place items into the cell -26,20 (DragonBridgeExterior02) as they will result in a weapon rack floating in mid air. There are also some edits to cell 4,-4 (WhiterunExterior16) but those are just invisible markers, so they shouldn't be noticeable.

Edited by TirigonX

The REGS version of Nernie's mod contains 2 persistent worldspace references, that shouldn't be there if I'm not mistaken. That door in Dragon Bridge is one of them. I've removed those records in Tes5Edit and can enter Penitus Oculatus Outpost without problems. However, I did that before starting a new game, so I don't know if it will work with an existing savegame.

The IDs of the records are 00017759 and 0001A81E. They are probably leftovers from the original mod.

edit: just double checked Nernie's plugin in Tes5edit and CK. There are a few more persistent references which need to be removed. All records that place items into the cell -26,20 (DragonBridgeExterior02) as they will result in a weapon rack floating in mid air. There are also some edits to cell 4,-4 (WhiterunExterior16) but those are just invisible markers, so they shouldn't be noticeable.

Thanks for the information.

I noticed these two conflicts when I looked at the mods in TES5Edit last weekend, but I'm in the middle of a playthrough and I suspect the data is baked into the save. I haven't really found it annoying so I'll wait to do the edits after I finish this playthrough. I know Skyrim doesn't like it too much when mods change.

For me the entrance to Karthwasten Hall looks fine as well. I looked up the ID in Tes5Edit. You probably misclicked, since that is the ID of the farmhouse.

Okay, thanks for looking into it! Must be some remnant from the past, or a mistake I made. I probably did mis-click. As I have found out for me clicking on the right thing is really flippin hard... Running 3 monitors, using the Flawless Widescreen Hack to make it work with Skyrim. Beautiful to run, but messes up stuff like clicking in the console. First world problems, ya know?

ALso, I see JK has released Riverwood now. Looks pretty darn nice.

I there a reason JK Riften didn't make the cut? Is Dawn of better? SOrry if it is in the past on the forum Just tell me to shut up if so :) Can't search for some reason (flow control, must wait 11 seconds, but I've waited 11 minutes and still won't work...)

I there a reason JK Riften didn't make the cut? Is Dawn of better? SOrry if it is in the past on the forum Just tell me to shut up if so :) Can't search for some reason (flow control, must wait 11 seconds, but I've waited 11 minutes and still won't work...)

I thought I remembered seeing some discussion on this but all I found in a quick search through the forum are these comments:

I tell you what. JK's mods seem to be on a mission to kill FPS, I can't imagine combining them with the Dawn of mods.

Which is why I don't plan to use any of the combos. :P

Each city will have either a JK mod or a Piano one. Right now I was thinking:

- JK's Whiterun

- Dawn of Riften

- Dawn of Markarth

- JK's Windhelm (because Dawn of Windhelm is too colorful and cheerful for such a city)

- JK's Solitude (also I'm a bit unsure on this one atm)

I guess someone would have to make patches for Cutting Room Floor and Interesting NPCs. That's the main reason why I'm using Dawn of Riften.

All of JK's have quite a performance impact on my system, but Markarth is definitely the worst. I get ~20 fps in some areas of the city, so I'm using the Dawn mod here too.

This mod looks very tempting, but according to the comments it's incompatible with both JK's and Dawn of Solitude: TRUE CITY - The Great Expansion of Solitude

Edited by TirigonX

This mod looks very tempting, but according to the comments it's incompatible with both JK's and Dawn of Solitude: TRUE CITY - The Great Expansion of Solitude

There is a video for that mod here, shows some things pretty well.

Must say I am impressed by the scale of things he did, must've been a hell of a lot of work. 

CJ have you seen it?

- About 20 new residential houses

- Nearly 50 new NPCs added. Seriously.

- Full NPC daily schedules 

- Many new shops and stuff including:
  - Secondary tavern
  - Luxury Hotel
  - Jewelry store
  - Brewery
  - Outer guardhouse
  - Apartments
  - Traders
  - Wood carpenter
  - Bookshop
  - Townhouse
  - Grocery 
  - Secondary blacksmith
  - Market stalls
  -  Lift house for EEC workers

- Over 30 new buildings in total. 

- All-new district built from scratch, nearly twice in size as the Market place

- Fully navmeshed new areas completely by hand

- Increased Imperial and security presence

- Expanded Castle Dour, now with more misleading doors!

- Over 200 hours spent, 500 if you include the rebuilding process

- City has overall been expanded by just over 1.5x in size. You can probably fit 5 Riftens in there now.

That city expansion looks really good! I'm pretty sure that would conflict with either of the other too though, as that seems like quite the overhaul. I love the look of the JK mods, but I haven't tried them in my game yet. So I am a bit disappointed to hear they kill fps. That said, the video above seems similarly detailed and probably would be an fps killer as well (definitely so if those most of those 50 NPCs are outside). That said, I'd say that this one gives the [potential] capital a much more impressive feel and definitely deserves consideration. And if that fps drop isn't too much, I'd give this one priority.

I have some time this weekend, would you like me to try each of the 3 solitude mods to see how it affects my fps?

Not sure if Skyrim performance monitor is working correctly or not, but i didn't get any fps differences between the mods. That aside, I liked the True City expansion, but some quality issues bother me. It added a lot of things, but it seemed that in doing so, he also overlaps a lot of things.

2 that I noticed:

https://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/Spiffyman777/ScreenShot4_zpsa3926125.png

https://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/Spiffyman777/ScreenShot5_zps90430731.png

That second one might be overlooked by most people (as it kind of blends in), but for me it stuck out enough that I immediately noticed it. Based on that, I'd say hold off on this mod for now and wait for newer versions. For now stick with either JK or Dawn. Tried both of those, and I'm leaning towards Dawn as JK got me lost.... That could be viewed as a good thing though :P

Not sure if Skyrim performance monitor is working correctly or not, but i didn't get any fps differences between the mods. That aside, I liked the True City expansion, but some quality issues bother me. It added a lot of things, but it seemed that in doing so, he also overlaps a lot of things.

2 that I noticed:

https://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/Spiffyman777/ScreenShot4_zpsa3926125.png

https://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/Spiffyman777/ScreenShot5_zps90430731.png

That second one might be overlooked by most people (as it kind of blends in), but for me it stuck out enough that I immediately noticed it. Based on that, I'd say hold off on this mod for now and wait for newer versions. For now stick with either JK or Dawn. Tried both of those, and I'm leaning towards Dawn as JK got me lost.... That could be viewed as a good thing though :P

Hi, Spiffy. Did you use the newest version (it was released around the time you posted this) when testing? The author said he reduced clipping and readjusted some house positions. If you did, I'd suggest posting your pictures on the modpage, a lot of authors are welcoming of suggestions and/or bug reports (which I guess you could file this under).

Also, hello again to CJ and Nearox! I'm slowly crawling my way back into Skyrim after a very long break (due to some real life problems), and hopefully I'll get around to installing this and enjoying the fruits of your hard labor. If you need any help, don't hesitate asking.

• +1 1