Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

I used the Brighter Interiors and Nights option in the new installer and immediately saw the improvement indoors inside the Helgen dungeon. I noticed the Bloom as I approached the exit was still fairly strong but outdoors it was fine. The weather was clear, 11am and very bright.

Outside Riverwood looking up and to the right at the mountains, the clouds over the peaks were very bright indeed and largely blown out to full white but this was at almost noon on the very clearest bright day. Lower down or in the distance they looked exceptionally good.

Performance was the same as the 6.xx betas in that at coc riverwood with DoF turned off I got a very good steady 50-52fps at 1440p.

The smoke from Alvor's forge that was formerly too blue is looking very good now. There is a slight blue tint but it is very realistic and that issue is now fully resolved in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings everyone, Vividian 6.01 just got released with nice new features and addons:

Climates of Tamriel weather patch updateBig update for the Vividian CoT weatherpatch has been done. We tryd to smooth out the sun and sunglare differences between the weathers as good as possible by modifying the mod weathers directly in the esp. Alot of overblooming should be gone now because of this and it is now much easier to tweak.About 400+ weathers where changed and unified in this step.Changes:- Updated Vanilla weather patch for even better effects.- Rearanged the weatherlist for better CoT results.- updated Pure weather weathers to version 1.8- disabled not really noticeable Water effects in the regular version for a bit more fps.- added ELE DLC presets to the installer- Added Mindflux particle and subsurface scatteringpatch to the installer- added Darker Interior option for Pure weather weathers- redone RCRN weathers.- tweaked some Skyrim vanilla weathers and Nights- Updated Extended Weathers to fit with Pure weathers 1.8 and reflect all the changes done to the weather patches.- updated the Vividian Support files - Skyrim prefs- rebalanced weatherID's for Real Shelter- tweaked Ambient occlusion and Indirect Lighting values- changed Time of day Settings a bit.- Fixed wrong effect.txt settings restuling in a slight fullscreen blur - no idea how that happend.

• +1 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just tested out the Vanilla version and have to say I'm amazed! I did get a lot of invisible textures but I'm sure that's because I haven't completely set up my system for ENB as I was just testing (still have hardware AA on, etc). Is the vanilla version compatible with ELE? I know the main version is but there's not much talk about the vanilla version on the mod page.

Tanks :)Yes it i compatible with ele and also elfx as well. Relight Skyrim should also work in it as well as "Shadows".

I actually am in the progress do put the Vanilla edition in a installer and update things on it. So in a few days there should be a new verion out.

You should also try out the regular 6.x version, tech, I think it is still pretty close to vanilla - or at least to the way vanilla is supposed to look. 

I'll do that. I'm also going to try out Serenity ENB. I have an idea  of advocating an officially recommended ENB for STEP for the 2.3.0 release (which is still a long ways off). So far from the few I've tested, Vividian Vanilla is spot on for something like this. The fact that it has a performance version is also extremely helpful as well; making it open to more users without the need for tweaking. That part is essential. It has to be as much plug-and-play as possible without the need for a lot of tweaking in order to be the most successful as a STEP recommendation. I'll be doing more testing today and will check out the regular version (no COT though...that think is a pain to make compatible in a setup like STEP and is one of the reasons we dropped it from STEP a lot time ago).

I'm running the Vivid 6.1 version, and yeah... not going back. I like the way the colors pop. I can see why the vanilla would be the STEP version, but I like a little more color-pop in the world. :) That said, pretties!

The vanilla version is a little misleading. It does, in fact, change the colors. However, they aren't fantasized in any way. They remain their vanilla counterparts but have added richness and depth. More than anything the lighting is corrected which goes a long long way. Overcast days are no longer oddly bright, but feel like an overcast, cloudy day.

thanks all :)I just updated the Vivid and Vanilla Version:

Vivid

6.013- Enhanced Nights on Pure Weather Nights by adding a new patch that fixes Pure weather nights to be compatible with ENB.It will get installed as soon you check the Pure weather support for the ENB and is called "Vividian - Pure Weather patch"Now the nights are actually controllable in ENB and the Black wall wich was caused by the Distant fog is gone now.- Enhanced Climates of Tamriel Nights. Nordic nights are back! - The horizon Gradient is now visible to mimic the never 100% setting sun in nordic countrys.- Enhanced the Sunsprite. The blue dot in the middle is now gone and the sunglare got now more visible rays.- Updated Extended Weathers to be compatible with the Pure weather patch in Vividian.

Vanilla

5.60- Repacked the Vanilla version as Multi Installer, Now installable via your prefered mod manager.- Updated all weathers to the latest vividian Patches- Several weather fixes on all presets.- enhanced Sunsprite colors and intensity for all weather mods.

- Enhanced Nights on Pure Weather Nights by adding a new patch that fixes Pure weather nights to be compatible with ENB.It will get installed as soon you check the Pure weather support for the ENB and is called "Vividian - Pure Weather patch"Now the nights are actually controllable in ENB and the Black wall wich was caused by the Distant fog is gone now.

Edit: Oh if you are wondering about the version differences, the new vanilla version with the new Coloring system that should have been Version 6 takes a bit longer, so i gave the 5.x version a Upgrade.

Edited by Mangaclub
  • +1 2

Now I have a STEP profile running Aiyen's ENB (which is also awesome)  and an SRLE profile running Vividian... I have just this to say, Mangaclub...

The Vivid edition is absolutely drop dead gorgeous. Colours are perfect, weathers work a treat and it just POPS.

I'm going to need a new jaw since I think it just smashed from hitting the floor. :D