Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

Lovely compares, thanks for taking the time to do em! 

Overall my impression is that it takes vanilla.... removes the annoyingly ugly teal tint that is persistent through the entire game, and replace it with a more grey tone that actually helps break the monotony I really hate about vanilla. Also manage to make the sky get closer to looking blue, instead of always being only variations of pale blue/greys. 

The much improved tonemapping also really shine in just about all of the images. Vanilla is just ..... too much made for TV´s imo

I could ofc nitpick a little bit, but it is not so much issues as design choices so I will refrain! :) 

Again good work and thanks for the compares! 

Wow White this is a amazing compare! Awsome work!  Many thanks ! May i sue some of them also on the website?

Btw, The falkonreach darkness is mainly caused by the overcast weather in this shot.

We think Overcasts should be actually darker than clear weathers and dark areas with lots of dark textures + cloudshadows will get a spooky feeling then, wich is imo a positive effect cus needlewoods are usually pretty dark and spooky :D.

Thumbs up! :thumbsup:

eheh okok i use them instead, as you wish :D

There is adaptation in the vivid version, But its quiet subtle. Mostly noticeable in snow or in the interiors. Not sure if its wise to make it that strong cus many people find this annoying and want to deactivate it if it is too noticeable. If that happens things get messed up ;) 

Lovely compares, thanks for taking the time to do em! 

Overall my impression is that it takes vanilla.... removes the annoyingly ugly teal tint that is persistent through the entire game, and replace it with a more grey tone that actually helps break the monotony I really hate about vanilla. Also manage to make the sky get closer to looking blue, instead of always being only variations of pale blue/greys. 

The much improved tonemapping also really shine in just about all of the images. Vanilla is just ..... too much made for TV´s imo

I could ofc nitpick a little bit, but it is not so much issues as design choices so I will refrain! :) 

Again good work and thanks for the compares! 

This is why I like vanilla version so much. It's close to the original game but just richer and "fixed". As for the TV commit, I have to say...I have an IPS monitor and without having to switch presets all the time when I enter a game (because I usually forget), most of the ENBs I've tried have been overly done for my current monitor settings (which is a balance between "good for everyday" vs "good for gaming"). I'll admit that the only time I remember to change the preset is for movies. The vanilla version works perfect for my current preset. This IPS if more sensitive to contrast and saturation than I expected it to be...but that's not a bad thing!

PS: I'm advocating in include the vanilla version in an Official STEP Pack. (teaser)

Yeah it is also quite obvious when you read some feedback comments from people that they play on woefully uncalibrated and in general bad display panels. I in general do not like or recommend the "good for gaming" presets on monitors, since all they tend to do is increase saturation and contrast to make colors ... pop more. Especially on IPS panels which already have a really rich color and decent contrast default setting mode. 

If I enable my "gaming mode" then it will turn almost any game into a cartoon looking thingy in terms of color crispness. 

But yeah I agree that this vanilla version just works in most cases. And I am also supporting its inclusion in an official capacity! :)  

Yeah it is also quite obvious when you read some feedback comments from people that they play on woefully uncalibrated and in general bad display panels. I in general do not like or recommend the "good for gaming" presets on monitors, since all they tend to do is increase saturation and contrast to make colors ... pop more. Especially on IPS panels which already have a really rich color and decent contrast default setting mode. 

If I enable my "gaming mode" then it will turn almost any game into a cartoon looking thingy in terms of color crispness. 

But yeah I agree that this vanilla version just works in most cases. And I am also supporting its inclusion in an official capacity! :)  

Oh, I've set up three personal presets. The one I mentioned above, one for strictly gaming and one for movies. I loaded up several games and movies to balance each of those two out. It took about 40 mins to calibrate each preset to where I was happy with them. But you're right, the included default presets are usually horrible.

I know why i bought be that spyder elite :D Nothing is more worth than a Calibrated monitor ;)

Since we are teasering, and comparing, i might to that too :D

Pictures in following ordeR:

Vanilla (without enb), vividian Vanilla V5, Vividian Vanilla - Silk (WIP) , Vividian Vanilla 6 - test (vivid just desaturated to vanilla values)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Mangaclub

In your FOMOD, you should consider changing Step 1's group types from "SelectAtMostOne" to "SelectExactlyOne". This will remove the "None" option from the choices available which can cause some confusion and potentially cause improper installs since you're currently giving the user the choice of entirely skipping over the ENB files which (I assume) is not intended.

On Step 3 you need to add in an additional group. One for the DoF options and set it's type to "SelectExactlyOne". Since all the DoF options would overwrite each other, you can only install one option but you're giving users the choice of (attempting) to install all of them if they desire. The second group would be for the Enblocal file, Dirt option and SMAA which can retain the type "SelectAny". The third you can keep for the Support or add them into the second group to eliminate the third group to keep just two as you have now.

Question for you Magna.

I recently swapped out COT (mostly because I was tired of finding compatibility patches), and I've noticed that the 'god rays' I used to see everywhere seem to have vanished. Is that something I'm only going to see with COT in, or has something else, possibly, changed? If it's the former, then I'd not mind putting COT back in (I can live with the extra esp patches and whatnot), but if that's not intended then I am curious what I need to do to get them back...

They just make the place so pretties when I see them.

Question for you Magna.

I recently swapped out COT (mostly because I was tired of finding compatibility patches), and I've noticed that the 'god rays' I used to see everywhere seem to have vanished. Is that something I'm only going to see with COT in, or has something else, possibly, changed? If it's the former, then I'd not mind putting COT back in (I can live with the extra esp patches and whatnot), but if that's not intended then I am curious what I need to do to get them back...

They just make the place so pretties when I see them.

I have godrays without CoT. Make sure they're turned on in the ENB and make sure your using Vividian Weathers if you're not using CoT anymore.

They depend on which cloud textures you use.... in that regard then CoT clouds have more .. space between them on cloudy weathers then vanilla which allows the effect to be more visible. 

On the other hand since vanilla clouds are more dense then when the effect is there it should really be noticeable. 

Yes the Godrays are still there, although since you uninstalled CoT the vast ammount of weathers reduced where they might appear verry clearly. There are two kinds of God rays in enb you can experience, those coming throught clouds on cloudy weathers (Volumetric Rays) and those wich are visible when you look throught some trees into the sun (Procedual sun) wich mimics foggy and humid air. Now is the question wich one is missing?