Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

Actually most post processing cost next to nothing on modern cards! It is all the other ENB effects etc. that cost, but those are not post processing. 

The most expensive post processing is Gaussian blur if done right n proper, hence if you get the idea on how to implement gaussian blur 10% better then current techniques then you could become a rich guy rather quickly! 

That said then I guess you already could create such a material... it would just be too expensive to manufacture in bulk! :) 

i developed naturally a absolutley performance friendly gaussian blur without any performance loss, let me show you:

:wacko:  - Gausian Blur on

:geek:  - Gausian blur off

so now...lets talk about becoming a rich guy quickly :D

Edited by Mangaclub

Allright good news, new version 5.20 is up! :D

Much stuff changed again:

- updated to the latest enbeffects.fx from prod80- New special edition "VANILLA COLOR VERSION" for everyone who likes the colors of vanilla skyrim.This Edition is developed as second "Main Version", and is always simultaneously and equally worked on.It uses a b/w palette instead of the magenta plus some minor config differences.- optimized all weathers to the new enbeffects.fx including all special editions- enhanced Pure weather weathers - please update and i would advice to use the brighter nights edition of PW :)- Switched to the new Softbloom from prod80. This doesn't over bloom bright areas anymore.- Added "Wearable Lanterns" Preset to the Required File.- Many tweaks

And finally we overworked the directory structure. Hope it makes more sense now.

With the amount of time you guys put into it, then it is sort of amazing that you do not just develop your own .fx files instead! You clearly do not lack creativity... and apparently time and patience is something you got in truck loads! So go go go! The more files there are which are not just PP2 the better.... in fact the further away from the default files we can get the better!  

The performance of 5.20 seems comparable to 5.10. I get the same frame rate outside Riverwood and also looking down the steps at Dragonsreach.

I can tell the difference in the 5.20 Bloom code when near braziers but will have to wait till it is darker here to check small light sources as I have a lot of background light in the room.

Hehehe, just made my day there! :D 

I guess from my own experience one just starts out with weathers, then move on and learn C++/HLSL and then have the entire power of ENB at your hands rather then just tweaking the values. Would seem even more natural in your case, since you probably have the most extensive preset out there atm

In any case keep up the amazing work your doing! 

@Daniel:

thanks for the info. Yes there is a difference in the blom:) The new Softbloom is...uhm..soft :)

@aiyen:

thanks! we will :)

If i would code any C++/HLSL then i would try todo a Depth of Field that costs 1 FPS at max :D

Ok seems my tea never runs out so here we go, the mod is now named:

Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Because now Vividian also Supports all RCRN Weathers with the new 5.23 version and is compatible with it's imagespaces (settings on the mainpage)

So, anyone know some more Weather mods for skyrim to support or was this already everything?:)

Version: 5.23 changes:

- New: Preset for Vurts "Skyrim Flora Overhaul".At the moment one texturealteration for the "kind of" out-of-place snowy pinetree. Maybe some more stuff in the future.- Update to Wearable Lanterns Preset- Balanced Contrastbloom and Gaussianbloom a bit.- A few small adjustments to tonemap, foremost interior.- Added RCRN Compatibility for all of it's weathers - Have a look at the Main Vividian page for Required Settings- Fixed ESS Weathers for the latest ESS Version- Updated Skyrim Prefs- Added Static Depth of Field Effects in the Optional Files- Updated and enhanced Pure Weather Weathers

Greetings everyone.the latest Vividian 5.24 now includes a Photorealistic Depth of Field. (optional files folder)This Depth of field is designed especially for Photographers and people who like autofocus.It will take every object into focus even if it's far away including near or far blurring of out of focus objects.That also means you will have a constant Distant Blur effect unless you focus on the mountains.I think it is pretty awsome but now the important point:This should be also much more performance friendly but we will require some testers if this really is so.On positive results i will try to convert it also to all the others DoF effects to rise up general performance.

beside that some more changes where made here and there:

- Some small Adjustments to Tonemaps- introducing of the new Photorealistic Depth of Field available in the optional files folder.this one should also gain some performance boost.- minor RCRN weather tweaks- Updated Pure Weather Edition. Please consult the Readme in the Pure weather Special Edition folder.

5.24 is working beautifully for me. Thanks for all the continuing work.

I have to confess to turning off the DoF because I find the effect a little tiring on the eyes but I think the new soft Bloom is amazing.

I see from the readmes that the Brighter Interiors alt presets are considered a little behind the curve as far as tweaking is concerned. How far from your ideal do you think they are?

not that far i must say, we just want to make clear that we didn't tested all dungeons and all interiors with those editions yet,  but basicly they should work and look quiet well. 

We mostly did those brighter editions for people who experience too dark interiors because of their monitor,gamma and brightness settings. So they got a quick opportunity to finally see something again. 

Well, everything is brighter, so weather settings and interior lightings/pointlighting/ambientlight, everything gets brighter, even the sky and clouds at night. That is the thing we mean. Some things may look a little different from what we designed them to be. And as said, some scenes may even look better with brighter editions. Others better with darker, thats skyrim. And matter of taste.

Like Manga said, they need a little more love in the near future, but they are looking ok.

Edited by benhat