v2.2.6 Development

z929669

I think I remember reading that the author has cleaned up the scripts to an extent for SkyTest. I'll be posting a list today in the admin forum of the mods that should be considered for removal. I was being coy with my message above about this (being a public thread), but I guess the "cat is out of the bag" about the reduction.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I used Skytest it was a very script-heavy and somewhat resource hungry (since it adds a number of animals). Has this changed significantly?

I used it way back then. It seems a lot better. The mod author re-did the mod from scratch a while back. To make everything more stable and cleaning up the scripts. It does add a number of animals. No more than More Village Animals. Less even in some places. Several of the new types of animals could be questionable for Skyrim (pigs, sheep and goose)? They are not everywhere like chickens, goats and cows however.

Added to the removal section as suggested. Didn't add Time on Loading Screen from the ones I listed. Looking at the time on the menu cannot be anymore immersion breaking than tabbing out or using steam. 

Held/holding off on other mods that are less obvious of a removal and or a decision has not yet been made (even if they have issues). 

Help with this release!

Additions

Removals

Mod Order Changes

Guide Changes

Help with this release!

For replacers, the test case should be a high-quality screenshot compare. We don't need a lot, just two or three sets of compares on the thread in Mod Suggestions (MS) marked [ TESTING ].

For non-replacers, please head over to MS and read the Announcement. Then go into the testing thread and contribute some test ideas or some of your own test results.

The idea is that testing --and logging of that activity on the threads-- will be touch & go for a lot of mods, and it should be pretty clear by anyone stumbling upon any mod thread what the end result is.

Let us know if you want to be a Mod Tester!

Why was HQ Milky Way galaxy removed? Same with smaller crosshair?

HQ Milky Way galaxy was removed because it was quite immersion/lore breaking to have the Milky Way in Skyrim.

I assume that Smaller Crosshair was removed because it breaks the coloured compass icons in Not Another Colored Map Icon Mod.

HQ Milky Way galaxy was removed because it was quite immersion/lore breaking to have the Milky Way in Skyrim.

I assume that Smaller Crosshair was removed because it breaks the coloured compass icons in Not Another Colored Map Icon Mod.

So what will be in the sky instead? Just stars and the moons? We should see if there is a mod that makes a galaxy that does not look like the milky way. Actually, why assume that it is even the milky way? Many galaxies look like the milky way. Doesn't mean it needs to be THIS galaxy. 

That would be correct =) Of course if you do not mind the coloured compass icons you can still use it.

So what will be in the sky instead? Just stars and the moons? We should see if there is a mod that makes a galaxy that does not look like the milky way. Actually, why assume that it is even the milky way? Many galaxies look like the milky way. Doesn't mean it needs to be THIS galaxy. 
It was discussed over here: https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1589

It was decided that the galaxy included in the HRDLC and Skyrim HD looked better than the Milky Way one. I assume that the Skyrim HD one will be used normally, as it comes with the download. But people can obvious delete the texture from that to use the HRDLC one, or install their own one over the time. It is only a texture file or two, after all.

Edit: Oops, Eilian's post wasn't here when I was typing mine out. Guess it makes most of what I said redundant.

It was discussed over here: https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1589

It was decided that the galaxy included in the HRDLC and Skyrim HD looked better than the Milky Way one. I assume that the Skyrim HD one will be used normally, as it comes with the download. But people can obvious delete the texture from that to use the HRDLC one, or install their own one over the time. It is only a texture file or two, after all.

Edit: Oops, Eilian's post wasn't here when I was typing mine out. Guess it makes most of what I said redundant.

Cool. I agree with what's said there. Thanks!