v2.2.6 Development

z929669

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It definitely needs a compatibility patch wether you use the Sounds-module from CoT or not

Found this little gem:

TES5Edit contains a custom script to create a compatibility patch between SoS-Wilds and Climates of Tamriel, automatically.

(Load both mods, apply the custom script aptly called "Skyrim - Create patch for ClimatesOfTamriel and SoundsOfSkyrim-TheWilds.pas", which can be found in TES5Edit's "Edit Scripts" folder.)

It might be necessary to check this automatic patch if it really covers everything, but it might make creating a compatibility patch a lot easier.

Edit: Upon testing this script, I can say it's a start. If you use the CoT - Sounds module and Dawnguard you'll still need to do some of it manually, and you need to do it manually for Civs-module too but it's much less work than the Wilds module (Dungeons doesn't require any)

Ok, since COT is one of our optional packs (officially since it is stated like this on our forum) we'ld need that patch asap so we can implement SoS in STEP. At least that's my point of view. What do you guys think?

I posted a temp patch for it on SR section that I've also sent to Cliffworms incase he wants it, but either way it shouldn't be long until he has one up. It also requires a separate RLO patch for the record, didnt have time to make that one before work

Of the mods that I suggested in my first post, only W&C - Ashes, Telvanni Reborn, and the two kryptolyr mods have been officially marked as testing.

I'm wondering why the other mods suggested didn't get marked for testing - not meant to be insulting, but it feels odd that only some were considered - especially since the Falmer armor retexture got some detailed comparisons (and looked to be the best out of the ones tested).

Ok' date=' since COT is one of our optional packs (officially since it is stated like this on our forum) we'ld need that patch asap so we can implement SoS in STEP. At least that's my point of view. What do you guys think?[/quote']

I corrected the Anthology thread ... CoT is NOT currently a part of STEP in any way ... neither is any weather lighting mod ;)

... our bad for missing this inconsistency :whistling:

Of the mods that I suggested in my first post' date=' only W&C - Ashes, Telvanni Reborn, and the two kryptolyr mods have been officially marked as testing.

I'm wondering why the other mods suggested didn't get marked for testing - not meant to be insulting, but it feels odd that only some were considered - especially since the Falmer armor retexture got some detailed comparisons (and looked to be the best out of the ones tested).[/quote']

'tis because I just have not had time to follow most of your suggestions to learn more. Need more time and more admin to help. Farlo will be done with his finals soon, so ...

Might be an idea to include that people should create an skse.ini and add [General] ClearInvalidRegistrations=1 ? It solves a lot of issues with savegame bloat etc and I see no reason not include it

Might be an idea to include that people should create an skse.ini and add [General] ClearInvalidRegistrations=1 ? It solves a lot of issues with savegame bloat etc and I see no reason not include it

Is this based on fact of speculation? Not challenging, just wondering.

I agree that it makes sense, and I personally use it but cannot confirm the effect. Mostly just OCD :P

Is this based on fact of speculation? Not challenging, just wondering.

I agree that it makes sense, and I personally use it but cannot confirm the effect. Mostly just OCD :P

joshkope is a good example, after sorting his 3.1gb CTDs he still had tons of stuttering and freezes. His save, that had only ever used step mods, was at 38mb. After adding clearinvalidregistrations it went down to 17,5mb and no more freezes/stuttering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2