v2.2.6 Development

z929669

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Birds of Skyrim is already in Section 2H. SkyBirds is designed to play beautifully with Birds of Skyrim so we can keep that and replace Birds & Flocks with SkyBirds if testing proves it's worth it. From the sounds of it, it completely worth replacing but we'll need to see what turns up in testing.

All sounds good and I'll add this and other suggestions to the list.

Release will need to wait 'till next weekend, as I have been out of town on business the past few days, and today is mom's day in the States, so I will not be able to get everything updated today. I'll work on this through the week and be ready next Saturday or Sunday for release of 2.2.6 (unless Farlo beats me to it).

Before you remove 'Birds and Flocks'...

This is posted on the 'Skybirds' mod description, under 'Optional Required Mods':

To enjoy all the new features of skyBirds v0.93 the following mods are required:

• "SkyUI" for the MCM menu functionality.
  • "SKSE" for the MCM and "sound injector" functionality.
  • "Birds of Skyrim" to enjoy the "injected sounds" and improvements that skyBirds adds to this.
  • "Birds and Flocks" or "Birds and Flocks Hearthfire Edition" - skyBirds fixes script bugs in this mod.
skyBirds v0.93 should still work without the above mods, but with limited functionality.

Maybe 'Birds and Flocks' is salvageable after all? 

This is posted on the 'Skybirds' mod description, under 'Optional Required Mods':

To enjoy all the new features of skyBirds v0.93 the following mods are required:

• "Birds of Skyrim" to enjoy the "injected sounds" and improvements that skyBirds adds to this.
  • "Birds and Flocks" or "Birds and Flocks Hearthfire Edition" - skyBirds fixes script bugs in this mod.
skyBirds v0.93 should still work without the above mods, but with limited functionality.

In light of this, SkyBirds should be tested in both a full STEP installation: one with Roosters at Dawn removed and one with Roosters at Dawn & Birds and Flocks removed. This will tells us if Birds and Flocks is really fixed by SkyBirds.

In light of this, SkyBirds should be tested in both a full STEP installation: one with Roosters at Dawn removed and one with Roosters at Dawn & Birds and Flocks removed. This will tells us if Birds and Flocks is really fixed by SkyBirds.
Could you update the OP in MT thread with the recommended testing methods?

thanks ;)

thanks ;)

Vurt's used to need a SkyBirds patch, is that still going to be necessary. Probably just to enable perching or to move spawn points for birds if vurt put a tree there.

Vurt's used to need a SkyBirds patch, is that still going to be necessary. Probably just to enable perching or to move spawn points for birds if vurt put a tree there.

The answer is no: SFO v179e (which is what STEP uses) includes the fix for SkyBirds already.

thanks ;)

Will do after work if no one beats me to it.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but when creating a BCF for Book of Silence, I found that the weapons package recommends Elven weapons, but the texture directory for that particular subpackage is empty. Not sure if this package USED to have something in it, but it definitely doesn't know. For right now, I'm setting up the BCF to just ignore that package, but if someone could give me some guidance on this, that would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

This Project seems to be almost at a halt. What is the future of STEP?

Actually, the core team is still very well active - just behind the scenes, figuring out what to do next. One thing that's going to happen for sure is that Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited will be merged into STEP over time.