v2.2.6 Development

z929669

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally...just got updated to 2.2.5! Well' date=' all except Dual Sheath Redux. I'm waiting to see if Neo will upload a patch or patched version from STEP to make things a bit easier for the community.[/quote']

It works fine using only the plugins. Mod notes are good.

I just repackaged into a single installer. (maybe a good candidate for a BAIN, I'll see about adding that ... Neo, let me know if you want to host a BAIN installer.

Finally...just got updated to 2.2.5! Well' date=' all except Dual Sheath Redux. I'm waiting to see if Neo will upload a patch or patched version from STEP to make things a bit easier for the community.[/quote']

I just repackaged into a single installer. (maybe a good candidate for a BAIN' date=' I'll see about adding that ... Neo, let me know if you want to host a BAIN installer.

[/quote']

I was under the impression it conflicted with a could mods and needed a specific load order or a patch built.

I just repackaged into a single installer. (maybe a good candidate for a BAIN' date=' I'll see about adding that ... Neo, let me know if you want to host a BAIN installer.[/quote']

I was under the impression it conflicted with a could mods and needed a specific load order or a patch built.

I think he meant he put the optional packs into an installer. If someone also knows how to make a NMM installer that would work with said BAIN installer I would host a combo installer (if thats possible). That way I could remove the optionals and put them into the main file as part of the installer. I'm sure it's not hard to maintain once built.

Realistic Mushrooms was updated with a Dragonborn file for the mushrooms on the Tel Mithryn side of Solsthiem, might be added to the notes. It is also included in Telvanni Reborn, which covers more stuff and should be looked at for inclusion at least until there is a major Solsthiem replacer.

I just repackaged into a single installer. (maybe a good candidate for a BAIN' date=' I'll see about adding that ... Neo, let me know if you want to host a BAIN installer.[/quote']

I think he meant he put the optional packs into an installer. If someone also knows how to make a NMM installer that would work with said BAIN installer I would host a combo installer (if thats possible). That way I could remove the optionals and put them into the main file as part of the installer. I'm sure it's not hard to maintain once built.

Very simple to maintain if file names/paths remain consistent. A wizard is a very simple script that you would understand even more effortlessly than a fomod XML script. I have never found an easy way to create a NMM installer ... you would think that it would be simple to do with NMM itself, but I cannot see it.

If anyone knows of a tutorial for creating fomod scripts, it would be helpful. (WB doc has details on wizard scripts).

If anyone knows of a tutorial for creating fomod scripts' date=' it would be helpful. (WB doc has details on wizard scripts).[/quote']

This guide by nyrb, although made for FNV, still is applicable to making FOMOD scripts in XML for Skyrim.

As for the C# scripts (in case you want to modify the old installer), said guide points you to this separate guide.

Just be forewarned - the XML installer will be long. Very long. The NMM installer for Disease Descriptions was 140 lines long, as compared to the BAIN installer, which was a mere 43. I can't imagine how long the XML for Soul Gems Differ is going to be...

If anyone knows of a tutorial for creating fomod scripts' date=' it would be helpful. (WB doc has details on wizard scripts).[/quote']

This guide by nyrb' date=' although made for FNV, still is applicable to making FOMOD scripts in XML for Skyrim.

As for the C# scripts (in case you want to modify the old installer), said guide points you to this separate guide.

Just be forewarned - the XML installer will be long. Very long. The NMM installer for Disease Descriptions was 140 lines long, as compared to the BAIN installer, which was a mere 43. I can't imagine how long the XML for Soul Gems Differ is going to be...[/quote']

I'd rather the SGD be written in C# (by someone that knows fomod C# scripting and uses NMM regularly for testing).

If anyone wants to take a crack at bundling the BAIN with the fomod for Dual Sheath Redux using C#, I think it might be possible. Otherwise, Neo can just create the bundled fomod, and we can host a BCF with wizard for WB users.

I'd rather the SGD be written in C# (by someone that knows fomod C# scripting and uses NMM regularly for testing).

I've programmed C# before, so this would be a good field for me. I also have access to Mod Organizer, which I can use to test the installer.

If anyone wants to take a crack at bundling the BAIN with the fomod for Dual Sheath Redux using C#, I think it might be possible. Otherwise, Neo can just create the bundled fomod, and we can host a BCF with wizard for WB users.

You meant Soul Gems Differ, right? Dual Sheath would be much simpler to make a BAIN/FOMOD combo for.

I've programmed C# before' date=' so this would be a good field for me. I also have access to Mod Organizer, which I can use to test the installer.

If anyone wants to take a crack at bundling the BAIN with the fomod for Dual Sheath Redux using C#' date=' I think it might be possible. Otherwise, Neo can just create the bundled fomod, and we can host a BCF with wizard for WB users.[/quote']

You meant Soul Gems Differ, right? Dual Sheath would be much simpler to make a BAIN/FOMOD combo for.

That would be awesome and much appreciated ... credit to you on the thread and here if you do ;)

I meant for Neo's mod, since he asked for a simble, bundled package fit for all users (but I suppose this would be an elegant solution for SGD as well :thumbsup: )

Other than the stuff currently marked as testing, there's a few other mods that warrent attention:

(...)

Animated Dwemer Lift Doors - Minor change, appears to work great. Never tried it, but it's quite popular.

Looks that there's been some testing going on, plus Neo confirms compatibility - can this be moved to [TESTING]?

Lots'o good suggestions, guys. Thanks.

Hopefully Farlo will step in to help manage this release, as I am swamped with RL and just trying to keep my own game up to date. Aside from that, we will soon be revamping our server, and I also want to add more automation and functionality to the wiki to incorporate mod-testing functionality, parse out STEP by performance category, add Packs, and incorporate Skyrim Revisited in some way to name a few.

I will keep schedule, but there may be very few additions this iteration unless we get more helmsmen to help manage the new additions and keep vigilant on the community to provide the necessary mod testing data. Depending on availability, We may even need to relax the current update schedule from biweekly to 3-4 weeks.

Touch and go, but keep the suggestions coming anyway ;)

My finals are next week, and after that I'll basically be free for the summer.  I agree that perhaps 2 weeks was a bit ambitious given our number of active contributors and 3-4 weeks (plus hotfixes and whatnot) would be a better idea.  It'll take me a bit to get my game up to date and get back into the swing of things, but I'll be back soon :P