File not found textures\landscape\gkbbranch1.dds.dds

SolomonStone

Question

Hi, I am not computer savy and i used to be able to easily create LOD's with texgen and dyndolod, but now the textures never load properly (like i will have the tree lod locations loaded, but horrible vanilla texture files)  How do i stop this error? 

Error Log:

Error: File not found textures\landscape\gkbbranch1.dds.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\mangrovereachtree0gkb2.nif ShumerWorld.esm AAMango02 [TREE:0B0AE31F]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\gkbbranch1.dds.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\mangrovereachtree0gkb2.nif ShumerWorld.esm AAMango02 [TREE:0B0AE31F]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\gkbbranch1.dds.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\reachtree0gkb1.nif ShumerWorld.esm AAReach01 [TREE:0B0AE31B]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\gkbbranch1.dds.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\reachtree0gkb1.nif ShumerWorld.esm AAReach01 [TREE:0B0AE31B]

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, SolomonStone said:

Hi, I am not computer savy and i used to be able to easily create LOD's with texgen and dyndolod, but now the textures never load properly (like i will have the tree lod locations loaded, but horrible vanilla texture files)  How do i stop this error? 

Error Log:

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which TexGen log and debug log to upload when making posts.
in case of problems in the game, also upload the DynDOLOD log and debug log and see https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to make useful screenshots of the full model with more informative console in addition to screenshots of the LOD model.

See https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures for further explanations and help with the file not found message.
This is a file not found error, which is attributed to tree meshes used by ShumerWorld.esm, which I believe is from the mod Shumer and the Fall of Allagard SSE.
In case a texture is not found while running TexGen, it will be substituted with the default diffuse (full red color) for *.DDS or the default normal map (flat surface) for *_n.DDS automatically. The first should be very obvious in case the generated object LOD texture or LOD billboard is used in the game and typically needs to be fixed. The flat normal map substitute means the surface of the object will be flat, which might not be a very visible problem if at all. If a model and reference is reported, use the preview buttons for the tree/grass LOD billboards to check the render result.

The texture filename is obviously a typo with the *.dds.dds. It can be fixed by editing the NIF with NifSkope and updating the texture path.
The mod DynDOLOD TexGen Fixes (Summerset Isle-Gray Cowl-Beyond Reach-Midwood Isle-ELFX) linked at the bottom of https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures contains a fixed version of mangrovereachtree0gkb2.nif but not reachtree0gkb1.nif it seems.

See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Billboard-tree-LOD-does-not-match-close-up-full-model-trees in case the LOD for a tree does not match the full model.

1 hour ago, SolomonStone said:

Error Log:

Moved to the proper forum.

Please provide actual logs as described in the posting guidelines