v2.2.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

This just changes the tile that appears into the executables dropdown to something a bit cleaner and is cosmetic. The title can be anything you want, but we suggest using "xLODGen64" so it clearly represents the name of the executable this runs.

50 minutes ago, AkiK said:

Is this step necessary or just cosmetic?

Is this like FNIS where it needs to be done when certain changes are made or is it a one time run?

I moved your posts to the appropriate forum topic.

Please confirm that you read the following (taken from the System Setup Guide) and are posting on that topic, because you don't understand the xLODGen OP:

image.png

... if so, did you complete #2-3?

Did you continue reading the guide and, in particular, this section?

image.png

Admittedly, we do not explain xLODGen much and defer to the OP instead. This reduces the maintenance burden of regurgitating facts about third-party tools as these tools evolve. That said, if you follow the instructions, you should have no issues.

If your goal is to better understand what xLODGen is and what it does ... AND you are not having any problems following the guide (even though you don't understand a lot of it), then you will likely be disappointed by the answers you will get on the xLODGen forum topic. Sheson will just link to the documentation, which is quite technical.

17 hours ago, z929669 said:

I moved your posts to the appropriate forum topic.

Please confirm that you read the following (taken from the System Setup Guide) and are posting on that topic, because you don't understand the xLODGen OP:

image.png

... if so, did you complete #2-3?

Yes I think so. I do the same for xLODGen? Or just xEdit?

6 hours ago, AkiK said:

Yes I think so. I do the same for xLODGen? Or just xEdit?

Look at the images I posted. Also see the System Setup Guide. All of this exists in the Step SyrimSE 2.2.0 guide. Use the Tools Setup instructions and the table for reference (as in the second image I posted).

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

Getting a CTD on start up using Step Patch - Lighting and weather. Upon CTD, all of Step Mod's Mods disable, and it's just those mods/patches, nothing else. If I untick L&W I can launch the game.

Step says to have it if we're using the L&W mod group which I am.

I don't know what it is I'm doing wrong, but I followed all of the steps. I could use some help with this.

It sounds as if you may be missing a mod required by the L&W patch.  Look through the plugin list in the right pane to see if any plugins have a red triangle icon. This indicates a missing master and you can hover over the plugin name to see a tip that shows which masters are missing.

20 hours ago, Greg said:

It sounds as if you may be missing a mod required by the L&W patch.  Look through the plugin list in the right pane to see if any plugins have a red triangle icon. This indicates a missing master and you can hover over the plugin name to see a tip that shows which masters are missing.

I'm... Special. The HUGE RED BOX stating that I need all of the CC mods would explain my issue. I don't have ANY of those. I'm going to remove all of the mods that have anything to do with those, install a few of my other staple mods like Folkvangr and all of JK's mods, and try again.

6 hours ago, RUUUNNN_AWAYYY said:

I'm... Special. The HUGE RED BOX stating that I need all of the CC mods would explain my issue. I don't have ANY of those. I'm going to remove all of the mods that have anything to do with those, install a few of my other staple mods like Folkvangr and all of JK's mods, and try again.

This doesn't make any sense if you are following our guide. This is the feedback topic for the Step SSE guide.

• 3 weeks later...

I received an error message when running DynDoLOD and I followed the STEP guides instructions for cleaning vanilla masters.

There appears to be an issue with the latest version of LOOT and Skyrim. LOOT doesn't identify that Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm & Hearthfire.esm need cleaning.

It maybe worth updating the STEP guide to reflect this.

image.thumb.png.d15375673e316456069a0b53363bf25b.png

6 hours ago, MightyCrow said:

I received an error message when running DynDoLOD and I followed the STEP guides instructions for cleaning vanilla masters.

There appears to be an issue with the latest version of LOOT and Skyrim. LOOT doesn't identify that Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm & Hearthfire.esm need cleaning.

It maybe worth updating the STEP guide to reflect this.

image.thumb.png.d15375673e316456069a0b53363bf25b.png

Clean Update.esm then. I have confirmed that Update.esm has both ITMs and UDRs. Some of the others may also have them. LOOT probably needs an update to reflect the state of the latest game files.

We will update the instructions with the next guide version. It will take a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Some feedback / bug reports for this guide:

Sometimes SKSE will fail to load and will display the loading symbol infinitely on the main menu. When going into the game, it is clear that SKSE plugins are not loaded / loaded properly and weird things start to happen. Rebooting the game sometimes fixes this, it sometimes requires multiple re-boots.

ENB will always compile its shaders when running the game. Adds approx 20 seconds to the load time.

I sometimes get a CTD when loading a Quick Save.

Performance can vary wildly, seemingly dependant on the season and weather. I was getting 40 plus fps for most of the game, then the seasons changed and I was struggling to maintain 30 outdoors. When I did the initial performance test I was getting 100+ fps. I am using Medium INI settings, with standard LOD settings (no grass). I am using milk drinker ENB. My graphics card is GTX 1060 Mobile. My CPU is i7-6700HQ. 16GB RAM. 1080p resolution.

Complete Crafting Overhaul does not fully integrate Creation Content. E.g. backpacks cannot be broken down, filters do not display for Alternative Armours such as leather scout armour. These armours cannot be broken down. Crossbows / crossbow bolts cannot be broken down. There are mods that fix this while also adding the items to the levelled lists. See Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com) a few posts down.

Cooking menu is very cluttered. There are mods that fix that and add filters such as vegetable, meat etc. Cooking Categories Improvement (Constructible Object Custom Keyword System - Fixes) at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

There are mods that add lore friendly descriptions for all items. Could these be considered for a future release? Description Framework at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

2 hours ago, MightyCrow said:

Some feedback / bug reports for this guide:

Sometimes SKSE will fail to load and will display the loading symbol infinitely on the main menu. When going into the game, it is clear that SKSE plugins are not loaded / loaded properly and weird things start to happen. Rebooting the game sometimes fixes this, it sometimes requires multiple re-boots.

ENB will always compile its shaders when running the game. Adds approx 20 seconds to the load time.

Performance can vary wildly, seemingly dependant on the season and weather. I was getting 40 plus fps for most of the game, then the seasons changed and I was struggling to maintain 30 outdoors. When I did the initial performance test I was getting 100+ fps. I am using Medium INI settings, with standard LOD settings (no grass). I am using milk drinker ENB. My graphics card is GTX 1060 Mobile. My CPU is i7-6700HQ. 16GB RAM. 1080p resolution.

Complete Crafting Overhaul does not fully integrate Creation Content. E.g. backpacks cannot be broken down, filters do not display for Alternative Armours such as leather scout armour. These armours cannot be broken down. Crossbows / crossbow bolts cannot be broken down. There are mods that fix this while also adding the items to the levelled lists. See Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com) a few posts down.

Cooking menu is very cluttered. There are mods that fix that and add filters such as vegetable, meat etc. Cooking Categories Improvement (Constructible Object Custom Keyword System - Fixes) at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

There are mods that add lore friendly descriptions for all items. Could these be considered for a future release? Description Framework at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

The Step SSE guide doesn't incorporate any seasonal mods, so seasonal performance variation seems n/a.

I will look at adding better CCOR and CACO compatibility with CC content and other mods once I get to that point in the new patches. It's a ton of work to be done with all the vanilla-update changes and variable new-vanilla support from third-party mods.

Your CTDs probably reflect issues with the patches and new conflicts (always test on a new game rather than a savegame from a previous build).

Most existing mods (even updated ones) aren't completely accounting for 1.6.1170 vanilla and UP changes ... even some of the mods maintained by our staff.

9 hours ago, MightyCrow said:

You can set RegularQuicksaves = true in EngineFixes.toml.

About SKSE not loading I have no idea. I use Root Builder in my setup and it aways loads everything without problem.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, z929669 said:

The Step SSE guide doesn't incorporate any seasonal mods, so seasonal performance variation seems n/a.

I will look at adding better CCOR and CACO compatibility with CC content and other mods once I get to that point in the new patches. It's a ton of work to be done with all the vanilla-update changes and variable new-vanilla support from third-party mods.

Your CTDs probably reflect issues with the patches and new conflicts (always test on a new game rather than a savegame from a previous build).

Most existing mods (even updated ones) aren't completely accounting for 1.6.1170 vanilla and UP changes ... even some of the mods maintained by our staff.

Ah ok my bad, maybe it was the changing weather?

That would be good, thank you. I appreciate all the work thats involved.

I have been using the full STEP guide from the off and have not changed my mods apart from I was using the Backported ESL Support mod which I have now removed as per the updated instructions. I also went from L&W to L&W + PP. I have always been using the latest runtime 1.6.1170. 

9 hours ago, easyrider1988 said:

You can set RegularQuicksaves = true in EngineFixes.toml.

About SKSE not loading I have no idea. I use Root Builder in my setup and it aways loads everything without problem.

Thanks I will see if I get anymore issues after disabling Backported ESL Support, if I do I will definitely try that fix.

Maybe the Backported ESL Support mod could have been causing my SKSE issues? I will see if it happens again.

I will look into Root Builder as I have not heard of that. 

One more thing, candles really tank the FPS. I’m assuming this is an ENB effect? If there is a way to gain some FPS back that would be appreciated. Typical scenario is to go to halls of the dead in Whiterun and look at the candles up close. I lose maybe 20 fps.