DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

Sheson, any chance you could tell me what code 194 means - just so I can figure out my problem is with Dyndolod 3.0?

Zero chance. I suggest to carefully read the messages and logs you have not provided.

Edited by sheson

Ok. As first, hello, i will give you my first born, and gladly, you deserve that more than anybody if i manage to pull out this grass Lod generation thing you got out. 

Tex gen and DynDOLOD work fine, and do their stuff like usually, slow on my 6 core i5 8600k. 

Generated textures and lods, at high works, as always. 

I followed all the instructions for grass lod generation, and since this morning im trying to finish this precache thing. I just need some guidelines.

Instal nograss mod, place the .py file in the grass folder. Set the values in config files of grass and dyndolod inis.

Run the script 

Wait for it to finish, take the files from Overwrite folder make a mod from it. Place in load order.

Go texgen and place the textures in the load order, then go Dyndolod, place the output in the load order. 

How long does this thing take for Christ sake xd. 

Does the number of additional world spaces( like bruma, wyrmstooth, solstheim, grey cowl, moonpath, arnima) impact the length of that precache generation, and are there options for trimming down the time for the said process. Do multiple grass mods, and grass and ugrids .ini settings impact the time of the cache generation. Is it normal to get the crash reports from every crash in the overwrite folder in netscript subfolder, when the message in MO says the game will chrash till this process is done. Does this process require more cpu umpf. 

I have read almost the entire topic word for word, and because its a new feature found little info. 

Ok. As first, hello, i will give you my first born, and gladly, you deserve that more than anybody if i manage to pull out this grass Lod generation thing you got out. 

Tex gen and DynDOLOD work fine, and do their stuff like usually, slow on my 6 core i5 8600k. 

Generated textures and lods, at high works, as always. 

I followed all the instructions for grass lod generation, and since this morning im trying to finish this precache thing. I just need some guidelines.

Instal nograss mod, place the .py file in the grass folder. Set the values in config files of grass and dyndolod inis.

Run the script 

Wait for it to finish, take the files from Overwrite folder make a mod from it. Place in load order.

Go texgen and place the textures in the load order, then go Dyndolod, place the output in the load order. 

How long does this thing take for Christ sake xd. 

Does the number of additional world spaces( like bruma, wyrmstooth, solstheim, grey cowl, moonpath, arnima) impact the length of that precache generation, and are there options for trimming down the time for the said process. Do multiple grass mods, and grass and ugrids .ini settings impact the time of the cache generation. Is it normal to get the crash reports from every crash in the overwrite folder in netscript subfolder, when the message in MO says the game will chrash till this process is done. Does this process require more cpu umpf. 

I have read almost the entire topic word for word, and because its a new feature found little info. 

I am not quite sure what the questions related to TexGen/DynDOLOD are?

Questions about No Grass In Objects and the grass cache generation should be asked at No Grass In Objects

DyndoLOD Alpha High Settings, with grass density of 75, Base Vanilla game. Terrain with xLODGen.

Flawless run, I did get some minor stutter especially at beginning, probably when cells or maybe LOD/grass was loading...? I don't know it's hard to tell, I didn't have those micro stutering without the grass LOD, but I was also running at x6 speed so that may be why.

Later in the run when I slowed I didn't notice the stuters anymore, so maybe I was just going too fast.

Screen-Shot38.png

Screen-Shot39.png

Screen-Shot40.png

Edited by blessedmilkyway

Just tried to generate tree, grass and DynDOLOD, but encountered an error for each world.

Logs have this to say - Output: E:\Загрузки\Modding\Software\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects\
Generating object LOD meshes for worldspace Tamriel
Reading E:\Загрузки\Modding\Software\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Terrain_Tamriel.bin
E:\Загрузки\Modding\Software\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Terrain_Tamriel.bin not found!

The .bin files that ''can't be found'' are there, I checked. I'm using the latest versions of standalone and resources. Tried to disable AntiVirus, updated Visual Studio thingy, but no help.

The wierd simbols in the path are path letters in Russian on my system, that's why they're scribbled. Maybe that's the problem, but on the older versions I never had these problems.

Just tried to generate tree, grass and DynDOLOD, but encountered an error for each world.

Logs have this to say - Output: E:\Загрузки\Modding\Software\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects\

Generating object LOD meshes for worldspace Tamriel

Reading E:\Загрузки\Modding\Software\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Terrain_Tamriel.bin

E:\Загрузки\Modding\Software\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Terrain_Tamriel.bin not found!

The .bin files that ''can't be found'' are there, I checked. I'm using the latest versions of standalone and resources. Tried to disable AntiVirus, updated Visual Studio thingy, but no help.

The wierd simbols in the path are path letters in Russian on my system, that's why they're scribbled. Maybe that's the problem, but on the older versions I never had these problems.

Obviously test with a path that only uses ASCII characters. Otherwise t is the OS or other third party crapware that blocks access to files.

Howza!

I'm taking the new stuff for a spin - it looks sweet.

When it comes to generating billboards, what's with the difference between "Tree" and "HD Tree"? Literacy has never been my strong suite, but I haven't found anything about it.

For the time being, I've decided that since more is muchlier, I'd just check both ...

@kojak747, I assume that you are using Myrkvior for your trees.  Should we use the settings on the description page or different settings for DynDOLOD 3.0?  Thanks.

Zanderat, yep, using Myrkvior and I'm still experimenting (running DynDOLOD about 10 times a day) and still to decide on optimal settings and waiting for the Alpha to hit beta before changing up that install guide for DynDOLOD 3, but i will get to it soon enough.  In the meantime, the existing settings are fine for DynDOLOD 2.x

Edited by kojak747

Howza!

I'm taking the new stuff for a spin - it looks sweet.

When it comes to generating billboards, what's with the difference between "Tree" and "HD Tree"? Literacy has never been my strong suite, but I haven't found anything about it.

For the time being, I've decided that since more is muchlier, I'd just check both ...

Hover the mouse pointer over the check boxes for hints explaining what the options do.

Clicking on the "Help" button opens ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\TexGen.html which explains:

Tree billboards are required for standard Tree LOD generation or ultra tree LOD generation.

HD Tree billboards are for the optional ultra tree LOD generation.

Also may want to read ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Billboards.html

So if ultra tree LOD is not generated there is no point to generate HD Tree LOD billboards.