DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

To generate the grass cache No Grass in Objects is required to be installed. For Grass LOD to match the grass in loaded cells, No Grass in Objects should be used with OnlyLoadFromCache=True. This is already explained in the second post.

If there are any mods/plugin that modify grass, they need to be active through the cache and grass LOD generation processes.

A mod/plugin modifying grass is not in any way or shape comparable/redundant with the No Grass in Objects SKSE plugin or generating grass LOD billboards in object LOD level 4.

Thank you, better to ask than to be sorry. Happy new year!

When I try and run DynDOLOD for grass LODs it takes a long time. At the moment it's been over an hour and I'm still genning Level 4.

Is this normal for grass LODs or is there something going wrong?

UPDATE: Was still genning at 10:40 so I canceled it and now I'm genning without grass LODs.

post-13568-0-99634200-1609644410_thumb.png

post-13568-0-86218100-1609644414_thumb.png

Edited by PierreDespereaux

When I try and run DynDOLOD for grass LODs it takes a long time. At the moment it's been over an hour and I'm still genning Level 4.

Is this normal for grass LODs or is there something going wrong?

UPDATE: Was still genning at 10:40 so I canceled it and now I'm genning without grass LODs.

Not quite sure what posting screenshots of file times is supposed to show.

That depends on grass mods, grass density settings and how long generating the grass cache took. Generating several million grass billboards takes its extra time. It also depends on available CPU cores and speed and memory.

Hover the mouse pointer over the check boxes for hints explaining what the options do.

Clicking on the "Help" button opens ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\TexGen.html which explains:

Tree billboards are required for standard Tree LOD generation or ultra tree LOD generation.

HD Tree billboards are for the optional ultra tree LOD generation.

Also may want to read ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Billboards.html

So if ultra tree LOD is not generated there is no point to generate HD Tree LOD billboards.

Got it, thanks!

Hello again, I'm trying to use DynDOLOD 3.00 (Alpha 14) to generate LOD for my game and I keep running into this error: "LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds." It seems to run into the error when trying to generate object LOD for the Tamriel worldspace. I've searched all over but can't find anyone else who has encountered this error. Any ideas what might be causing the problem? Here's a picture of the error message. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

Hello again, I'm trying to use DynDOLOD 3.00 (Alpha 14) to generate LOD for my game and I keep running into this error: "LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds." It seems to run into the error when trying to generate object LOD for the Tamriel worldspace. I've searched all over but can't find anyone else who has encountered this error. Any ideas what might be causing the problem? Here's a picture of the error message. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

Follow the instructions of the message.

Is there anyway to increase the density of the LOD grass? I feel that it does not match the density of the actual grass.

If No Grass In Object is using the same grass cache files that were used for generating grass LOD, then each grass placement is represented by a billboard.

However, a billboard has to exist for each grass type, too.

Hello, I'm getting this error:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error building references: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 10872) Dragonborn.esm DLC02VolcanicAshRocks01 [GRAS:0401771E]

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Only happens when trying to generate grass LOD. I do have No Grass In Objects pre-cached. Here's the log files

Not sure what is going on here, with alpha 14.

[19:36] <Error: LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for SkuldafnWorld. LODGenx64.exe returned E0434352. Check C:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_SkuldafnWorld_log.txt>

But the log doesn't show any apparent error.

============================================================
Skyrim Object LOD Generator 3.0.0.0
Created by Ehamloptiran and Zilav
Updated by Sheson

Log started at 12:12:31 PM
Game Mode: SSE
Fix Tangents: False, False, False, False
Generate Tangents: True, True, True, True
Generate Vertex Colors: True, True, True, True
Merge Vertex Colors: True, True, True, True
Merge Meshes: True
Grouping: False
Remove Faces under Terrain: True
Remove Faces under Water: True
Remove Faces Z-Shift: 10
Use HD Flag: True
Ignore Materials: False
Alpha DoubleSided: False
Default Alpha Threshold: 128
Use Source Alpha Threshold: False
Use Backlight Power: False
Use Decal Flag: False
Specific level: No
Specific quad: No
Max Level: 32
Output: C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Meshes\Terrain\SkuldafnWorld\Objects\
Using UV Atlas: C:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Object_Atlas_Map_SkuldafnWorld.txt
Using Flat Textures: C:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Flat_Textures.txt
Using Alt Textures: C:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Alt_Textures_SkuldafnWorld.txt
Generating object LOD meshes for worldspace SkuldafnWorld
Reading C:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Terrain_SkuldafnWorld.bin
Finished LOD level 4 coord [52, -13] [2336/2240]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [44, -21] [911/625]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [52, -17] [1640/879]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [48, -17] [5618/3631]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [40, -17] [2484/2021]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [40, -9] [1755/1339]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [44, -17] [2302/1666]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [52, -9] [2901/2060]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [52, -21] [2057/1056]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [48, -21] [2484/1682]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [56, -9] [2774/1853]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [40, -13] [8819/7891]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [44, -9] [6355/3739]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [44, -13] [22617/15742]
Finished LOD level 8 coord [56, -13] [1918/1256]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [48, -9] [23968/16731]
Finished LOD level 8 coord [48, -5] [573/500]
Finished LOD level 8 coord [40, -5] [1121/629]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [40, -5] [2057/1291]
Finished LOD level 8 coord [48, -21] [6933/3763]
Finished LOD level 4 coord [52, -5] [834/728]
Finished LOD level 8 coord [40, -21] [3940/2964]
Finished LOD level 16 coord [48, -5] [348/312]
Finished LOD level 8 coord [40, -13] [15075/8579]
Finished LOD level 16 coord [32, -21] [9451/6199]
Finished LOD level 16 coord [32, -5] [693/412]
Finished LOD level 16 coord [48, -21] [20626/13284]
Finished LOD level 8 coord [48, -13] [50222/31640]

Not sure what is going on here, with alpha 14.

But the log doesn't show any apparent error.

Most likely the same as https://forum.step-project.com/topic/15348-dyndolod-300-alpha-14/page-14?do=findComment&comment=244170

If you check the LODGen command prompt windows they probably said something along the line like this https://pastebin.com/z9eCFtLM

Hello, I'm getting this error:

[Window Title]

DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]

Error building references: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 10872) Dragonborn.esm DLC02VolcanicAshRocks01 [GRAS:0401771E]

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]

DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Only happens when trying to generate grass LOD. I do have No Grass In Objects pre-cached. Here's the log files

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xpczvcxobxqzx0d/Logs.rar?dl=0

Test without Bashed Patch. If that works, the bashed Patch is broken. Delete the broken patch and generate a new one with the latest Wrye Bash version.

If that is not it, check which plugins overwrite the mentioned GRAS record. Remove the highest overwriting plugin and test without it. If that works, fix whatever the error is in the plugin or remove it permanently.

Test without Bashed Patch. If that works, the bashed Patch is broken. Delete the broken patch and generate a new one with the latest Wrye Bash version.

If that is not it, check which plugins overwrite the mentioned GRAS record. Remove the highest overwriting plugin and test without it. If that works, fix whatever the error is in the plugin or remove it permanently.

Tried it without Bashed Patch, didn't make a difference. Nothing is overwriting, or even referencing that grass record. Seems like something is wrong with the mesh or texture

Edited by ls2255

Follow the instructions of the message.

Thank you. I misread the message initially and was looking at the wrong log, my bad. The error had something to do with one of the .cgid files, so I re-ran the grass pre-cache and now DynDOLOD is running smoothly again. Thanks again!

Tried it without Bashed Patch, didn't make a difference. Nothing is overwriting, or even referencing that grass record. Seems like something is wrong with the mesh or texture

Asserts mean there is a problem with the data in the plugin. Does the error repeat every time?

Error check the load order with xEdit.