DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

Definitely something odd about the falmer valley, I just redid LodGen with no grass and it ran out of memory (all 32 gb) when generating Occlusion for the valley...

Logs and bugreport: https://mega.nz/file/ogkFiCbS#RAxr2Tt7YVNPo_XgPMVcuWb_mcdSHACuBm29mzUZpZE

I wonder if it has some issue with Dawnguard Map Markers?

Edited by DarthVitrial

Definitely something odd about the falmer valley, I just redid LodGen with no grass and it ran out of memory (all 32 gb) when generating Occlusion for the valley...

Logs and bugreport: https://mega.nz/file/ogkFiCbS#RAxr2Tt7YVNPo_XgPMVcuWb_mcdSHACuBm29mzUZpZE

I wonder if it has some issue with Dawnguard Map Markers?

Any idea what the memory usage was before it got to that? I also seem to remember it is fine if you only select the worldspace by itself.

Any idea what the memory usage was before it got to that? I also seem to remember it is fine if you only select the worldspace by itself.

about 14GB.

Also, I just tried it once more, with all Dawnguard stuff unchecked, and...TexConv crashed with "error 0xc000012d". Also ended up with an 85 GB paging file again. (It starts at like 12 gb, then I run dyndolod and it spikes to 80+, maybe grass related this time? It seems like there are multiple different issues happening here.)

Logs: https://mega.nz/file/EosQlYQR#i3_1I7w69e13fc4PEOxhZujY1TYtip19N9vsnU92qHs

Edited by DarthVitrial

about 14GB.

Also, I just tried it once more, with all Dawnguard stuff unchecked, and...TexConv crashed with "error 0xc000012d". Also ended up with an 85 GB paging file again. (It starts at like 12 gb, then I run dyndolod and it spikes to 80+, maybe grass related this time? It seems like there are multiple different issues happening here.)

Logs: https://mega.nz/file/EosQlYQR#i3_1I7w69e13fc4PEOxhZujY1TYtip19N9vsnU92qHs

What happens when you run it with the -memory command line argument?

Can you  pinpoint if the memory grows slowly over time or if it is spiking just at one specific worldspace/operation?

Edited by sheson

What happens when you run it with the -memory command line argument?

Can you  pinpoint if the memory grows slowly over time or if it is spiking just at one specific worldspace/operation?

It did seem to keep gradually growing over time, especially with the Tamriel world space, though I do feel like it spiked a bit with the Beyond Reach worldspaces.

I don’t really want to try with -memory yet, I’m concerned that the repeated runs, especially when they cause such extreme memory spikes that I end up with an 85GB paging file, are putting a lot of wear on my SSD.

Hi Sheson,

I have troubles with the newest alpha, wanted to give you feedback. Troubles occur since switching from "ressources 3.00 alpha 2" to "ressources 3.00 alpha 3" and simoultaneously switching from alpha 12 to alpha 14.

In my first run, it failed completly, saying "Errors were found in IceShader01". See attached logs (mega-link). These are all the logs that were generated. It also threw out a "bugreport"-log what it doesn't do usually AFAIK. Maybe this bug was a one-time coincidence and doesnt correlate with the new alpha, I dont know... You will have the answer

I then tried to run DynDOLOD again, this time it went through, but it couldn't generate object lod for the dlc01 areas. ("..<Error: LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC01FalmerValley" ..... same for DLC01SoulCairn). See attached logs again (mega-link). Since this time all the logs were created and I have no clue which ones are important, I just uploaded them all. Hope you don't mind and look into the one you need.

Hope this helps you!!

Best Regards 

Edited by Dammal19

Hi Sheson,

I have troubles with the newest alpha, wanted to give you feedback. Troubles occur since switching from "ressources 3.00 alpha 2" to "ressources 3.00 alpha 3" and simoultaneously switching from alpha 12 to alpha 14.

In my first run, it failed completly, saying "Errors were found in IceShader01". See attached logs (mega-link). These are all the logs that were generated. It also threw out a "bugreport"-log what it doesn't do usually AFAIK. Maybe this bug was a one-time coincidence and doesnt correlate with the new alpha, I dont know... You will have the answer

I then tried to run DynDOLOD again, this time it went through, but it couldn't generate object lod for the dlc01 areas. ("..mega-link). Since this time all the logs were created and I have no clue which ones are important, I just uploaded them all. Hope you don't mind and look into the one you need.

Hope this helps you!!

Best Regards 

If you look up the mentioned IceShader01 [MATO:0002BD1D] in xEdit you see anything out of the ordinary? Like What plugins are overwriting it?

The second error looks like the one I posted about right above your comment. If you check the LODGen command prompt windows they probably said something along the line like this https://pastebin.com/z9eCFtLM

Edited by sheson

Quick question. Is using DynDOLOD alpha 14 grass generation from "No grass in objects" redundant with "Grass FPS Booster"

I mean I have these options. 

1. Install both "No grass in objects" and "Grass FPS Booster" in MO2.

2. "Grass FPS Booster" before "No grass in objects".

3. Activate them.

4. Generate the grass with the MO2 plugin.

5. Generate the LOD using the steps in the first and second post. 

6. Play the game with both "No grass in objects" and "Grass FPS Booster" activated.

or 

1. Install "Grass FPS Booster" in MO2. 

2. Activate it.

6. Play the game with "No grass in objects" activated.

Thank you

Regarding the first error..   I already looked up the IceShader01 in xEdit prior to posting here, there was no entry for it despite Skyrim.esm and Update.esm. That is why I have the suspicion it was a weird coincidence, the second time DynDOLOD completed after all, and I never had an error like this (giving a bug report) before. I ran DynDOLOD a third, fourth and fifth time today for testing. Error did not occur anymore.

Regarding the second error.. sorry did not read it was already reported above me. From my 3d, 4th, and 5th test run I can tell you that the error is inconsistent: In my second run yesterday, FalmerValley and SoulCairn did fail. 3d run, everything worked perfectly. 4th run, only DLC01SoulCairn failed to generate object LOD. 5th run, likewise just DLC01SoulCairn failed. Didn't change a thing in my load order during all those runs.

If you check the LODGen command prompt windows they probably said something along the line like this https://pastebin.com/z9eCFtLM

I am sorry, I actively tried to look at the command prompts opening for object lod generation as soon as they popped up for the corresponding DLC01 worlds during DynDOLOD generation, but they close too fast, cannot see if something like this is written in there. In any of my logs, I cannot find such text, but as I understand it you really just mean the command prompt windows itself. 

I attach you the LODGen_SSE_DLC01SoulCairn_log.txt of the 5th run, where object LOD generation for that world failed. I don't know if its useful for you now, I do it anyways.

Please let me know if you want me to try anything else.

@Stefan

No. Grass FPS Booster is a meme mod that just takes the esp from other grass mods and edits some values for density distribution of grass meshes. You want to use "No grass in objects" for the fixes it makes to grass growing through objects. You only need to "generate grass" (I think you mean the grass cache feature of No Grass in Objects) if you intend to use features of No Grass in Objects (or optionally from DynDOLOD) to let grass draw beyond the uGrids cell border. No grass in Objects does this by letting grass simply draw further, DynDOLOD creates object LOD for the grasses. 

Edited by Dammal19

Guys, given that there are now three 'max tile size' settings (LOD, full, and billboard) in texgen and dyndolod where at the time of the STEP guide was only one, which new values for LOD, full, and billboard max tile size would you suggest to match the guide's previous recommended settings?

@Stefan

No. Grass FPS Booster is a meme mod that just takes the esp from other grass mods and edits some values for density distribution of grass meshes. You want to use "No grass in objects" for the fixes it makes to grass growing through objects. You only need to "generate grass" (I think you mean the grass cache feature of No Grass in Objects) if you intend to use features of No Grass in Objects (or optionally from DynDOLOD) to let grass draw beyond the uGrids cell border. No grass in Objects does this by letting grass simply draw further, DynDOLOD creates object LOD for the grasses. 

Thank you.

Quick question. Is using DynDOLOD alpha 14 grass generation from "No grass in objects" redundant with "Grass FPS Booster"

I mean I have these options. 

1. Install both "No grass in objects" and "Grass FPS Booster" in MO2.

2. "Grass FPS Booster" before "No grass in objects".

3. Activate them.

6. Play the game with both "No grass in objects" and "Grass FPS Booster" activated.

or 

1. Install "Grass FPS Booster" in MO2. 

2. Activate it.

6. Play the game with "No grass in objects" activated.

Thank you

To generate the grass cache No Grass in Objects is required to be installed. For Grass LOD to match the grass in loaded cells, No Grass in Objects should be used with OnlyLoadFromCache=True. This is already explained in the second post.

If there are any mods/plugin that modify grass, they need to be active through the cache and grass LOD generation processes.

A mod/plugin modifying grass is not in any way or shape comparable/redundant with the No Grass in Objects SKSE plugin or generating grass LOD billboards in object LOD level 4.

Guys, given that there are now three 'max tile size' settings (LOD, full, and billboard) in texgen and dyndolod where at the time of the STEP guide was only one, which new values for LOD, full, and billboard max tile size would you suggest to match the guide's previous recommended settings?

This is DynDOLOD 3 Alpha. You are supposed to test these things.

Use the defaults. Read the contextual Help, especially the explanations about the billboards settings.