Nemesis Unlimited Behavior Engine (by Shikyo Kira)

DoubleYou

Peoples, no plugin is being created.

LOOT states not to use both this and FNIS at the same time - could this be why there is no plugin being created?

EDIT: de-selected FNIS in left panel, Nemesis has thus created its own FNIS.esp - is this now correct? Never used either until this STEP guide im now testing in full...

Edited by NuroDragonfly
more info

45 minutes ago, NuroDragonfly said:

EDIT: de-selected FNIS in left panel, Nemesis has thus created its own FNIS.esp - is this now correct? Never used either until this STEP guide im now testing in full...

As you have just discovered: FNIS and Nemesis are mutually exclusive.

Don't try to mix the 1.0 and 2.0 guides into your own "1.5". Pick one and stick to it. They are each a complete and cohesive set, they're not meant to be mixed and matched.

Also: please try and stop addressing your readers as "peoples" in all your posts on this forum. It's about as annoying as being called "dudes". Perhaps English is not your first language. If you must use a name to call your readers, consider using the term "folks", which is friendlier. Thanks.

Sorry, it not meant as an insult, it how i speak in the real world if i dont know peoples real names...

And not being from the USA, using 'folks' has the same equivalency here in Australia...if that is what your referring too, as thats also a guess, but it is the only use i know of, as its not used in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, as far as im aware of...

Edited by NuroDragonfly

10 hours ago, NuroDragonfly said:

Sorry, it not meant as an insult, it how i speak in the real world if i dont know peoples real names...

And not being from the USA, using 'folks' has the same equivalency here in Australia...if that is what your referring too, as thats also a guess, but it is the only use i know of, as its not used in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, as far as im aware of...

Not to worry, it was not taken as an insult or an offense :) It's not as much the term 'peoples' itself that's grating, as the way it's used in a direct call: it comes off as a little "blunt". This is detrimental if you're seeking information or help, rather than just complaining loudly about something. Simply saying "Hi people, ..." for example would be more friendly and less intimidating.

As far as I know, 'folks' is about as common in British English as in American English.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

A genuine question: Can someone explain to me why we should use this abandoned, dead in the water, hot mess? Is it just for Ice Skating Fixed?

It hasn't been worked on/ updated for 2 years (except an update to the readme). The mod team don't respond to bug reports (besides claiming "User error"). I for one never got it to work properly and still use FNIS, which just works out of the box and is so much simpler to use. I have also never noticed any "ice skating".

18 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

A genuine question: Can someone explain to me why we should use this abandoned, dead in the water, hot mess? Is it just for Ice Skating Fixed?

It hasn't been worked on/ updated for 2 years (except an update to the readme). The mod team don't respond to bug reports (besides claiming "User error"). I for one never got it to work properly and still use FNIS, which just works out of the box and is so much simpler to use. I have also never noticed any "ice skating".

It works fine for me, but I really don't think we need it. It's mostly here for establishing a baseline setup for those that will add other animations onto Step and now for that one mod.

That said, I do think we should move back to FNIS if we ever consider adding in the badly-needed animations this game is lacking. I'd also be interested in using DAR and several of the mods it links from its Description.

These are a few animation mods we should consider at some point (not for 2.2.0 though, or we'll be waiting a while):