Hunters Not Bandits (by Raccoondance)

D1Z4STR

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

New update! Makes the plugin an ESL. Provides built in compatibility for several mods STEP uses. Also alters the Psijic order scene in Saarthal.

ESL. Hunters Not Bandits 4.0 for SE and AE.

Compatible with the Unofficial patches, Relationship Dialogue Overhaul and Guard Dialogue Overhaul.
Should be placed after those in your load order.

fixes the intro scene
to the Psijic order in Saarthal, so it
always plays out correctly.

Edited by Eliian

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Thanks for this. @z929669 did you review this? I just updated and fixed the install instructions for this one.

I have not ... that first one in the screens is n/a for the Step patches though.

I need to pull in @TechAngel85 on this, as I see many Dialog Topics that seem to be redundant in the CR patch. I am not privy to why they were originally added.

These are from a session with the full plugin LO ...

One example of several:

image.png

This one is just strange:

image.png

Maybe it's a relic from a dropped mod?

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

I have not ... that first one in the screens is n/a for the Step patches though.

I need to pull in @TechAngel85 on this, as I see many Dialog Topics that seem to be redundant in the CR patch. I am not privy to why they were originally added.

These are from a session with the full plugin LO ...

One example of several:

image.png

This one is just strange:

image.png

Maybe it's a relic from a dropped mod?

See, I believe the update made this mod more compatible, and these edits are likely not needed any longer. You should be able to see this more clearly perhaps if you load up the old Hunters Not Bandits 3.1 for RDO file we were using.

38 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

See, I believe the update made this mod more compatible, and these edits are likely not needed any longer. You should be able to see this more clearly perhaps if you load up the old Hunters Not Bandits 3.1 for RDO file we were using.

Yeah, I'm assuming that's the case and that loading the old version may illuminate some of this. But the second example is different. The CR patch removed all of those INOM/INOA INFOs, but they are included in all predecessors in the LO. This is the main question I had for Tech.

I'm inclined to remove all of the edits like the first example I posted. Those seem pretty clear. The second one is mysterious though, so I don't want to kill the fly with a sledgehammer.

You might consider installing both versions as separate mods, renaming one of the plugins and comparing the two in xEdit. You can also load just the old plugin in xEdit, right click and Compare To, then browse to the new version to compare the two.