XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended (by Team XPMSE)

TechAngel85

56 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

The interface and scripts folder are not used when the 'Racemenu + XPMS MCM' plugin is hidden. Only the meshes folder is used. This was discussed a long time ago in this or another topic when it was decided the plugin should be hidden.

The FOMOD option that is functionally identical to current STEP installation, minus all the crap that was installed but not used, is the 'Basic' option, i.e. only meshes folder (containing skeletons and animations).

Why force users to go through a byzantine array of FOMOD options to install stuff that is not used? Nothing will be missed by selecting 'Basic'. Make it simple for users to install and for you to support.

If users need extra features beyond 'Basic', they can always reinstall the mod and figure out which Extended options they need.

Yes, we did discuss a while back, and I agree. I was just noting the options that would yield the best approximation of what we had with 4.81 in case others wanted to chime in as you did. I haven't begun looking into OAR and other potential animation mods yet for the guide update, but I suspect we'll be using one of the Extended options at that time ... TBD.

For now, the wiki instructions are up to date with current guide build.

34 minutes ago, z929669 said:

in case others wanted to chime in as you did.

I already chimed in a while back, but that apparently went under the radar.

34 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I haven't begun looking into OAR and other potential animation mods yet for the guide update, but I suspect we'll be using one of the Extended options at that time ... TBD.

You'll be happily surprised that that most likely won't be needed, unless you pick a fancy animation or physics mod that goes way out of the STEP mandate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

I already chimed in a while back, but that apparently went under the radar.

You'll be happily surprised that that most likely won't be needed, unless you pick a fancy animation or physics mod that goes way out of the STEP mandate.

I had seen that, but then things changed and the plugin was also installed with the Basic option.

Then I looked on the Nexus posts and saw all of the user issues probably related to the complexity of mod dependencies of various XP32 options that now exist.

All good, so thanks for the input historically on this one.

This note on the wiki/guide no longer applies with the 'Basic' option, it should be removed:

NOTE: Since the weapon styles features aren't used in the guide, only the meshes are needed and not the plugin. This avoids constant and relatively inefficient triggering of the associated scripts to improve game performance in some situations and reduce associated save-game bloat. If you wish to use these, leave the plugin enabled.

Furthermore, unhiding the 'Basic' plugin wouldn't have the effect described in the note. As was discussed in earlier posts with @CorneliusC, the 'Basic' plugin is a trimmed down version of the 'Extended' plugin(s). It doesn't add any features, it only changes game settings. It should still be hidden, but for different reasons than those given in the note.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

This note on the wiki/guide no longer applies with the 'Basic' option, it should be removed:

Furthermore, unhiding the 'Basic' plugin wouldn't have the effect described in the note. As was discussed in earlier posts with @CorneliusC, the 'Basic' plugin is a trimmed down version of the 'Extended' plugin(s). It doesn't add any features, it only changes game settings. It should still be hidden, but for different reasons than those given in the note.

On 8/24/2023 at 9:27 AM, Mousetick said:

It was harmful in previous versions and required a bunch of fix patches that didn't completely solve all the troubles. In the new 5.0x version, choosing 'Basic' or 'Minimal' installation options still install an ESP plugin, but it's "harmless" in comparison. Whether it makes a positive difference vs. no plugin at all is open to debate. Unless you'd like to thoroughly test the behavior of ragdolls (and other possible side-effects) in-game with vs. without this plugin, and report your observations, it's recommended you don't use it.

See this earlier post for more details.

Quoted your take on that here for posterity.

I looked at the game settings changes and agree that the impact of using the plugin with those settings changes isn't understood by me ... my instinct is to defer to the XP32 folks that almost certainly understand the impact of these settings and seem to think they are universally applicable to the new versions of their skeleton meshes.

Whether or not it matters might be clear during gameplay without the plugin (physics/ragdoll wonkiness). I would use the plugin now in my own build, but I cannot offer any reasoning to do so other than what I've stated.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Mercury71 said:

A small update.

• Version 5.06

• (2024-02-11)
      Updated creature skeleton to ABC 3.10.

Don't ask me how I know, but this update is really only relevant if you use Animated Beast "dingdongs" from LoversLab.

Groovetama's message on it:

It is factoryclosed mod I just forward the changes to keep overwriting/compatibility issues at a minimum.

• Like 1