XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended (by Team XPMSE)

TechAngel85

The instructions that were on the 2.1.0 guide were misleading and incorrect. We are using animations in this mod. We are merely removing the weapon styles feature. Please reference @Mousetick's post here which started this change: 

I have updated the instructions accordingly.

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

The instructions that were on the 2.1.0 guide were misleading and incorrect. We are using animations in this mod. We are merely removing the weapon styles feature. Please reference @Mousetick's post here which started this change: 

I have updated the instructions accordingly.

Ahhh. I had read that a while ago and misremembered what the plugin actually did. Thanks for fixing.

2 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

We are using animations in this mod.

Right. The animations are the .hkx files that also stored under the meshes/ folder tree. One for each skeleton .nif mesh. They overwrite files from the vanilla BSAs.

• 1 month later...

Mod had an update a couple of days ago. Not sure whether the new main addition is relevant at all, but also included were some updated skeleton meshes

On 7/2/2022 at 5:30 AM, Mousetick said:

Right. The animations are the .hkx files that also stored under the meshes/ folder tree. One for each skeleton .nif mesh. They overwrite files from the vanilla BSAs.

With the main plugin disabled, my question about animations is whether the animations in '/animations/XPMSE' are still in use or is it now just the files in /animations that overide vanilla assets? (apologies for my clumsy english ...)

2 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

Mod had an update a couple of days ago. Not sure whether the new main addition is relevant at all, but also included were some updated skeleton meshes

With the main plugin disabled, my question about animations is whether the animations in '/animations/XPMSE' are still in use or is it now just the files in /animations that overide vanilla assets? (apologies for my clumsy english ...)

As far as I can tell, the animations under ../XPMSE rely on the plugin and are probably just file bloat without the plugin being active, but those under ../animations root replace vanilla.

@Mousetick Do you care to confirm?

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

The main mod page doesn't really seem to be NSFW any more. There are some user images that are still NSFW, but we probably don't need to provide a NSFW link anymore. Thoughts?

4 hours ago, Greg said:

I tend to agree that main mod page is no longer NSFW so we could link directly to the mod page now. I suggest including a note that the Images tab is NSFW so users know to stay away from that tab just to be safe.

Indeed. I had already fixed it, but now I see that I neglected to do so for 2.1.0 version instructions ... which are also not needed

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Indeed. I had already fixed it, but now I see that I neglected to do so for 2.1.0 version instructions ... which are also not needed

Version instructions were necessary since previous guide versions used the plugin. Your current edit doesn't seem to contain the instruction to hide the plugin anymore.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Kattmandu said:

Mod has been updated and the FOMOD options appear to be different than shown on the STEP guide.

Wow. The MA suddenly realized that over time there had been many simplified/basic/minimal repackaged versions of their mod published on Nexus by 3rd-parties, and they got mad. The repacks have been banned and this mod's installer has been redone. Better late than never, and a great simplification for STEP users.

Choosing 'Basic' results in the same installation (minus the unused bloat) as the current STEP 2.2.0 instructions for this mod's previous versions:

image.png

No need to hide the ESP anymore as it's not included in the 'Basic' installation.

• +1 1

55 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Choosing 'Basic' results in the same installation (minus the unused bloat) as the current STEP 2.2.0 instructions for this mod's previous versions

No need to hide the ESP anymore as it's not included in the 'Basic' installation

There is now a new, 5.01 version which re-adds an esp for the 'Minimal' and the 'Basic' version.

Just taking a look at the esp, which edits some game settings; the meshes should still work without the esp and one could just hide it, like suggested in the current recommendations?

Edited by CorneliusC