DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

My god, after spending way too much time on this. I think I got it resolved.
So it was HD LODs Textures SE or rather my particular install of it.

I looked through the logs again and look at that, there are a few textures that applications were unable to access.
I didn't see those line initially, guess I should've searched for "error".

I moved the folder and now I can read the files without an issue.
I still have the original questionable files, though they now appear to be fine, they even CRC the same as the archive.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hello !

When I try to launch TexGen.exe, nothing happens. I check my Tasks Manager and saw that "Taking Your Firstborn.exe" is running, but that's all.

I gave full permission to TexGen.exe in my antivirus... I don't know where the problem is, because I followed all the installation steps one by one. I already tried to reinstall PapyrusUtil, DynDOLOD Resources and the billboards I'm using, I tried to run with and without a bashed patch, and Tes5Edit don't display any error message... But nothing changed. ^^'

It's not the first time I use DynDOLOD, and all was always perfectly functionning.  :/

Thank you !

Hello !

When I try to launch TexGen.exe, nothing happens. I check my Tasks Manager and saw that "Taking Your Firstborn.exe" is running, but that's all.

I gave full permission to TexGen.exe in my antivirus... I don't know where the problem is, because I followed all the installation steps one by one. I already tried to reinstall PapyrusUtil, DynDOLOD Resources and the billboards I'm using, I tried to run with and without a bashed patch, and Tes5Edit don't display any error message... But nothing changed. ^^'

It's not the first time I use DynDOLOD, and all was always perfectly functionning.  :/

Thank you !

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12479-dynamic-distant-objects-lod-dyndolod-254/page-22?do=findComment&comment=231472

Skyrim SE

DynDOLOD-Resources-SE.2.54.7z
DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.54.7z

Was attempting to generate 3D LOD for EVT SE. But I got...

Exception in unit userscript line 331: Error: One or more errors occurred
Error: Access violation at address 004B4B39 in module 'DynDOLOD.exe'. Write of address 00000000

Here is a pastebin link of the whole thing:

https://pastebin.com/ihi8zZxy

I ran it again after clearing cache, logs, and disabling AV, But same result.

For now I'm just going to run some of the built-in LOD for EVT, but please let me know if I can provide you with any more info.

Skyrim SE

DynDOLOD-Resources-SE.2.54.7z

DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.54.7z

Was attempting to generate 3D LOD for EVT SE. But I got...

Exception in unit userscript line 331: Error: One or more errors occurred

Error: Access violation at address 004B4B39 in module 'DynDOLOD.exe'. Write of address 00000000

Here is a pastebin link of the whole thing:

https://pastebin.com/ihi8zZxy

I ran it again after clearing cache, logs, and disabling AV, But same result.

For now I'm just going to run some of the built-in LOD for EVT, but please let me know if I can provide you with any more info.

You didn't post bugreport.txt.

Use EVT Skyrim version for 3D tree LOD as explained in the ultra tree LOD manual, only convert the plugin.

Lots of billboards are missing, install EVT LOD files correctly with the same options as the full models.

However there seem to be some billboards for small flora and plants - which usually do not really should have LOD for performance and visual reasons, probably from some other mod - personal preference of course.

It is possible a invalid texture is causing this. Check the textures listed in DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_SSE_tamriel_flat_textures_used.txt are valid and can be all accessed without issue.

The process might be running out of memory. Try running the x64 version.

Edited by sheson

Well...Lightweight Grass Overhaul has all of these diffuses (no normals) as BC7...

DynDOLOD_SSE_tamriel_flat_textures_used.txt

https://pastebin.com/HxJdj3ku

I can uncompress and recompress to DXT5 if necessary.

Quite a few though...

The BC7 format should not be the problem. However test if it runs through without these 7 textures.

Make sure to install EVT and and its billboard properly.

Use the x64 version to see if it makes a difference.

Tried EVT LE with only the esp converted to 44. Tried with the 43 esp also.

Tried x64 but I have 16GB ram so kind of unlikely I am running out of memory.

Converted all the plants to DXT5. But I figured that shouldn't be an issue too.

Then I thought for sure I had it figured out when I found an LOD terrain folder containing EEK mountain flower billboards.

So I thought for sure it was user error on my part but I keep getting the same exact error, same line, same everything.

Is there an older version of DynDOLOD still available for download somewhere?

Not sure what else to try.

Sheson, I'm trying to combine several tree mods and they work well, but for one or two tree lods that are wrong. Here's what I'm doing, in brief: I install EVT RC4, then overwrite with SFO 2.72 but hiding a few nifs (so EVT's meshes should win there), then add Realistic Aspen Trees on top of that. When I generate my lods with full 3D trees, a couple of Scots Pine models from SFO that I had removed are used for lods - why is that? Could it be that DynDOLOD doesn't find the 3d hybrid model for those pine meshes from EVT RC4 and falls back to billboards, in which case it's using SFO's billboards (or it may simply be loading billboards for further away LODS, like lod8 or lod16?)? I did forget to hide the corresponding billboards there. Now regenerating DynDOLOD after hiding the billboards. And would you tell me what the file textures/terrain/Tamriel/trees/TamrielTreeLod.dds is for, and how it works when you have tree mods overwriting one another? My TamrielTreeLod.dds is being provided by RAT and is simply a set of vanilla pines with RAT aspens. If I hid that, then SFO's would win, and if I hid that too, EVT's would win. Can I simply ignore this file?

Edited by godescalcus

Sheson, I'm trying to combine several tree mods and they work well, but for one or two tree lods that are wrong. Here's what I'm doing, in brief: I install EVT RC4, then overwrite with SFO 2.72 but hiding a few nifs (so EVT's meshes should win there), then add Realistic Aspen Trees on top of that. When I generate my lods with full 3D trees, a couple of Scots Pine models from SFO that I had removed are used for lods - why is that? Could it be that DynDOLOD doesn't find the 3d hybrid model for those pine meshes from EVT RC4 and falls back to billboards, in which case it's using SFO's billboards (or it may simply be loading billboards for further away LODS, like lod8 or lod16?)? I did forget to hide the corresponding billboards there. Now regenerating DynDOLOD after hiding the billboards. And would you tell me what the file textures/terrain/Tamriel/trees/TamrielTreeLod.dds is for, and how it works when you have tree mods overwriting one another? My TamrielTreeLod.dds is being provided by RAT and is simply a set of vanilla pines with RAT aspens. If I hid that, then SFO's would win, and if I hid that too, EVT's would win. Can I simply ignore this file?

The "tree report" in the log tells exactly which files are found and used for the different LOD levels.

If the "wrong" billboard dds is found, make sure the last overwrite for that billboard file is correct.

3D LOD trees have a unique CRC32 based on the full model in their file name.

See the manual DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html

textures/terrain/Tamriel/trees/TamrielTreeLod.dds is used by tree LOD. It is created from the billboards when generating tree LOD.

When doing tree LOD in object LOD it does not matter as tree LOD is disabled.

It is a bit unclear what type of tree LOD you are trying to generate.

Edited by sheson

Thanks and I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough, I'm doing 3d lods (treelod=0). As it turns out, I was careless with billboard overwrites because I still have in my subconscious the idea that I get full 3d lod models all the way and billboards are therefore unnecessary, but I know that to be wrong. I'm only sure that lod4 has full 3d models (as long as the mesh is recongnized in your CRC check and there's an available model in DynDOLOD Resources or provided elsewhere), not sure if lod8 has them as well or if it's already billboards there. Lod16 and lod32 are probably always billboards and my problem was fixed by hiding the billboards from SFO that didn't correspond to the trees I have installed, and making new lods.