DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Getting "Fatal: Could not open registry key: \SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim\"

I did try rerunning the Skyrim SE launcher via steam and launching the game after the recent update, but I have no idea what to do about this error message. What does it mean by "Verify game is starting in the desired game mode"? Does it think I'm running VR?

Nevermind, need to pass "-sse" argument so it looks for Special Edition instead of LE

Edited by SirenBrink

Install a better matching billboard or create your own. The log will show the path and filename of the billboard texture.

The way LOD works and it transitions is hardcoded into the engine. AFAIK there are no INI settings that can change that.

I finally realized what it was. It was the Lightweight Grass Overhaul mod. I didn't realize it until I checked for mod updates and saw the changelog for it. Author had accidentally included his LODGEN files for the PineTrees which are the exact trees I had issues with.

I really miss that MO2 can't check for conflicts in BSA files. If this was MO1, I would have spotted this. But since MO2 doesn't look inside BSA files and I was using vanilla trees, I never realized this unintentional conflict by the LWGO author existed.

I finally realized what it was. It was the Lightweight Grass Overhaul mod. I didn't realize it until I checked for mod updates and saw the changelog for it. Author had accidentally included his LODGEN files for the PineTrees which are the exact trees I had issues with.

I really miss that MO2 can't check for conflicts in BSA files. If this was MO1, I would have spotted this. But since MO2 doesn't look inside BSA files and I was using vanilla trees, I never realized this unintentional conflict by the LWGO author existed.

Typically billboard downloads come as loose files. The LOD generated by DynDOLOD is loose files. Loose files win over files in BSA.

MO has a data tab that shows the winning loose files and from which mod they are. For everything else there is the well known xEdit Asset Browser Zilav already mentioned.

Hi sheson, Do you have any clue why with DynDOLOD enabled my racemenu paint section is all emptied? Removing DynDOLOD esp restore it back.

Also when I have it activated, I keep CTD every time I entered the load screen whenever I use the carriages to fast travel no matter where it is or where it goes the CTD always happened 3 around 3 secs after the load screen started.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Hi sheson, Do you have any clue why with DynDOLOD enabled my racemenu paint section is all emptied? Removing DynDOLOD esp restore it back.

Also when I have it activated, I keep CTD every time I entered the load screen whenever I use the carriages to fast travel no matter where it is or where it goes the CTD always happened 3 around 3 secs after the load screen started.

If something does't work with racemenu my first guess would be memory problems.

In regards to CTD after fast travel - which I assume is not limited to fast travel by carriage only but any fast travel - is most likely due to a invalid or missing mesh. The FAQ entry about CTD points to specific troubleshooting  tips in the readme.

If something does't work with racemenu my first guess would be memory problems.

In regards to CTD after fast travel - which I assume is not limited to fast travel by carriage only but any fast travel - is most likely due to a invalid or missing mesh. The FAQ entry about CTD points to specific troubleshooting tips in the readme.

All the other options are working though, but not the body textures / overlay features. Any idea on how to fix it?

Fast travelling using console command doesn't give CTD, only by carriages and it's not after fast travelling but it happens when I hop on to the carriage and then the load screen shows up, 3 seconds later CTD. So it is not even completed yet. I've tested it, the papyrus log doesn't show up anything though regarding the CTD.

Edited by reddvilzz

All the other options are working though, but not the body textures / overlay features. Any idea on how to fix it?

Fast travelling using console command doesn't give CTD, only by carriages and it's not after fast travelling but it happens when I hop on to the carriage and then the load screen shows up, 3 seconds later CTD. So it is not even completed yet. I've tested it, the papyrus log doesn't show up anything though regarding the CTD.

DynDOLOD plugins do nothing to racemenu directly.

The readme has more suggestions what to do than just checking the papyrus log.

However, it should make no difference if the loading was initiated after entering a carriage or after manual fast travel.

Edited by sheson

DynDOLOD plugins do nothing to racemenu directly.

The readme has more suggestions what to do than just checking the papyrus log.

However, it should make no difference if the loading was initiated after entering a carriage or after manual fast travel.

Okay I'll try and look for the logs of the created DynDOLOD as per readme.

Hello Sheson. You can make Dyndolod 2.54 support esl. I have 308 plug-ins, of which 70 are esl, and within a couple of seconds after launch textgen, an error flies. There is no error if the total number of plug-ins does not exceed 254. With the version 2.49 Dyndolod, there was no such thing, he supported esl.

Hello Sheson. You can make Dyndolod 2.54 support esl. I have 308 plug-ins, of which 70 are esl, and within a couple of seconds after launch textgen, an error flies. There is no error if the total number of

plug-ins does not exceed 254. With the version 2.49 Dyndolod, there was no such thing, he supported esl.

From first post:

Starting with 2.44 there is now full ESL and ESPs flagged as ESL support for Skyrim SE - based on the latest xEdit updates.

I suggest to carefully read the error message instead of letting it fly away.

From first post:

Starting with 2.44 there is now full ESL and ESPs flagged as ESL support for Skyrim SE - based on the latest xEdit updates.

I suggest to carefully read the error message instead of letting it fly away.

Dyndolod is working for me now, after that I can once again run the texgen with all the plugins in order to recreate the error and copy the log here.