DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Dyndolod is working for me now, after that I can once again run the texgen with all the plugins in order to recreate the error and copy the log here.

In error writen: An error occured while loading modules. Editing is disabled. Check the message log and correct the error.

In TexGen_SSE_log.txt nothing is written, or need somewhere else to watch? and for some reason I cannot insert a log into the spoiler here, the site toli immediately freezes and nothing posts.

Edited by blo0dik

In error writen: An error occured while loading modules. Editing is disabled. Check the message log and correct the error.

In TexGen_SSE_log.txt nothing is written, or need somewhere else to watch?

The message log is what you copied the message from. Check the lines above.

The message log is saved to the log file when the application is closed.

Hi Sheson,

I have created a little quick guide on how to add DynDOLOD SSE to Vortex without having to manually install the Standalone files into the Skyrim directory.  It can all be done via Vortex with the user only having to manually deal with the Output files.

It took me a little while and some head scratching to figure out, but I got there in the end and tested it, and it all runs fine.

Not sure if it would be helpful to anyone, but thought I'd post here just in case it is.

Cheers,

Jules

Hi Sheson,

I have created a little quick guide on how to add DynDOLOD SSE to Vortex without having to manually install the Standalone files into the Skyrim directory.  It can all be done via Vortex with the user only having to manually deal with the Output files.

It took me a little while and some head scratching to figure out, but I got there in the end and tested it, and it all runs fine.

Not sure if it would be helpful to anyone, but thought I'd post here just in case it is.

Cheers,

Jules

I suppose that it nice. Thanks.

Is it normal that after TexGen and/or DynLODGen generates files, all of the textures (dds files) are blank? (I tried the old default formats that TexGen use to use and that also generated blank files)

If I use SSELODGen they work perfectly fine and are not blank, but they are with TexGen and/or DynLODGen.

Am I doing something wrong or are they meant to be blank?

Edited by TJ8

Is it normal that after TexGen and/or DynLODGen generates files, all of the textures (dds files) are blank? (I tried the old default formats that TexGen use to use and that also generated blank files)

If I use SSELODGen they work perfectly fine and are not blank, but they are with TexGen and/or DynLODGen.

Am I doing something wrong or are they meant to be blank?

The program you use to look at them probably does not support the BC7 format.

The program you use to look at them probably does not support the BC7 format.

Well as I said, I did also try the old default formats in TexGen (BC1 for 3 of them and BC3 for 1 of them) just like what SSELODGen does, yet everything still shows as blank. (Tried various programs, and even Paint.net with a plugin that supposedly works with BC7 and all the others)

Tomorrow after work I'll actually try playing with the blank files to see if all the programs I use to view it are just terrible and the LOD files work, or if it actually isn't working. 

Edited by TJ8

Well as I said, I did also try the old default formats in TexGen (BC1 for 3 of them and BC3 for 1 of them) just like what SSELODGen does, yet everything still shows as blank. (Tried various programs, and even Paint.net with a plugin that supposedly works with BC7 and all the others)

Tomorrow after work I'll actually try playing with the blank files to see if all the programs I use to view it are just terrible and the LOD files work, or if it actually isn't working. 

TexGen/Dyn DOLOD does not creating "blank" files. If that is the case it means the input textures were already "blank". Check those or their (internal) conversion with texconv.exe.

Edited by sheson

Can you reset DynDOLOD executable to not use the require admin flag? it is pretty annoying having to run a cmd with "set __COMPAT_LAYER=RUNASINVOKER" (or having to edit the .exe MANIFEST myself) every time I want to use DynDOLOD.

Edited by Project579

Can you reset DynDOLOD executable to not use the require admin flag? it is pretty annoying having to run a cmd with "set __COMPAT_LAYER=RUNASINVOKER" (or having to edit the .exe MANIFEST myself) every time I want to use DynDOLOD.

With next version yes.

Hi sheson,

i recently started to use the imperial forts exterior meshes from the mod "Enhanced textures detail (UV-tweaks) and it greatly improved the texture sharpness for me. However, i cant seem to create matching lod for the now smaller texture patterns. From what i understand, dyndolod contains prefabricated lod meshes for imperial forts, since they are vanilla objects. So i created a custom rule for the dungeons/imperial/exterior folder to make dyndolod use the new meshes and the results were quite unfortunate :D. Since i dont have lod meshes for the mentioned mod, i tried to load the full models for lod. While the game now actually showed the smaller texture pattern for lod, it flickered like crazy when walking towards the fort. Could you please tell me how it has to be done? Thanks in advance.

Hi sheson,

i recently started to use the imperial forts exterior meshes from the mod "Enhanced textures detail (UV-tweaks) and it greatly improved the texture sharpness for me. However, i cant seem to create matching lod for the now smaller texture patterns. From what i understand, dyndolod contains prefabricated lod meshes for imperial forts, since they are vanilla objects. So i created a custom rule for the dungeons/imperial/exterior folder to make dyndolod use the new meshes and the results were quite unfortunate :D. Since i dont have lod meshes for the mentioned mod, i tried to load the full models for lod. While the game now actually showed the smaller texture pattern for lod, it flickered like crazy when walking towards the fort. Could you please tell me how it has to be done? Thanks in advance.

DynDOLOD uses the vanilla LOD models. DynDOLOD Resource contains a few updates and new models for things that didn't have LOD before.

Using the full models directly without taking care of the moss and other decals is probably what is causing the visual issues. A method would be to everything from the full model that can be used in LOD and then overwrite the LOD models with this new version.

Best would be to update those LOD models, but things are complicated by the fact that the vanilla LOD already uses a mini atlas, so re-uving them is made more complicated by that. With some knowledge and use of Bender or 3DMax and then NifkSope that can be accomplished.

First I would try the easiest route, update the mini atlas textures imperialfortlod.dds/imperialforticelod.dds to double up their 4 source textures - can be done manually or by updating the TexGen rules. Though this might also affect LOD meshes that are not updated by the mod. So then it is a question of updating a few LOD meshes to also use the different LOD textures.

Anyway you look at it, it requires some dedication and time.

Edited by sheson

DynDOLOD uses the vanilla LOD models. DynDOLOD Resource contains a few updates and new models for things that didn't have LOD before.

Using the full models directly without taking care of the moss and other decals is probably what is causing the visual issues. A method would be to everything from the full model that can be used in LOD and then overwrite the LOD models with this new version.

Best would be to update those LOD models, but things are complicated by the fact that the vanilla LOD already uses a mini atlas, so re-uving them is made more complicated by that. With some knowledge and use of Bender or 3DMax and then NifkSope that can be accomplished.

First I would try the easiest route, update the mini atlas textures imperialfortlod.dds/imperialforticelod.dds to double up their 4 source textures - can be done manually or by updating the TexGen rules. Though this might also affect LOD meshes that are not updated by the mod. So then it is a question of updating a few LOD meshes to also use the different LOD textures.

Anyway you look at it, it requires some dedication and time.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will take a look at the mini atlas. I am not yet experienced with mesh editing, just recently started to tinker with nifscope. 

hi, im having a strange issue with the newest version of Texgen for DynDOLOD, its saying that my load order is locked, i have not exceeded the 253esp limit and Bashed Patch is not active, however i do have a count of 344 esp+esm+esl files 

i can link a pastebin of the log, but i dont think it will be useful since there is no error message [here]

Finally here is my https://modwat.ch/u/xepherxv

Edit1: its worth mentioning that i do NOT have any active ES*'s that have missing masters, however there are some files that are INACTIVE that have missing masters, i will try removing them and trouble shoot

Edit2: this did not work, BUT i did notice that it successfully loaded every mod before desplaying the issue, with the last loaded mod being paper world map patch.

Edited by Xepherxv

hi, im having a strange issue with the newest version of Texgen for DynDOLOD, its saying that my load order is locked, i have not exceeded the 253esp limit and Bashed Patch is not active, however i do have a count of 344 esp+esm+esl files 

i can link a pastebin of the log, but i dont think it will be useful since there is no error message [here]

Finally here is my https://modwat.ch/u/xepherxv

Edit1: its worth mentioning that i do NOT have any active ES*'s that have missing masters, however there are some files that are INACTIVE that have missing masters, i will try removing them and trouble shoot

Edit2: this did not work, BUT i did notice that it successfully loaded every mod before desplaying the issue, with the last loaded mod being paper world map patch.

From the log:

[00:00:13.386]  [00:12] Background Loader: [undriel_FallingGildergreenPetals.esl] File loaded (CRC32:72B50264)
[00:00:13.386]  [00:12] Background Loader:
[00:00:13.387]  [00:12] Background Loader:

FAQ: TexGen.exe/DynDOLOD.exe:

A: ESL plugins can only add new records with form IDs between xxxxx800 and xxxxxFFF, but the plugin defines a form id outside these limits. See https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/5079-plugin-files-and-you-esmeslesp/. The plugin needs to be fixed. Broken plugins cause issues in the game. 

• +1 1