DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

I have done something wrong and DynDOLOD SSE keeps crashing during generation. It happens at the same time on consecutive runs. I searched for the error and ended up here. I searched for the hex value mentioned in the error in SSEEDIT and came up with nothing? 

Here's a link to the log https://pastebin.com/8uXh6bq0

Thankyou.

You may want to test with x64 version to see if it maybe runs out of memory trying to load a huge texture (it says 44739372 bytes, which would be 42MB). 

It could a broken file with wrong header info trying to read past the real file size. It should be one of the texture listed in ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_SSE_tamriel_textures_used.txt

If you can not find it, post bugreport.txt as suggested.

You may want to test with x64 version to see if it maybe runs out of memory trying to load a huge texture (it says 44739372 bytes, which would be 42MB). 

It could a broken file with wrong header info trying to read past the real file size. It should be one of the texture listed in ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_SSE_tamriel_textures_used.txt

If you can not find it, post bugreport.txt as suggested.

Switching to the x64 version fixed it. I had the same problem on LE so tried the x64 version also - which fixed it. Thankyou!

I have a problem with Dyndolod on Skyrim VR. I use the newest version of VR und SKSE, have the newest papyrusutils for VR downloaded on nexus and even tried the Dyndolod DLL instead of papyrusutils. I downloaded the Resources and the Standalone of the first post of this thread.

After I generate the LOD and the plugins and activate them in Mod Organizer, I start game, but once I load a save, I get the message "Dyndolod requieres plugins generated by version 2.45 or higher" or something like that - even though I clearly use version 2.54 of both the standalone and the resources. Just for trying, I used any combination of the normal .exe and the x64 exe of both texgen and Dyndolod. I deleted the old version of dyndolod completely before unzipping the standalone from this thread to the directory where the old version was before.

At this point, I have no idea what to try anymore, so I asked here.

I have a problem with Dyndolod on Skyrim VR. I use the newest version of VR und SKSE, have the newest papyrusutils for VR downloaded on nexus and even tried the Dyndolod DLL instead of papyrusutils. I downloaded the Resources and the Standalone of the first post of this thread.

After I generate the LOD and the plugins and activate them in Mod Organizer, I start game, but once I load a save, I get the message "Dyndolod requieres plugins generated by version 2.45 or higher" or something like that - even though I clearly use version 2.54 of both the standalone and the resources. Just for trying, I used any combination of the normal .exe and the x64 exe of both texgen and Dyndolod. I deleted the old version of dyndolod completely before unzipping the standalone from this thread to the directory where the old version was before.

At this point, I have no idea what to try anymore, so I asked here.

PapyrusUtil VR is not supported at the moment as I have currently no equipment or means to test or troubleshoot. It probably should work, but if they do not you are on your own. In case of issues use DynDOLOD DLL.

Did you generate both a DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp or only the DynDOLOD.esp?

Are you sure the generated output including the txt files in the SKSE folder are installed correctly and not overwritten by anything?

Please upload/post a screenshot of the DynDOLOD SKyUI MCM Information page.

Enable papyrus logging in Skyrim.INI and post/pastebin/upload the log

Okay, didn't really know how make screenshots in VR, I hope this is readable:

https://imgur.com/a/twRIJFU

The log (i notice there a some errors from mods I should already have uninstalled...but that shouldn't have anything to do with dyndolod, I hope) is attached.

I must say, I am currently uncertain if dyndlod doesn't actually work. In the MCM Menu, it says it is sucessfully initialized.

Oh, and yes, I generated both esp and esm. Mod Organizer says the contents of the mod where I put the output in is not overwritten by another mod.

Edited by Malak

Uhm, well, attaching doesnt work it seems and I can not edit my post after a certain time frame? Well, here is a pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/G95UZQbP

In MO you can hover the plugins to see their descriptions. It should say Version 2.45 at the end for both.

Or for example in LOOT it should say 2.45 for both obviously.

You can see from the screenshot the reported versions of the plugins are "empty".

I suppose this can happen when the SKSE VR installation is incomplete. Make sure to install all its papyrus scripts *.pex correctly and none of them are overwritten. Particularly Game.pex which has the function to read the description from a plugin.

Hm, except for ObjectsUtil.pex, which is overwritten by papyrus, every script is there.

However, there indeed seems to be some conflict here. I made a new MO profile, disabled all mods in the left tab (except Papyrus, SkyUI, Dyndo Resources and Billiboards) and regenareted the LOD. Now it works - in the info menu, it shows esm version 2.45, although the esp version is still empty. Well, it seems I must now undergo the troublesome task to find the conflict by trial and error.

Hm, except for ObjectsUtil.pex, which is overwritten by papyrus, every script is there.

However, there indeed seems to be some conflict here. I made a new MO profile, disabled all mods in the left tab (except Papyrus, SkyUI, Dyndo Resources and Billiboards) and regenareted the LOD. Now it works - in the info menu, it shows esm version 2.45, although the esp version is still empty. Well, it seems I must now undergo the troublesome task to find the conflict by trial and error.

If the scripts are fine it could be some unforeseen issue with SKSE VR returning the correct mod description string. It might only show with specific plugins or many plugins in the load order. If this were Special Edition with ESL flagged plugins and older versions of SKSE I wouldn't be surprised. With VR I am not aware of any such problems.

How many plugins are in the load order when the issue occurs?

So I have been unable to figure this out. I am using the VR version of things.
For some reason the game will crash everytime with DDL output enabled.

I've been following a similar process as SSE and oldrim which have been successful.

As far as I have found out its related to the objects nifs or rather unhiding them causes the game to crashes.
The plugins don't seem to affect things.
I have tried the BC7 texgen and BC3.

The logs look solid, nothing out of the norm.

Im kind of out of ideas.

So I have been unable to figure this out. I am using the VR version of things.

For some reason the game will crash everytime with DDL output enabled.

I've been following a similar process as SSE and oldrim which have been successful.

As far as I have found out its related to the objects nifs or rather unhiding them causes the game to crashes.

The plugins don't seem to affect things.

I have tried the BC7 texgen and BC3.

The logs look solid, nothing out of the norm.

Im kind of out of ideas.

If you have already narrowed it down to object nifs (which ones exactly?) then it should be no problem narrowing it down further to an individual folder/file?