DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

I can see how an automatic save while entering a new worldspace might confuse things while data for the worldspace is loaded and scripts are executed. When you do a manual save later, then at that point nothing is active or running unless you do it while moving across cell borders. There is no mod limit. There is a plugin and open files limit (mitigated by SSE Engine Fixes)

I disabled autosave. But manual save still crash the game even when my character just standing there in exterior.

I also tried uninstalling some script heavy mods and SKSE plugins. But it doesn't work.

Now I'm willing to remove the quest record in dyndolod esp. At least it can stop the scripts crashing my game and remains most of assets and records. Is it dangerous?

Edited by Elzee

I disabled autosave. But manual save still crash the game even when my character just standing there in exterior.

I also tried uninstalling some script heavy mods and SKSE plugins. But it doesn't work.

Now I'm willing to remove the quest record in dyndolod esp. At least it can stop the scripts crashing my game and remains most of assets and records. Is it dangerous?

If a clean save, or LOD generated with the Temporary=1 option does not improve things permanently, generate LOD with "Generate DynDOLOD" on the advanced options unchecked to not include any of the scripted dynamic LOD.

Edited by sheson

Maybe I'm missing something, but after downloading the SE version of DynDOLOD from the OP, yet both versions of DynDOLOD look for original Skyrim, and refuses to interact with Skyrim SE. The following error is thrown:

Fatal: Could not open registry key: \SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim\
This can happen after Steam updates, run game's launcher to restore registry settings.
Verify game is starting in the desired game mode.

And the log is:

[00:00:00.054]    DynDOLOD based on xEdit x64 (3D42BB5F) starting session 2018-12-26 22:07:18
[00:00:00.056]    Using Skyrim Data Path:
[00:00:00.057]    Using Cache Path:
[00:00:00.058]    Using Temp Path: C:\Users\CMWin7\AppData\Local\Temp\TES5Edit\
[00:00:00.059]    Using ini:
[00:00:00.060]    Fatal: Could not find ini

Maybe I'm missing something, but after downloading the SE version of DynDOLOD from the OP, yet both versions of DynDOLOD look for original Skyrim, and refuses to interact with Skyrim SE. The following error is thrown:

Fatal: Could not open registry key: \SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim\

This can happen after Steam updates, run game's launcher to restore registry settings.

Verify game is starting in the desired game mode.

And the log is:

[00:00:00.054]    DynDOLOD based on xEdit x64 (3D42BB5F) starting session 2018-12-26 22:07:18

[00:00:00.056]    Using Skyrim Data Path:

[00:00:00.057]    Using Cache Path:

[00:00:00.058]    Using Temp Path: C:\Users\CMWin7\AppData\Local\Temp\TES5Edit\

[00:00:00.059]    Using ini:

[00:00:00.060]    Fatal: Could not find ini

RTFM and watch the ***** video in the manual please.

Hi sheson,

I need help with the following problem: I use oldrim Enhanced Vanilla Trees and the included RAT with 3D Tree LOD. The LOD of the 6 variants of aspen trees is not working properly. When far away, there are no leaves visible at all. That way, the leaves just pop in weirdly once I get close. Two screenshots so you know what I mean:

Far Closer

This only applies, like I said, to the 6 aspen trees, all other trees are working beautifully.

According to DynDOLOD Log, 3D Lod meshes and billboards are found. 1 2

Thanks in advance

Hi sheson,

I need help with the following problem: I use oldrim Enhanced Vanilla Trees and the included RAT with 3D Tree LOD. The LOD of the 6 variants of aspen trees is not working properly. When far away, there are no leaves visible at all. That way, the leaves just pop in weirdly once I get close. Two screenshots so you know what I mean:

Far Closer

This only applies, like I said, to the 6 aspen trees, all other trees are working beautifully.

According to DynDOLOD Log, 3D Lod meshes and billboards are found. 1 2

Thanks in advance

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13029-dyndolod-254-skyrim-sevr-beta/page-70?p=230483&do=findComment&comment=230483

Hey sheson,

i recently tried out Claralux and so far i am really liking it. However i cant seem to manage to get proper glow lods for the city lights claralux adds (whiterun wall lights for example). I cant seem to find any topics about this, so i got to ask. I already tested the suggested culling data glitch fix, but it didnt change anything for me. Hope you could help me to fix this (if even possible).

Hey sheson,

i recently tried out Claralux and so far i am really liking it. However i cant seem to manage to get proper glow lods for the city lights claralux adds (whiterun wall lights for example). I cant seem to find any

topics about this, so i got to ask. I already tested the suggested culling data glitch fix, but it didnt change anything for me. Hope you could help me to fix this (if even possible).

Most lights and objects from Claralux can not have LOD because they are added as temporary objects at runtime when their cell attaches. One obstacle is that it is not possible to create temporary objects with the IsFullLOD flag set.

References using the IsFullLOD flag are not culled by the pre-computed occlusion. It also makes no sense to remove the culling data from any cells if they do not have visual problems caused by the pre-computed culling.

The "bottom" of MO is not the same as making sure nothing should overwrite the generated LOD files from the output folder. The sort order can be reversed or alphabetical etc, files can be in MOs Overwrite folder. Use the Conflicts tab from the mods Information.

I have my MO sorted by Priority so bottom of load order is what overwrites last. Plus, I also indicated I did the classic troubleshooting test of turning something on and then off to see what happened. When DynDOLOD was off, it worked fine.

FAQ: Game: Tree LOD: LOD trees do not match close-up full model trees 

A: Doublecheck billboards and billboard load order. Open console, click on full model tree to get form id like 000185C7. Lookup this FormID top left in xEdit, bringing up the tree reference in the right pane. Find the form id of the 'NAME - Base', like TreeAspen01 [TREE:0006A9E6]. Search in Textures\Terrain\LODGen\ subfolders for files with that number, like TreeAspen01_0006A9E6.dds and TreeAspen01_0006A9E6.txt. Replace files with correct versions.

TreePineForest05 [TREE:00051126]

I loaded in SSEEdit USSEP, Enhanced Landscapes, and the DynDOLOD generated ESM and ESP. The record is found in Skyrim.esm and nothing else edits the record.

The DynDOLOD generated files do not have a Textures\Terrain\LODGen folder. Is that the issue?

Most lights and objects from Claralux can not have LOD because they are added as temporary objects at runtime when their cell attaches. One obstacle is that it is not possible to create temporary objects with the IsFullLOD flag set.

References using the IsFullLOD flag are not culled by the pre-computed occlusion. It also makes no sense to remove the culling data from any cells if they do not have visual problems caused by the pre-computed culling.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Guess i turn the extra added lights off in this case.

I loaded in SSEEdit USSEP, Enhanced Landscapes, and the DynDOLOD generated ESM and ESP. The record is found in Skyrim.esm and nothing else edits the record.

The DynDOLOD generated files do not have a Textures\Terrain\LODGen folder. Is that the issue?

Nothing is generated into the Textures\Terrain\LODGen. It is the folder where billboard resources are expected.

The DynDOLOD log prints which billboard texture it is using to build the tree LOD. If a billboard does not match the full model tree, install the correct billboard for that full model. As explained in the FAQ use the form id of the base record to find the log entry and billboard file name that is used.

Nothing is generated into the Textures\Terrain\LODGen. It is the folder where billboard resources are expected.

The DynDOLOD log prints which billboard texture it is using to build the tree LOD. If a billboard does not match the full model tree, install the correct billboard for that full model. As explained in the FAQ use the form id of the base record to find the log entry and billboard file name that is used.

Looks like the billboard itself is the problem. I also tested in LE and saw that it had the same issue with the mismatch. Only difference is that in Skyrim LE, the pop-up is sudden In Skyrim SE, it's a gradual dithered fade-in.

Is that the only setting for SSE or is there a way to get the sudden pop-in back? I think the dithered fade-in makes the differences more apparent.

Edited by nanashi

Looks like the billboard itself is the problem. I also tested in LE and saw that it had the same issue with the mismatch. Only difference is that in Skyrim LE, the pop-up is sudden In Skyrim SE, it's a gradual dithered fade-in.

Is that the only setting for SSE or is there a way to get the sudden pop-in back? I think the dithered fade-in makes the differences more apparent.

Install a better matching billboard or create your own. The log will show the path and filename of the billboard texture.

The way LOD works and it transitions is hardcoded into the engine. AFAIK there are no INI settings that can change that.