DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

I can't speak to what it was at release, but I just recently returned to the game and played SE for the first time. I've played heavily modded for over 30 hrs and had VERY few issues. If it's a "broken mess of bugs" I've not experienced it. I've only encountered one mod so far that gave me major issues. LOOT is better than it's ever been and I've only had to manually reorder 2 mods (1 if you don't include the aforementioned broken mod). Seems like a really good time to be working on SE from a predominantly player standpoint.

FPS issues because of plugins existing in the load order, visual issues because of plugins modifying large references, broken tree LOD reflections, the "improved" snow shader that is an incoherent and incomplete mess, game randomly not starting because of CC connection issues or whatever. Also stuff like hardcoded key bindings, sprint toggle, enemy perks applying twice after loading, plants not re-spawning after loading etc.

The issue is that Bethesda is actively updating the game to serve as a platform for paid mods and yet there still seems to be a believe that it is acceptable to rely on the community to provide free fixes to make this game version somewhat usable for modding. On the other hand, there is a perfectly stable and tons of better looking and feature rich Skryim without any such dilemmas.

My point is, as long as there are so many severe bugs which need to be fixed by Bethesda, there is no reason to waste any more time than necessary for things that should/can change over night. In particular, there is no use testing any mods/plugins that modify large references. Unless the large reference bugs are fixed, those plugins are incompatible with Skyrim SE.

I see. I whole-heartedly agree that Bethesda has a responsibility to fix these issues even if most of those are fixed by mods. The reality is they never do though. If everyone waited on Bugthesda to fix things before they made mods no mods would be made. So many people build their mods with USSEP or other fixes as requirements because of this. Is there a community fix for the large reference bug your referring to? I'm familiar with fixes for most of the other bugs you mentioned.

I see. I whole-heartedly agree that Bethesda has a responsibility to fix these issues even if most of those are fixed by mods. The reality is they never do though. If everyone waited on Bugthesda to fix things before they made mods no mods would be made. So many people build their mods with USSEP or other fixes as requirements because of this. Is there a community fix for the large reference bug your referring to? I'm familiar with fixes for most of the other bugs you mentioned.

We are mostly talking about newly introduced game engine bugs that exist on all platforms and consequently need to be fixed on all platforms if Bethesda is serious about modding support. Porting already existing game data fixes or mods from Skyrim to Skyrim SE is a bit different, but USLEEP consequently should make it to locked platforms via official updates if needed.

The reality is that Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 are different, because they are micro transaction platforms selling paid mods. That means the obligations of Bethesda have changed.

I feel bad for consumers buying Skyrim in 2018 that is still on the same bug level as the last DLC update in 2012 or so with new bugs added in 2016.

Like that alone is not bad enough, Skyrim SE got plenty of updates in the past 12 months to support paid mods, but no game engine updates to at least fix the new bugs, despite repeated reports on the official forums and beta test threads.

This seems like a rather clear message from Bethesda to this free modding community and its paying customers.

There is no fix for the large reference bug.

Edited by sheson

I understand your frustrations then. I've not touched any Bugthesda games until recently in over a year, so other than what the big YouTubers talk about I've been ignorant to what's going on. What you've said matches with what I would expect from Bethesda though. It's a shame. :(

Edited by Drexl

Well done and thanks for the continuing work of DynDOLOD...

I didn't understand (sorry, I'm not THAT MUCH experiential with LODs) this new release/version what extras gives.

I just re-done (a couple days ago) my flora/world LODs, check the pics bellow:

sTkPuDoh.jpg

zKrkoHkh.jpg

26W4N9Mh.jpg

aVDvVyph.jpg

XlIzOm0h.jpg

XReBH89h.jpg

I already have dynamic windmill (I see it turns, from very high spot on Throat of World). I haven't check yet the waterfall (I guess I'll have static? )...

So, except the waterfall/watermills, what else should we expect from this new released.

Also, can you please tell me, except the DynDOLOD resources, the Trees mods, any LOD mods... what else mods should I have enable for DynDOLOD use them to create as best (and as many) as LOD it can?

I mean... for example... there is a mod called "Oblivion Gates" (placing Oblivion Gates all over Skyrim province). Or there is that "Whiterun Stable Tweaks" (editing the outside area of the city). Should mods like these, to be enabled during the DynDOLOD process?

And finally... I guess LODs over 512 are they necessary? In my pics (above) I have 512 LODs - and they're looking fine. Do I need more (1K, or more) ?

Edited by lupus_hegemonia

Well done and thanks for the continuing work of DynDOLOD...

I didn't understand (sorry, I'm not THAT MUCH experiential with LODs) this new release/version what extras gives.

I already have dynamic windmill (I see it turns, from very high spot on Throat of World). I haven't check yet the waterfall (I guess I'll have static? )...

So, except the waterfall/watermills, what else should we expect from this new released.

Dynamic LOD like animated LOD, quest enabled LOD, glow LOD, full models depending on the selected options and mesh rules in the advanced options.

Also, can you please tell me, except the DynDOLOD resources, the Trees mods, any LOD mods... what else mods should I have enable for DynDOLOD use them to create as best (and as many) as LOD it can?

DynDOLOD adds LOD for everything in the current load order it has found a LOD model or a rule for, if technically possible. Simply load entire load order if unsure.

And finally... I guess LODs over 512 are they necessary? In my pics (above) I have 512 LODs - and they're looking fine. Do I need more (1K, or more) ?

No idea. Probably not. Maybe for pre-rendered textures used by the walled cities for example, because you can get pretty close to those. Requires to use of the different resolution versions of HD LODs Textures since these can not be automatically created.

The texture atlas for a worldspace can be rebuild in expert mode with different settings without redoing everything as explained in DynDOLOD_TexGen.html Update Texture Atlas section. Then install atlas separately as a new mod to make comparison screenshots. The layout of the atlas probably changes because of different max sizes of the single texture. In that case "Execute LODGen.exe" to redo static object LOD with the changed atlas as well.

Thxs VERY much for your reply.

From my current effort (the above pics), do you thing my LODs are fine? It looks amazing to me, but you people have FAR MORE experience in LODs.

Looks OK to me. You could try 3D tree LODs with tree mods that support it properly. Like the Skyrim version of EVT for example.

Hello,

thank you for this awesome update and the new MCM menu. I ran into some clitch with "Better Cities SSE - Solitude"

https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3847/

https://imgur.com/a/ZGW3t

I´ve forgotten to copy the log, but as the picture shows without Dyndolod installed the lod is fine. Until further updates I will skip the "Better Cities SSE - Solitude"-.esp during generating the lods. After a few more tests I will post the log.

Best regards

Hello,

thank you for this awesome update and the new MCM menu. I ran into some clitch with "Better Cities SSE - Solitude"

https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3847/

https://imgur.com/a/ZGW3t

I´ve forgotten to copy the log, but as the picture shows without Dyndolod installed the lod is fine. Until further updates I will skip the "Better Cities SSE - Solitude"-.esp during generating the lods. After a few more tests I will post the log.

Best regards

Looks like the mod only changes things inside the cities without caring about how things looks from the outside. The best action for now is to not have such plugins in the load order when generating LOD.

I usually may add such plugins to an ignore list which has the same effect.

The intensity of the glow can be changed by setting

FakeLightsIntensity=1-9

in ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini, then generate LOD.

To change the size you would need to edit ..Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\effects\fxglowdefault[1-9]_dyndolod_lod.nif (replace [1-9] with whatever number is set in the INI for FakeLightsIntensity)

You can also change the intensity in the shader of course. Editing this file will have an immediate effect in the game.

Could you clarify the part about changing the size? I found the mesh, how do I edit it?

Changing the intensity worked.

Looks like the mod only changes things inside the cities without caring about how things looks from the outside. The best action for now is to not have such plugins in the load order when generating LOD.

I usually may add such plugins to an ignore list which has the same effect.

Yes, I´ve done this and it´s almost fine but the windmill wings are still missing. Maybe it has something to do with the custom color (red).

Yes, I´ve done this and it´s almost fine but the windmill wings are still missing. Maybe it has something to do with the custom color (red).

SMIM?

Copy DynDOLOD_TES5_mesh_replace.txt to DynDOLOD_SSE_mesh_replace.txt and generate again, let me know if that works