DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Thank you for the fast reply, master sheson :)

I did as you said and started a new game with "coc windhelmbridge02". Mouseclicked on LOD with active console and disable and enable it works, but the LOD b2008756 is loaded again when I zoom out and reenter the cell (with tcl). when I am far away from Windhelms Entrydoor, the LOD is displayed correctly.

The wrong LOD still persists but I now know the source: The people of tamriel (tpos_ultimate_esm.esp). Honestly, I don't know what to do with this information, now. Do I have to disable/hide some files inside the "The People of Skyrim" Mod, when Dyndolod generates the LOD? Right now, I am reading through the DynDOLOD_manual_SSE.html in search for answers, but appreciate any direct tip or suggestion highly :).

5eb20e-1515199597.gif

Btw, I don't have open cities installed and know from experience that near sight LODs happen one ignores the right OC-install-process.

cheers,

kyoharu

The tpos plugin adds a duplicate gate inside the city. Considering that the vanilla gate with form id 0009A272 is not deleted/disabled and the new gate (xx765A72) has exactly the same position it seems like a wild or unintentional edit of sorts.

Both gates show right on top of each other, so there are no visual errors when inside the city.

New objects added to cites are picked up by DynDOLOD to receive LOD and a facsimile in the parent world.

Before generating LOD, either remove the duplicated from the plugin (together with the reported wild edits near cell 0,0 - which are curiously initially disabled) or add a line to ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_childworldlod_Tamriel.txt

tpos_ultimate_esm.esp;00765A72;WHmaingate

which will instruct DynDOLOD to ignore the gate. This will be included in the next update.

I am curious about something else, unrelated. Do you have any mod overwriting any meshes from tpos?

ah, ok, so without SkyUI after a rebuild to test different setups out .. A clean save just consists of remove mod and sit it out for 30 days indoors :

In the docs there does not seem to be any facility to do a full clean save routine without SkyUI being installed ..

"If an existing save is updated from scratch, follow the 'clean save' cycle: first deactivate DynDOLOD from MCM, wait for deactivation message, go into interior, check MCM DynDOLOD is still deactivated, save, exit game. Remove old DynDOLOD.esp, in case papyrus scripts are updated remove the old scripts (see update post), remove old meshes/skse/textures from former output. Start game, load last save, wait a bit, save again. Install new papyrus scripts in case they are updated, the new DynDOLOD.esp and the new generated LOD. Enable the new DynDOLOD.esp. Start game, load the last save, go outside. DynDOLOD should initialize by itself, else activate from MCM.[/size]"

But SkyUI is not a requirement. Or is there a console command to stop DynDOLOD first when we do not have SkyUI ?

------------

Edit : Just rechecked in game .. The message never comes up for me.

Enthusiast modders know that Mod Configuration Menus (MCM) require SkyUI. However, the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM is not required to generate LOD or use dynamic LOD in the game or to make "clean" saves. The final requirements of the LOD mod that a user creates with the tools is up to the users decisions and discretion.

The "clean" save is to make sure position/rotation information for references is removed from the save. The instructions to disable and to "check MCM DynDOLOD is still deactivated" when indoors is mostly a clever way to make sure that enough time has passed to make sure there is no active script anymore. Disabling before-hand shortens that time.

I think in the past 3 years there was only one question what to do if SkyUI is not used. Which is what they were before the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM was added: just wait a bit / use in-game wait menu for 24 hours (again, just a way to make sure enough real time has passed for active scripts to complete)

Waiting 10/30 days is usually not required either, as references added to DynDOLOD plugins can not be reset anyways (they would lose their current LOD "state").

If the message "DynDOLOD successfully initialized" does not show top left the very first time a worldspace is entered with DynDOLOD, it either means something is wrong obviously, or may be the message passes to quickly because of other messages.

Edited by sheson

Sounds like I have been overdoing the clean save routine :)

Ok thats much better, so disable and uninstall DynDOLOD plugins and all generated files. Load up the game and then go indoors somewhere, Save. Load up the game wait just 24 hours and save. Install the newly generated DynDOLOD plugins and files, then play on and all should be hunkydory.

Thats a much better routine, I was waiting out the full skyrim cell reset times for everywhere before.

After I get home again tomorrow morning will install the latest build of the plugins and files again, and venture outdoors and see if once again I do not get any DynDOLOD messages.

But since starting to get to grips with this new beta a few days ago I have not seen one message. I recall seeing them for oldrim many moons ago when I think I did have SkyUI installed for a short while back then, but I prefer the Vanilla UI for my eyes (I know SkyUI has settings to tailor it to preferences which may be better for individuals eyesight but I would rather not tailor SkyUI to look like vanilla .. and just keep vanilla, and one less beta plugin).

Is there anything I can do to try and weed out what may possibly interfere with the on screen messages ?, or would their be a record of when it should have triggered somewhere (maybe switching on the games papyrus logging and looking for a keyword) ?

The tpos plugin adds a duplicate gate inside the city. Considering that the vanilla gate with form id 0009A272 is not deleted/disabled and the new gate (xx765A72) has exactly the same position it seems like a wild or unintentional edit of sorts.

Both gates show right on top of each other, so there are no visual errors when inside the city.

New objects added to cites are picked up by DynDOLOD to receive LOD and a facsimile in the parent world.

Before generating LOD, either remove the duplicated from the plugin (together with the reported wild edits near cell 0,0 - which are curiously initially disabled) or add a line to ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_childworldlod_Tamriel.txt

tpos_ultimate_esm.esp;00765A72;WHmaingate

which will instruct DynDOLOD to ignore the gate. This will be included in the next update.

I am curious about something else, unrelated. Do you have any mod overwriting any meshes from tpos?

Good day Sir,

Even through I read the whole FAQ that comes with DynDOLOD and ransacked many posts here, I only get a glimpse of what is actually going on - despite me modding Skyrim for years *feels bad*!  :teehee: Back to topic: 

# TPOS WHmaingate

I tried forwarding the xx765A72 record to my Conflict Resolution Patch and flag it with "initially disabled". Well, that doesn't work :(. Next option is "tpos_ultimate_esm.esp;00765A72;WHmaingate" in DynDOLOD_SSE_childworldlod_Tamriel.txt - DynDOLOD is generating meshes right now! I'll keep you posted :)

# TPOS overwrites

The mod comes with many meshes, bto and btt files - which are LODs if I am correctly - included. The 3D tree mod overwrites the btt's, what shouldn't be a problem, because trees are generated from scratch via billboards anyway. No other meshes are overwritten. Btw, when I hide all btt and bto files in MO2, the endresult is still the same (and DynDOLOD_Output overwrites the bto's. So no surprise, right?!).

Really fishy is the LOD of the Windhelmbridge in general, once TPOS is installed (With or without DynDOLOD!). It seems that the wrong LOD(8?) is loaded too early or undload too late. The result looks like this:

00d9aa-1515259878.png510ae9-1515259873.png

I cannot mouseclick the LOD in the right picture to look it up - does that mean its a bto file without a record in one of the esp/esm?

Thanks for your time sheson, I really appreciate it :)

FYI: I tried the 3D Tree Lod generation over night. Looks kind of better, but the leaves and needles from 3D Trees are missing and therefore Skyrim looks dead :D. Not to mention that the LODs are now 21GB with a 50% fps hit :D (But that was pointed out in the FAQ).

Edited by Maddin

Sheson, your the best  :woot:  :clap:  Adding tpos_ultimate_esm.esp;00765A72;WHmaingate solved the LOD issue of the door. How do you find the source of those problems? Is that easier in the creation kit than xEdit?

67ab2f-1515263349.png

cheers,

Maddin

Really fishy is the LOD of the Windhelmbridge in general, once TPOS is installed (With or without DynDOLOD!). It seems that the wrong LOD(8?) is loaded too early or undload too late. The result looks like this:

I cannot mouseclick the LOD in the right picture to look it up - does that mean its a bto file without a record in one of the esp/esm?

Thanks for your time sheson, I really appreciate it :)

FYI: I tried the 3D Tree Lod generation over night. Looks kind of better, but the leaves and needles from 3D Trees are missing and therefore Skyrim looks dead :D. Not to mention that the LODs are now 21GB with a 50% fps hit :D (But that was pointed out in the FAQ).

Regarding the LOD of the Windhelm bridge, The image shows the vanilla LOD model. Make sure DynDOLOD Resources, which contains a better version, overwrites the LOD source models (the ones in ..\meshes\lod\*.* and subfolders, especially

..\Meshes\lod\windhelm\windhelmbridge_lod*

Sounds you did 3D tree LOD with full model fallbacks which often have the problem that there alpha channel and threshold setting for the leaves textures is not suitable for the hardcoded LOD transparency at 128. Best would be to only use tree mods that ship with proper (hybrid) 3D LOD models and only use the default billboard fallback.

Sheson, your the best  :woot:  :clap:  Adding tpos_ultimate_esm.esp;00765A72;WHmaingate solved the LOD issue of the door. How do you find the source of those problems? Is that easier in the creation kit than xEdit?

cheers,

Maddin

Great.

The xEdit screenshot you posted was all I needed, really to know that I need to doublecheck. I never use CK really for anything really. In game console/click object for form id and xEdit to look them up. If you build references info, it is easy to find all references which use a base record, in this case the WHmaingate.

Edited by sheson

Sounds like I have been overdoing the clean save routine :)

Ok thats much better, so disable and uninstall DynDOLOD plugins and all generated files. Load up the game and then go indoors somewhere, Save. Load up the game wait just 24 hours and save. Install the newly generated DynDOLOD plugins and files, then play on and all should be hunkydory.

Thats a much better routine, I was waiting out the full skyrim cell reset times for everywhere before.

After I get home again tomorrow morning will install the latest build of the plugins and files again, and venture outdoors and see if once again I do not get any DynDOLOD messages.

But since starting to get to grips with this new beta a few days ago I have not seen one message. I recall seeing them for oldrim many moons ago when I think I did have SkyUI installed for a short while back then, but I prefer the Vanilla UI for my eyes (I know SkyUI has settings to tailor it to preferences which may be better for individuals eyesight but I would rather not tailor SkyUI to look like vanilla .. and just keep vanilla, and one less beta plugin).

Is there anything I can do to try and weed out what may possibly interfere with the on screen messages ?, or would their be a record of when it should have triggered somewhere (maybe switching on the games papyrus logging and looking for a keyword) ?

Insert a 24 hours wait right after going indoors before the first save.

If the successful message does not show, there usually should be some other error message instead. If no message shows at all, it would usually mean the save already has a saved script instance for the DynDOLOD Master script, e.g. it is already in the running state. Try a new game with coc whiterun from main menu.

Those success/error messages are not duplicated to the papyrus log right now, which they probably could for extra verbosity.

Bingo - New game coc Whiterun .. Messages appearing. Starting a new game entirely :)

Thank you.

Edit : PS I am not experiencing any other problems so far, now using a setup thats a bit more advanced and not using the wizard, good to see windows glowing everywhere again and candles from a distance.

I dont know if you were around for the Oblivion part of the series, but the windows glow gives me the same feeling Animated Window Lighting System and Chimneys (AWLS) used to, its a bit of detail polish that just adds to the immersion so nicely, especially in misty conditions.

Edited by alt3rn1ty

Bingo - New game coc Whiterun .. Messages appearing. Starting a new game entirely :)

Thank you.

Edit : PS I am not experiencing any other problems so far, now using a setup thats a bit more advanced and not using the wizard, good to see windows glowing everywhere again and candles from a distance.

I dont know if you were around for the Oblivion part of the series, but the windows glow gives me the same feeling Animated Window Lighting System and Chimneys (AWLS) used to, its a bit of detail polish that just adds to the immersion so nicely, especially in misty conditions.

I had that mod installed too in Oblivion. 

When generating LODs for The People of Skyrim I get the following error:

Exception in unit userscript line 299: Error: No model, can not create a dynamic LOD base record for TPOS_JOKE_06 [sTAT:954FFB47] in tpos_ultimate_esm.esp

The error message is self explanatory. Make sure the referenced model ..\meshes\stroti\tree house\clutter miscitem\bookdeco.nif that is used by base record TPOS_JOKE_06 [sTAT:954FFB47] is available in the load order.

The file is part of the standard tpos installation.

@Dragon Prince. That's the thing though, it is as far as I can tell. All the esps are activated. I'm using the new immersive citizens patch for TPOS created by the TPOS author. It only touches navmeshes though so I can't see it being an issue. Could having housing mods overwrite meshes from TPOS cause this problem?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just trying this for the first time.  The video guides I'm seeing advise to install Dyndolod patches for various other mods like Lanterns of Skyrim, but the required files in the OP don't mention any patch file.  There's a patch file on Nexus, but it's much older, version 2.23, and appears to be for oldrim.  Can you please clarify what is needed to patch for other mods in SSE?  I'd be grateful for a link.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just trying this for the first time.  The video guides I'm seeing advise to install Dyndolod patches for various other mods like Lanterns of Skyrim, but the required files in the OP don't mention any patch file.  There's a patch file on Nexus, but it's much older, version 2.23, and appears to be for oldrim.  Can you please clarify what is needed to patch for other mods in SSE?  I'd be grateful for a link.

There are no patches available for Skyrim SE at this time as I do not pro-actively test compatibility with mods while Skyrim SE is a broken mess of bugs that are not fixed by Bethesda.

If Lanterns of Skyrim is a straight port to SE without changes to the script that the patch updates, it could probably work.

I can't speak to what it was at release, but I just recently returned to the game and played SE for the first time. I've played heavily modded for over 30 hrs and had VERY few issues. If it's a "broken mess of bugs" I've not experienced it. I've only encountered one mod so far that gave me major issues. LOOT is better than it's ever been and I've only had to manually reorder 2 mods (1 if you don't include the aforementioned broken mod). Seems like a really good time to be working on SE from a predominantly player standpoint.