DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

So after rerunning DynDOLOD all problems seem gone. DynDOLOD works properly and every floor is where it should. 

I don't have any idea what might have caused this bug, but at least it's fixed right now. 

In case you're interested, here is the latest log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XUZJxxZsEyYGu3JA6_UksM0CYNqrC0Cg/view

That is great. I already wondered quite a bit how that might have happened in the first place. It seemed very odd and from the log nothing stuck out. Anyways. Enjoy.

My problem with Waterfalls was as suspected due to my misunderstanding about turning off Large Objects in the game launcher options, they are all working fine again at any distance now I have put the game settings back to defaults for this machine.

My problem with Waterfalls was as suspected due to my misunderstanding about turning off Large Objects in the game launcher options, they are all working fine again at any distance now I have put the game settings back to defaults for this machine.

Thanks for the update.

sheson, do you have a reasonably non-tech explanation how you worked around the SSE's LOD bug?

Most of the large reference bugs only happen when existing data from Skryim/Update/DLC *.esm is modified by an *.esp. If the same modifications are done by an *.esm it is usually fine, with a few exceptions.

So whatever DynDOLOD needs to do in regards to large references it does in DynDOLOD.esm and for the few exceptions just doesn't do them at all or in a different way that is not including the large reference system.

This thread might be of interest https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12977-flickering-lod-magical-college-of-winterhold/ in case the technical bug report from Docs\SkyrimSELargeRefGrid\SkyrimSE-LargeRefGrid.html is too abstract.

Hi,

I am sorry if this was posted here already a 100th times, but I couldn't find any related topic that helps me (or I understand :'D). After running DynDolod like 10 times, I cannot pick out what causes the wrong LODs at the Windhelm bridge. Please see the picture below:

abd7e7-1515179692.png

What can be the cause of LODs not dissappearing in near sight?

LOAD ORDER:

- The People of Skyrim

- Snowy AF Windhelm

- Skyrim 3D Trees

[...]

DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.36 beta

- Vanilla Skyrim and Dragonborn Billboards (maybe I don't need them?)

- Skyrim 3D Trees Billboards 3.02 

- Majestic Mountains LOD PACK (works better this way, dunno why)

- TexGen_Output

- DynDOLOD_Output

the dyndolod.esp loads last, only before bashed and my personal conflict resolution patch (which only affects weapons, armors, interior cell lighting ... etc.).

PS: Is there any guide that highlights what pre-generated LODs or meshes or textures or [anythin] could alter the DynDOLOD process? I watched several videos already (gamerpeots, weasel, yours ;-) ...)

thanks in advance

Edited by Maddin

Hi,

I am sorry if this was posted here already a 100th times, but I couldn't find any related topic that helps me (or I understand :'D). After running DynDolod like 10 times, I cannot pick out what causes the wrong LODs at the Windhelm bridge. Please see the picture below:

What can be the cause of LODs not dissappearing in near sight?

PS: Is there any guide that highlights what pre-generated LODs or meshes or textures or [anythin] could alter the DynDOLOD process? I watched several videos already (gamerpeots, weasel, yours ;-) ...)

thanks in advance

Seems to me the LOD is correct, but didn't unload.

See FAQ: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full model

Could also be not following 2 step generation required for Open Cities. Could also be the game engine. See recent discussion with mohaderhangen

Open console, click object, verify you have the correct object by using disable/enable in console, note form id and look it up in xEdit to see what record it is and what its EditorID ([source-plugin-name]_[source-form-id] points to. If the object has no form-id then it is static object LOD and a game engine problem that should clear with a save/load.

We do these same troubleshooting steps every time and then I also always also ask for the DynDOLOD log to be uploaded or pasted to pastebin.

The included manual and reference *might* mention that LODGen.exe uses terrain LOD meshes to optimize object LOD (remove unseen faces).

If tree LOD generation is not checked, then existing tree LOD is scanned to build a list of trees that have tree LOD. However that will typically not have good results, since tree LOD does not preserve load order information of plugins that add tree references with the well known outcomes that pre-made LOD that wasn't made for the exact same load order is always incorrect and results in wrong/weird tree LOD textures and stuck tree LOD.

So under normal circumstances only terrain LOD meshes (something DynDOLOD does not generate) matter for generating static object LOD.

Edited by sheson

Thank you for the fast reply, master sheson :)

I did as you said and started a new game with "coc windhelmbridge02". Mouseclicked on LOD with active console and disable and enable it works, but the LOD b2008756 is loaded again when I zoom out and reenter the cell (with tcl). when I am far away from Windhelms Entrydoor, the LOD is displayed correctly.

The wrong LOD still persists but I now know the source: The people of tamriel (tpos_ultimate_esm.esp). Honestly, I don't know what to do with this information, now. Do I have to disable/hide some files inside the "The People of Skyrim" Mod, when Dyndolod generates the LOD? Right now, I am reading through the DynDOLOD_manual_SSE.html in search for answers, but appreciate any direct tip or suggestion highly :).

5eb20e-1515199597.gif

Btw, I don't have open cities installed and know from experience that near sight LODs happen one ignores the right OC-install-process.

cheers,

kyoharu

Edited by Maddin

SOrry, I forgot the DynDOLOD_SSE.log. Sadly, it's too large for pastebin, so I'll add it here as googledrive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gmFZLRnj_ADnuBU2M8JwECvOSw5dFIHm/view?usp=sharing

One thing bothers me: DynDOLOD may use the wrong Skyrim.ini and plugins.txt, because they are loaded from "My Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition" and "AppData/Loca/Skyrim Special Edition" (!?). I have an Mod Organizers plugins.txt that differs from the one in AppData. However, the plugin list in the DynDOLOD log file is correct. Very strange, I feel like I am missing the basics here  :unsure:

Edited by Maddin

Thank you for the fast reply, master sheson :)

I did as you said and started a new game with "coc windhelmbridge02". Mouseclicked on LOD with active console and disable and enable it works, but the LOD b2008756 is loaded again when I zoom out and reenter the cell (with tcl). when I am far away from Windhelms Entrydoor, the LOD is displayed correctly.

The wrong LOD still persists but I now know the source: The people of tamriel (tpos_ultimate_esm.esp). Honestly, I don't know what to do with this information, now. Do I have to disable/hide some files inside the "The People of Skyrim" Mod, when Dyndolod generates the LOD? Right now, I am reading through the DynDOLOD_manual_SSE.html in search for answers, but appreciate any direct tip or suggestion highly :).

5eb20e-1515199597.gif

Btw, I don't have open cities installed and know from experience that near sight LODs happen one ignores the right OC-install-process.

cheers,

kyoharu

This is DynDOLOD 2.36 SE BETA and I am not pro-actively testing compatibility with mods while Skyrim SE is a broken mess of bugs that are not fixed by Bethesda.

You might notice the short list of compatible mods compared to the Skyrim version.

The LOD of the gate should not really have a form id, but rather be static LOD usually. I will need to check what tpos does and then typically add some rules to fix stuff like that.

One thing bothers me: DynDOLOD may use the wrong Skyrim.ini and plugins.txt, because they are loaded from "My Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition" and "AppData/Loca/Skyrim Special Edition" (!?).

DynDOLOD is using the correct and very much the same INIs and plugins.txt like the game. You might want to read up on how MO works in the background "updating" those files virtually before starting an executable.

Edited by sheson

How do we access the MCM menu ?

I cant find it in any of the game settings menus, Game version and SKSE version show correct, so I believe I should be able to access a DynDOLOD menu somewhere in there, but cant find it.

hTePIi7.png

I also do not get a message top left of the screen when the game starts indicating that DynDOLOD is running, but the esm and esp are active

SKSE64 runtime: initialize (version = 2.0.6 01050170 01D386DE145C1F15, os = 6.2 (9200))
imagebase = 00007FF7C1230000
reloc mgr imagebase = 00007FF7C1230000
config path = D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\skse.ini
plugin directory = D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\
checking plugin D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\PapyrusUtil.dll
plugin D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\PapyrusUtil.dll (00000001 papyrusutil plugin 00000001) loaded correctly
dispatch message (0) to plugin listeners
no listeners registered
dispatch message (1) to plugin listeners
no listeners registered
init complete
hooked dinput
dispatch message (6) to plugin listeners
no listeners registered
Reading translations from Interface\Translations\Run For Your Lives_ENGLISH.txt...
dispatch message (8) to plugin listeners
no listeners registered
save name is Save117_447A163A_1_5068616964_WhiterunWorld_012026_20180106103829_27_1
full save path: D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves\\Save117_447A163A_1_5068616964_WhiterunWorld_012026_20180106103829_27_1.skse
dispatch message (2) to plugin listeners
no listeners registered
loading co-save
Loading mod list:
(0 -> 0) Skyrim.esm
(1 -> 1) Update.esm
(2 -> 2) Dawnguard.esm
(3 -> 3) HearthFires.esm
(4 -> 4) Dragonborn.esm
(5 -> 5) Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
(6 -> 6) Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
(7 -> 7) DynDOLOD.esm
(8 -> 8) RelightingSkyrim_SSE.esp
(9 -> 9) Ars Metallica.esp
(10 -> 10) Smilodon - Combat of Skyrim.esp
(11 -> 11) Audio Overhaul Skyrim.esp
(12 -> 12) SimplyBiggerTreesSE.esp
(13 -> 13) Run For Your Lives.esp
(14 -> 14) Inigo.esp
(15 -> 15) Keld-Nar.esp
(16 -> 16) Bashed Patch, 0.esp
(17 -> 17) DynDOLOD.esp
Loading light mod list:
Loading menu open/close event registrations...
Loading key input event registrations...
Loading control input event registrations...
Loading mod callback event registrations...
Loading crosshair ref event registrations...
Loading camera event registrations...
Loading actor action event registrations...
Loading NiNode update event registrations...
Loading SKSEPersistentObjectStorage data...
Loading SKSEDelayFunctorManager data...
dispatch message (3) to plugin listeners
no listeners registered
cleared save path

Edited by alt3rn1ty

How do we access the MCM menu ?

I cant find it in any of the game settings menus, Game version and SKSE version show correct, so I believe I should be able to access a DynDOLOD menu somewhere in there, but cant find it.

hTePIi7.png

I also do not get a message top left of the screen when the game starts indicating that DynDOLOD is running, but the esm and esp are active

The MCM requires SkyUI. Then click on "Mod Configuration" in that screen. The message "DynDOLOD successfully initialized" *should* show regardless of SkyUI being installed or not.

Edited by sheson

ah, ok, so without SkyUI after a rebuild to test different setups out .. A clean save just consists of remove mod and sit it out for 30 days indoors :

In the docs there does not seem to be any facility to do a full clean save routine without SkyUI being installed ..

"If an existing save is updated from scratch, follow the 'clean save' cycle: first deactivate DynDOLOD from MCM, wait for deactivation message, go into interior, check MCM DynDOLOD is still deactivated, save, exit game. Remove old DynDOLOD.esp, in case papyrus scripts are updated remove the old scripts (see update post), remove old meshes/skse/textures from former output. Start game, load last save, wait a bit, save again. Install new papyrus scripts in case they are updated, the new DynDOLOD.esp and the new generated LOD. Enable the new DynDOLOD.esp. Start game, load the last save, go outside. DynDOLOD should initialize by itself, else activate from MCM."

But SkyUI is not a requirement. Or is there a console command to stop DynDOLOD first when we do not have SkyUI ?

------------

Edit : Just rechecked in game .. The message never comes up for me.

Edited by alt3rn1ty