Skyrim Installation Guide

Why instruct to install Vano89 using NMM? There is a WB wizard as well. Vote never to recommend an installer and bias towards WB if anything.

I guess that I like the original better :(

Intro to BSAopt and DDSopt were nice add-ins and so were the DLC performance tweaks.

Why instruct to install Vano89 using NMM? There is a WB wizard as well. Vote never to recommend an installer and bias towards WB if anything.

I guess that I like the original better :(

Intro to BSAopt and DDSopt were nice add-ins and so were the DLC performance tweaks.

I was a bit rushed I forgot the wizard, will add that.

The ddsopt section with be a 4th option, I didn't have time for that yet, next week. It will include all the optional goodies your missing :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Fri, here a post from me from an other thread, it refers to the sli-bug-workaround in your SIG:

Yep, came back here, because I remembered you said something like that!

There is also another bug with sli and water, if you didn't notice:

Reflections on water shake/jump rapidly when moving from side to side.

Only known fixes:

a) disable sli

b) enable 3D

c) turn off water reflections for sky, objects, land and trees in skyrim game launcher (or skyrim.ini if you prefer it this way, note that if you only disable bUseWaterReflections you will still get reflections on water when playing, but none on the map plus the reflections look kinda weird.)

There is a problem with c) though: the game looks shitty. Of course there is a tradeoff possible: the reflections of trees are the most noticeable nuisance. You can keep the other reflections on. You'll notice the jumping only when paying lots of attention to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this might be posted elsewhere, but how do you rollback to a previous Skyrim patch? Trying to reinstall the latest STEP and it calls for Official Patch v1.5.26.0. Seems like an easy fix for me but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Hrmm.. thanks! It seems like when I reinstalled steam then skyrim (following the guide as you mentioned), steam automatically updated me to patch 1.6 (the one w horse combat). Am I correct in assuming that I'm stuck with this patch and can't rollback now? Thanks for your advice!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, thanks! I'm going through the latest STEP guide when I have free time (organizing through Wrye Bash finally on a dedicated SSD) and everything seems to being running fine. I'm still getting the installers configured and haven't installed any mods yet though. Hopefully it will continue to run smooth!

Also, will the latest STEP guide support the new Dawnguard DLC? Or should we wait until the new version is released? Thanks!

Awesome, thanks! I'm going through the latest STEP guide when I have free time (organizing through Wrye Bash finally on a dedicated SSD) and everything seems to being running fine. I'm still getting the installers configured and haven't installed any mods yet though. Hopefully it will continue to run smooth!

Also, will the latest STEP guide support the new Dawnguard DLC? Or should we wait until the new version is released? Thanks!

You might want to hold off on using the guide, it's quite outdated and we're less then a few weeks away from a new one.  At the moment there aren't very many mods for Dawnguard (although that'll change very soon) so there isn't much to support.  In the future we'll probably make a "Dawnguard Pack", but don't expect it any time soon.