Skyrim Installation Guide

That looks good.

I'm working on a real newbies' introduction to modding, while being a newb is still very fresh in my mind and a certain conceptual approach appeals to me. It doesn't touch on installation though, and isn't STEP specific, so we shouldn't both be inventing the wheel.

A little overlap is actually preferred imho.

My focus is primarily on educating the user about skyrim, while putting it into a helpful context with other factors that influence it. I am using the installation process as a vehicle to deliver this information to the unsuspecting user mwhahahahah. :angel:

• 2 weeks later...

Work is once again underway, RL business is slowing down, free time returning

Excellent :) Are you looking for constructive criticism on this? If so I'll pop it on my 'reading list' ;) [qualification = BA Eng Lit (hons) Just don't ask me to be a grammar nazi - I got into computers originally to correct my spelling, lol]

I'm thinking of changeing the name to "Introduction to all things Skyrim", just not enough meat in the installation itself... And criticism is always appreciated, especially if you can point out that I am heading in the wrong direction before I am a few miles down the path :)

Lots of great info in the guide. It will be popular, and you will find yourself answering many questions ;)

I found it useful as well for my own purposes, as I was not sure what the top-of-the-line mobo/processor combos were for sure.

Note on Crossfire using 1 Gb cards: I use the ATI 6850 (Sapphire, 1Gb) in Xfire, and see a significant performance improvement in FPS (10-20 FPS consistently), so while my VRAM limit is still capped identically, I think that the GPU performance gain is of significant benefit. The ATI Xfire drivers are well suited to Skyrim, and there is even an Xfire app config for TESV. Bang for the buck is definitely not worth buying two 1 Gb cards, but if you already have them, it would be highly advisable to put both to good use ;)