Skyrim Flora Overhaul (by vurt)

JudgmentJay

1 ) Yeah, 183 is for both basic and regular

2) use the one for 181b, and put it lower in the install order than the 183 update.

I'm using this setup and it works well. I asked mroe or less the same question to vurt some time ago, the conversation is here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/459497-vurts-skyrim-flora-overhaul/?p=9366880

When you say lower in the install order, do you mean have it installed right BEFORE the v183 update?

Also, which LoD mods are you using? Just the ones included with STEP? So enhanced distance terrain/enhanced distnce terrain 2/HD Enhanced Terrain/high quality lods?

EDIT: Wait, STEP doesn't have Detailed Terrain and Tree LoD? I was talking about the Recolored Pines/LoD optional on Vurt's page. Are those the same thing?

ow wait I linked you the wrong post lol. Can't find the other anymore. Install order is:

181b

183 patch

recolored pines and LOD

recolored pines & Detailed Terrain and Tree LOD are not the same thing. What is being worked on is that they mix and match nicely together (afaik). I use only the terrain noise lod texture from Renn's Detailed Terrain and Tree mod (which is better than Enhanced Distant Terrain imo) but not the others textures. 

ALso on my current install I have absolutely zero other distance/terrain/lod enhancement mods. I found them to be the cause of most of my ILS and also random CTD's. Can only speak for myself though, they cause issues for some people but not for others. I personally don't look that often in the distant, unless I'm standing on a mountain or other high place. But I won't risk my game to become unstable for those few seconds of panorama :)

Oh. I guess Ren's DTTL is still a work in progress...that's why it's not included in STEP yet? I think I understand. Are you using the Basic Version too?

Yes I am, the 'regular' 179e or 182 version tend to cause insolvable ctd's in my game. So far I jhave been unable to identify why, can;'t find many others on mod-related forums that have such issues with SFO but unfortunately I do. But since Vurt fixed the yellow tundra of 181b in patch 183, I can live with using the basic version :)

Yes I am' date=' the 'regular' 179e or 182 version tend to cause insolvable ctd's in my game. So far I jhave been unable to identify why, can;'t find many others on mod-related forums that have such issues with SFO but unfortunately I do. But since Vurt fixed the yellow tundra of 181b in patch 183, I can live with using the basic version :)[/quote']

Did you mean to say you can live without using the full version? 

Yes I am' date=' the 'regular' 179e or 182 version tend to cause insolvable ctd's in my game. So far I jhave been unable to identify why' date=' can;'t find many others on mod-related forums that have such issues with SFO but unfortunately I do. But since Vurt fixed the yellow tundra of 181b in patch 183, I can live with using the basic version :)[/quote'']

Yeah full I mean :P Time for a coffee ;)

Yes I am' date=' the 'regular' 179e or 182 version tend to cause insolvable ctd's in my game. So far I jhave been unable to identify why' date=' can;'t find many others on mod-related forums that have such issues with SFO but unfortunately I do. But since Vurt fixed the yellow tundra of 181b in patch 183, I can live with using the basic version :)[/quote'']

Yeah full I mean :P Time for a coffee ;)

I've already had a coffee and a diet mountain dew at work so I'm pretty wired on Caffeine.

So apparently if you use the regular version of SFO and combine it with Skyrim Bigger Trees or a different incompatible LoD mod, it will cause LoD problems.

I found this as a possible fix. Do you think this would work?

"Nice but the 1st suggestion did nothing for the split/floating tree lods using 179e. Back to using Vurt's Flora basic edition I guess.

Edit: Pffft, it's not optimal but I found a simple, if not barbaric solution for the split/floating tree LODs when using Vurt's 179e or summer ed.

Delete ----> Skyrim\Data\Textures\terrain\Tamriel\trees\tamrieltreelod.dds or replace it with the tamrieltreelod.dds from the basic edition."

If I'm using the v181 Basic Version, should I?

1.) Be using the v183 update?

2.) If so, do I use the Recolored Pines and LODs for Regular v182 and v183 or the Recolored Pines and LODs for Basic v181b?

Still recommend Basic v181b for STEP with Recolored LOD. 183 update should work, but still use the 181b LOD unless you are using the Regular 182 as a base .. then you would use the Regulare 182/3 Recolored LOD.

Also, to clarify some of the comments/questions in previous posts:

Regarding distant terrain (these will NOT cause CTDs or other issues ... those have other unrelated causes):

• Recommend using your favorite terrain noise map (e.g., DTTL, EDT-Earth, HDET)
  • Highly recommend EDT2, it is a great terrain improvement at no additional performance cost.
CTDs could be caused by a number of LOD mods, but I suspect one of the bigest culprits is Vurts 4k LODs in his "Regular" versions of SFO. Simply use DDSopt to reduce to 2k or 1k. There is no detectable loss in quality. Don't sac Skyrim Distant Waterfalls though.

Vurt's Regular versions - the diversity plugin could cause issues as could the inclusion of many custom grasses and iMaxGrassSize(?)=6+

Sticking with Basic version (with 183 patch if you don't like the brown tundra grass) will be the best performance for quality tradeoff.

2.) If so, do I use the Recolored Pines and LODs for Regular v182 and v183 or the Recolored Pines and LODs for Basic v181b?

Still recommend Basic v181b for STEP with Recolored LOD. 183 update should work, but still use the 181b LOD unless you are using the Regular 182 as a base .. then you would use the Regulare 182/3 Recolored LOD
Got it, thanks. And what about Renn's DTTL? Is that just a work in progress? I know Skyrim Revisited uses it.

Still recommend Basic v181b for STEP with Recolored LOD. 183 update should work, but still use the 181b LOD unless you are using the Regular 182 as a base .. then you would use the Regulare 182/3 Recolored LOD
Got it, thanks. And what about Renn's DTTL? Is that just a work in progress? I know Skyrim Revisited uses it.
I added more reference to my prev post ...

DTTL is not polished at all with regard to LOD. I know this from working with the LOD. None of them really match SFO at all (haven't checked the updates though). The 181b LOD is just a mis-recolored vanilla LOD. The noise map is good though, but it does break up the distant roads.

SFO Recolored uses vanilla 1k LOD base for Basic 181b (I may look at using the SFO 2k custom versions though in next release) and SFO 4k bases for the Regular versions.

Got it. Thanks. One more thing. The basic version requires iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=6 but the v183 update says to use iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=7. If we are using the basic version with the v183 update' date=' should we use iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=6 or iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=7? [/quote']

Use 7, as 183 probably introduces another grass type.

Got it. Thanks. One more thing. The basic version requires iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=6 but the v183 update says to use iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=7. If we are using the basic version with the v183 update' date=' should we use iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=6 or iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=7? [/quote']

Use 7' date=' as 183 probably introduces another grass type.

[/quote']

This forum is the best. thanks.

Version 1.84 is just out. It has both a basic and a regular version. @DoYouEvenModBro it should be easier to install this, since I suppose it wouldn't need the 183 update and you probably can just let the recolored pine and trees overwrite 184 (if you want them). I'd still use grassonsteroids though, similar grass for the same or less performance hit. Changelog:

* Requires iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=7 in your skyrim.ini (below [grass]) just put in [grass] if it's not there already.

* Tons of tweaks and additions to grass meshes and textures (green forests and tundra mostly)

* Tried my best to tweak colors for both ENB and vanilla, though a preset that resembles the vanilla saturation will obviously look best.

Version 1.84 is just out. It has both a basic and a regular version. @DoYouEvenModBro it should be easier to install this, since I suppose it wouldn't need the 183 update and you probably can just let the recolored pine and trees overwrite 184 (if you want them). I'd still use grassonsteroids though, similar grass for the same or less performance hit. Changelog:

* Requires iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=7 in your skyrim.ini (below [grass]) just put in [grass] if it's not there already.

* Tons of tweaks and additions to grass meshes and textures (green forests and tundra mostly)

* Tried my best to tweak colors for both ENB and vanilla, though a preset that resembles the vanilla saturation will obviously look best.

Once again very different... I like it but its gonna take a bit to get used to... harvesting out in the tundra can be quite challenging in this version...