Skyrim Flora Overhaul (by vurt)

JudgmentJay

yeah you can't use 2 esp's with the same name, though i'm not sure how it works with NMM, i dont use NMM personally since i think it just makes things more confusing.. i guess having 1.83 lower in the load order will give the new .esp priority over the old.

yeah you can't use 2 esp's with the same name' date=' though i'm not sure how it works with NMM since i think it just makes things more confusing.. i guess having 1.83 it lower in the load order will give the new .esp priority over the old.[/quote']

Should I only enable the esp from v183 and disable the one from v181b? What does v183 do?

yes only the one from the latest. v1.83 has some changes to the .esp' date=' it adds one more grass mesh for the tundra and it slows down the wind animation for one of the meshes that was far too chaotic.[/quote']

It adds the mesh even on the basic version, right? I finally figured out btw why I had such a weird LoD problem from V179e. It was because of Skyrim Bigger Trees. Works fine with Basic though. Basic seems to be much more compatible with other mods. 

1 ) Yeah, 183 is for both basic and regular

2) use the one for 181b, and put it lower in the install order than the 183 update.

I'm using this setup and it works well. I asked mroe or less the same question to vurt some time ago, the conversation is here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/459497-vurts-skyrim-flora-overhaul/?p=9366880

2) use the one for 181b, and put it lower in the install order than the 183 update.

I'm using this setup and it works well. I asked mroe or less the same question to vurt some time ago, the conversation is here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/459497-vurts-skyrim-flora-overhaul/?p=9366880

When you say lower in the install order, do you mean have it installed right BEFORE the v183 update?

Also, which LoD mods are you using? Just the ones included with STEP? So enhanced distance terrain/enhanced distnce terrain 2/HD Enhanced Terrain/high quality lods?

EDIT: Wait, STEP doesn't have Detailed Terrain and Tree LoD? I was talking about the Recolored Pines/LoD optional on Vurt's page. Are those the same thing?

When you say lower in the install order, do you mean have it installed right BEFORE the v183 update?

Also, which LoD mods are you using? Just the ones included with STEP? So enhanced distance terrain/enhanced distnce terrain 2/HD Enhanced Terrain/high quality lods?

EDIT: Wait, STEP doesn't have Detailed Terrain and Tree LoD? I was talking about the Recolored Pines/LoD optional on Vurt's page. Are those the same thing?

ow wait I linked you the wrong post lol. Can't find the other anymore. Install order is:

181b

183 patch

recolored pines and LOD

recolored pines & Detailed Terrain and Tree LOD are not the same thing. What is being worked on is that they mix and match nicely together (afaik). I use only the terrain noise lod texture from Renn's Detailed Terrain and Tree mod (which is better than Enhanced Distant Terrain imo) but not the others textures. 

ALso on my current install I have absolutely zero other distance/terrain/lod enhancement mods. I found them to be the cause of most of my ILS and also random CTD's. Can only speak for myself though, they cause issues for some people but not for others. I personally don't look that often in the distant, unless I'm standing on a mountain or other high place. But I won't risk my game to become unstable for those few seconds of panorama :)