General Feedback

I'm using the new beta version (0.7) of LOOT; at very least I suggest installing 0.6.1 (the most recent stable version) and using this versus the version embedded in MO.

Me too.

EDIT:

As evidenced by my later post below, I in fact wasn't running the beta 0.7 version, not sure which version it was but it certainly wasn't what I have now.

This is going to take a bit of getting used to. Thanks to pStyl3 for the answer to my question on the BethSoft forum about this.

Edited by GrantSP

Wrinklyninja adjusted the sorting algorythm with LOOT 0.7.0 Alpha 4-58 (to be downloaded from this Dropbox link), so that the loadorder is more "human-readable", which means if a plugin stands in no direct relation to another plugin, it will be sorted alphabetically. The most recent version of LOOT is as of today, 0.7.0 Beta 2-67, so.

I just tried the latest beta of LOOT on my FalloutNV list and it completely screwed it compared to the stable version. Nothing was in the correct order.

Even in a very minimal list the entire contents were just alphabetized, not 'sorted'.

LOOT Stable

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Detect Traps.esm
Advanced Recon Tech.esm
JIP Selective-Fire.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
oHUD.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Advanced Recon Desert Ranger Helmet.esp
Advanced Recon Gear.esp
JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
FPSWeaponWheel.esp
Advanced Recon Range Finder.esp
Advanced Recon Tech - Detect Traps.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Advanced Recon Armor.esp
Detect Traps - Traponator 4000.esp
Alternative Console Access.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Advanced Recon Tech.esp
JIP Companions Command & Control.esp
FastSleepNV.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp

LOOT beta

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
Advanced Recon Tech.esm
Detect Traps.esm
JIP Selective-Fire.esm
oHUD.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Advanced Recon Armor.esp
Advanced Recon Desert Ranger Helmet.esp
Advanced Recon Gear.esp
Advanced Recon Range Finder.esp
Advanced Recon Tech.esp
Advanced Recon Tech - Detect Traps.esp
Alternative Console Access.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Detect Traps - Traponator 4000.esp
FastSleepNV.esp
FPSWeaponWheel.esp
JIP Companions Command & Control.esp
JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp

I'm using the most recent release of version 0.7 . When I run LOOT on the Fallout 3 plugins the result is not strictly alphabetic sorting. Many of the plugins are sorted alphabetically, but plugins with obvious dependencies (e.g., ones dependent on FWE) are sorted after the related master plugins. I haven't looked with FO3Edit yet to validate the sorting.

I have a mod suggestion for consideration: Bailey's Crossing Metro Opened https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/19758/? It is done by ChuckSteel of Fallout3 Interiors & NV Interiors fame. It moves the Operation Anchorage entrance from just a door, to the actual metro.  He removes the clutter from the entrance, so that now you have to go through the actual metro station.

Edited by Adonis_VII

A mod by Hecintrol for consideration

• Fawkes Re-texture Hi-Res:https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/8721/? It retextures Fawkes and his clothes.  I just hid the Fawkes skin (he details path instructions) to upgrade his clothes while keeping the Hirezd skin.  It's a small mod, but it makes a difference if Fawkes is hanging around all the time.

*EDIT: Fail at links apparently.

Edited by Adonis_VII

Both mods sound quite interesting. I've been trying to figure out how to move them to the Mods topic on STEP since that's what the STEP site now prefers for entering mod suggestions. Anyway, I've started to look at these two.

No, STEP wants to use tags to denote the game name so mods for Fallout 3 should have a "Fallout 3" tag added. If the number of Fallout mods gets large enough they might want to use two forums, but there aren't nearly as many Fallout mods being discussed as Skyrim ones. When the next Fallout comes out there would be a good reason to separate the forums.

Hey,

I'm quite happy I stumbled upon this guide. I thought I had researched FO3 modding pretty well, but looks like I was optimistic. :-)

FWIW I made a tweak mod for the Dragonskin armour mod -- https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/20874/ -- which is compatible with the revised textures in the mod and properly adjusts values for a FWE game.

I might make more in the unlikely scenario where I have more time (also did one for the venerable Leather Backpack mod).

Edited by Ghostwise