General Feedback

Hey Kelmych installing everything all over again since I bought a brand new SSD. Just finished the UI section and I wanted to suggest you something; you should state in the guide before or after the instructions for the menu options in pipboy in the Better High Detail map and Icons mod that the pipboy hud color should be set to white from the ingame menu Settings>Display. All other colors seem to cover with what that color is the whole map menu. Its funny I've never noticed this before since I always used to change my fonts and hud colors to white due to another UI mod I used to install that needed white color to appear properly.

I haven't tested the FICC thing to see the map menu results, but I guess its good to inform people about this little tweak.

Made it to the furthest I've managed to get by following the guide:  It crashes after I choose a face.  Sadly I feel like this is a victory, as my last attempts couldn't even get fallout to start, yet alone select a new game.

Anyone got any suggestions for what might be causing this?  There's no conflicts in my esm/esp's for once, and I even managed to make the bashed patch without it freaking out about missing masters, which is usually my result no matter how carefully I think I'm following the guide.

Face huh?

Drumber : Just a notice, don't use one of my races until exiting Vault 101. This problem will be fixed in the next update.

First post in the comments section of Fallout Character Overhaul - Races mod. In fact I have removed this mod completely from my installed mods list since it is very crash prone or just totally incompatible with Redesigned.

Face huh?

Drumber : Just a notice, don't use one of my races until exiting Vault 101. This problem will be fixed in the next update.

First post in the comments section of Fallout Character Overhaul - Races mod. In fact I have removed this mod completely from my installed mods list since it is very crash prone or just totally incompatible with Redesigned.

Ahhh, fantastic, I'll try removing it, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide Kelmych.  It has helped greatly!

I've followed it very closely and carefully, with a few small differences in which mods I installed.  The plugins total 136 now...

I have a troubleshooting question and I apologize If this is the wrong venue.

I tried quite a while to sort this on my own to no avail and could really use an assist: redirection or any suggestions, etc.  (My General searches haven't been any help...) 

SO, the game starts, looks great, except for the red diamond/white exclam. problem overlaying all humans including my character.  it doesn't seem to be armor related.

Any thought?

Thanks

A white exclamation point indicates a missing mesh. Since it affects all humans it might be one of the meshes used for the human body (vs. clothing or weapons). Does it affect both males and females; the body meshes are different for males and females, of course?

Both Male and Female.  Also, they all seem to be missing hair from what I can see... not sure how that figures in. 

Most are from the vanilla game, some are from mods like "Wasteland Guards" for example.

Game can start from the basic launcher outside MO and there are no exclamations and everyone has their hair...

I also tried starting from MO with several of the mods disabled but must not have hit the correct one(s).

The only mod I see that changes hair is Fallout 3 Revisited (Project Beauty). There aren't any detailed installation instructions for this mod; I'll add them since it can be tricky getting it installed correctly. I thought I had already done this but they aren't in the guide.

Thank You, Thank You Kelmych!  <face-palming myself> Of course, You are exactly right: I turned off Fallout 3 Revisited (and the Blackened patch) and voila! no more exclams!

I must have screwed something up during my install of F3R...

Very much appreciated.  Woo Hoo!  I'll be able to play it now!

Also, let me once again add my thanks for your excellent guide. 

Never having played Fallout 3 before, I would not have known where to begin setting up the game in MO without your guide!  (and now after hundreds of hours in Skyrim and FNV, I am very accustomed to using MO with many mods.)

It's obvious that you have put lots of hard work into it (and continue to do so) so please know that we appreciate it!

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/16554/?

Is this mod included in anything like the Updated Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch or something? If not, then it's another little yet immersive must-have mod.

It doesn't seem to be in the recently updated "Updated Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch". I suggest adding it as a new mod thread in the STEP "Mods" threads using the Fallout 3 tag. It does seem like something that should be added to the guide.