General Feedback

I'm currently browsing in FO3 Edit for weapons and armour from mods in Clear & Present Danger that are not FWE-compliant, either because they were never rescaled or because there's a mod later down the load order that overwrites FWE-scale fixes.

An all-in-one tweaking .esp would be unbearably rigid.

One rescaling ESP for each mod would be absurd (say, an .esp just to FEW-ify the sabre in Arlington Restoration, heh).

So I'm determining sets of mods to tweak as a compromise.

EDIT - In this context, the Item Description Img.esp is a problem - it comes late in the load order, and rewrites all the weapons from the base game (uniques included). I don't have enough experience to say what the best approach would be.

I'm using LOOT 0.7 (alpha) and it occurs earlier. In many cases I've seen the bashed patch seems to handle only using a few records from the Item Description Img.esp

EDIT - FasterMorePowerfulMines.esp (from the Mr. Manchester quest) has more significant effects than I thought at first - frex the Plasma Mine loses all its FWE custom textures, reverting to the vanilla one-piece texture.

When I look the bashed patch doesn't seem to be selecting many if any records from this patch. Perhaps it should be eliminated and handled instead as part of the Puce Moose patch where only a few records from this mod would be used.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, and I hope you get better soon.

Well, as long as I'm sick I get to work on this stuff, heh. About your previous comments/questions :

The instructions for 20th Century weapons Reborn for FWE say to move the 3 plugins with ALIVE in the name to Optional ESPs. If this is done these 3 files aren't masters.

When I made these three ALIVE .esp optionals, ModOrg gave me a missing masters alert so I grudgingly put them back.

Another small clarity improvement suggestion - on the DDSopt guide page at https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:BSA_Extraction_and_Optimization#tab=Setup_BSAopt , the sentence " Instructions for installation and initial setup of BSAopt are available here" links back to the same page and tab.

I found it quite confusing until coffee finally kicked in and I noticed the tabs - the link probably should be to https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:BSA_Extraction_and_Optimization#tab=Setup_and_Use_of_BSAopt instead.

EDIT - the rest of the procedure went swimmingly, thanks for the guides and .bat. Between that and those arcane settings for StutterRemover, the game is fluid even with 2K textures and some downsampling.

Edited by Ghostwise

Did anyone test the new MO version? 

I used it for a reinstall of Type3 (out of the whole shebang I just use the normal map) and it went fine, but IIRC I still had the alternate FOMOD installer preferred.

Incidentally, there was a goof in my second C&PD proto-patch - the AKS wasn't properly overwritten. Now fixed, here's a new file with a more logical naming and a version number, plus modified notes. I tweaked the gun's stats a little bit more to draw more inspiration from real-world AKS-74Us.

https://8f9784a776.test-url.ws/tmp/ClearAndPresentAdjustment_Beauty_Weapons_1_1-1.esp

What it does :

- Restores all FWE stats but keeps Milenia's models
- Restores the UPDATED Unofficial Patch fixes overwritten by Milenia's mods for Charon's shotgun
- The .32 pistols retain their longer reload/jamming time to fit the model change
- In close quarter battle the AKS-74U is somewhat superior to its larger relative the Chinese Assault Rifle (higher ROF, easier to handle in VATs) but at long range it is clearly inferior (less accurate, less range)
Edited by Ghostwise

Well, as long as I'm sick I get to work on this stuff, heh. About your previous comments/questions :

The instructions for 20th Century weapons Reborn for FWE say to move the 3 plugins with ALIVE in the name to Optional ESPs. If this is done these 3 files aren't masters.

When I made these three ALIVE .esp optionals, ModOrg gave me a missing masters alert so I grudgingly put them back.

I'm assuming that all the ALIVE plugins in the 20th centuary mod were either deleted or moved to Optional ESPs.

Did you deactivate the bashed patch you made before removing or moving the 3 ALIVE plugins from 20th Century weapons Reborn for FWE? THe bashed patch is the only plugin I can think of that might have these as masters.

By the way, are your plugins written to load after the bashed patch or before; I'm assuming after so they can fix some bashed patch problems.

Also, the link above points to a STEP forum page, not the revised plugin.

Did anyone test the new MO version? I got it work with all the FNV mods that it did not work with before. I don't even have to turn off the Fomod installer to force external.

I ran MO 1.2.17 on the FWE part 1 mod that wouldn't install with MO 1.2.16. It now installs OK. The GUI screens are not as nice as they were with FOMM - fork, but they are good enough. The GUI screen with Better High Detail Maps and Icons is confusing (as it was with the Legacy Script support) since it doesn't separate the choices into two separate boxes (you pick one choice for each box) as FOMM - fork did, so you have to know that you need to choose two items and you need to know what the options are for each.

I added a comment to the guide about importing bash tags from the LOOT masterlist. This has not been implemented yet in Wrye Flash; it will be added in the next release. Tags currently need to be added manually (unless BOSS is installed and the mod's entries in BOSS are current).

I also tried the FWE part 1 and got it to install correctly but I had to bypass a check for Archive Invalidation.

My MO profiles have that checked in FO3 but the script is checking for ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa but that isn't the way MO does the AI.

Is this just me? Have I overlooked something obvious? I'm not actually playing FO3 lately, just testing certain mods and MO's manner with it. Was I supposed to install that Archive Invalidation mod like I did years back?

By the way, are your plugins written to load after the bashed patch or before; I'm assuming after so they can fix some bashed patch problems.

Also, the link above points to a STEP forum page, not the revised plugin.

D'oh. Link fixed.

About the load order, I do not know how to do that yet - since searches about load order are positively drowned with content intended for mod users, not mod makers.

But then my general assumption with these tweaking mods is that I'm doing the grunt work of determining and writing workable numbers, and that an actually knowledgeable person will eventually take over and make sure the .esp are correctly packaged. I'm reasonably knowledgeable about gameplay, game balance, weapons and armour but I'm a rank beginner with GECK and Wrye tools.

Edited by Ghostwise

I got the same question; I should add that to the guide. It's an error; MO takes care of any Archive Invalidation needed. Using separate Archive Invalidation has been unnecessary for years.

The FOMOD for the main Dimonised Type 3 mod also flashed an alert about a lack of Archive Invalidation.

Help!, I have been playing my clear and present danger game for a while now and have just reached evergreen mill foundry. When entering the building almost all of the interior is missing, its almost all blank. Any ideas what I may have done wrong in my install?

Otherwise the guide has been great. Any help is much appreciated.

The FOMOD for the main Dimonised Type 3 mod also flashed an alert about a lack of Archive Invalidation.

We need to add the occurrence of this dialog box to the MO bug list so Tannin can look into it. For now I will add this to the guide.