Immersive Patrols by Scrabbulor

skwareballz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I have a very very stable install and have added this mod to the install.

since then I have had a few issues and I was hoping somebody could shed some light on the issue!

1 - Freezes, I have never frozen before I use Skyrim Revisited plus skyre and ASIS. Very stable, numerous playthroughs and never a freeze or ctd. I have froze when using a spell on a thalmer patrol and once when walking through the wildnerness path from riverwood to helgen near the crossroads.

2- I attack a thalmer patrol. run away. then every patrol i come across no matter who it is attacks me. I go to a city and they attack me. even in riverwood alven the blacksmith comes at me chasing me off. it seems like it automatically edited every single person in the whole of skyrim to come after me. is this deliberate as it is pretty game breaking.

questions really are, is it a mod conflict issue? do i need a patch? im pretty handy with tes5edit if someone can point me in the right direction

mods i use that MAY affect this (i do not use the battles esp as it messes with skytest.

Skytest

Immersive creatures

skyre

asis

automatic varients

Thanks alot for any help given, it is a really good mod and I really hope that I can keep using it.

sorry for reviving an old topic! I have tried absolutely everything

I cannot say I have really experienced those issues. Sorry if this does not help much. I cannot think of what it would be if you had a stable game before installing this.....I'll share my experience with it anyway.

Two main issues. One issue I have had is the battles plugin freezing my game. That was due to the fact that my system at the time could not handle so many npcs at once. Using the optional "no whiterun" helps..... Also, if you are using the events plugin I would disable it. Poachers and wild dogs spawn in the same spot. It is not random at all. Dogs especially cause issues with killing npcs. They spawn right besides Riverwood and Falkreath no matter what. Immersive creatures has feral dogs anyway. Close to the same, but better implemented. I do not use the Werewolf plugin for that same reason.

I do not use the Dawnguard plugin. I disliked the vampire patrols.

Conflict wise....... it doesn't for any of the mods you mentioned besides maybe asis? (since I do not use it. The others I use and I have had no issue.)

How do the battles mess with skytest? I'm guessing you mean from an in-game level? Since they do not alter any of the same things file/esp wise.

Lastly!! I do really love this mod :) Just not all of it. The normal patrols and travelers are my favorite.

For those using ASIS with this mod and having CTDs or freezes or whatever else, try doing this:

Go to the following folder

/Data > SkyProc Patchers > ASIS

Locate the IncreasedSpawns.ini

Scroll allll the way down to the section with the header "[ModExclusions]"

Add all the Immersive Patrols esps that you have installed under that section. Save the ini. Redo your ASIS patch. Here's a list of Immersive Patrols esps if you just want to be lazy and copy paste the whole lot into there lol:

Immersive Battles.esp

Immersive Brigands.esp

Immersive Dawnguard.esp

Immersive Dragonborn.esp

Immersive Events.esp

Immersive Factions.esp

Immersive Mercenaries.esp

Immersive Patrols.esp

Immersive Travelers.esp

Immersive Werewolves.esp

This significantly decreased my CTDs and freezes when I had both running months ago.

Also, if you're running ASIS + Immersive Patrols + Apocalypse Spell Package (or anything else that adds or changes or does anything with spells):

Go to the AutomaticSpells.ini file

Scroll down to the "[NPCModExclusions]" section

Add the following Immersive Patrols esps:

Immersive Battles.esp

Immersive Patrols.esp

I extensively tested these a while ago and found that a good portion of my CTDs and Freezes were due to magic users brought in by those two were trying to use Apocalypse Spell Package spells on their enemies. As soon as they started lobbing stuff at an enemy the game would stutter and then freeze or CTD a second or so later.

No problem. :D

I think there may be some things I'm forgetting (changes to other ASIS ini's) but on the whole, this should go a long way in decreasing CTDs and/or freezes.

Any incompatibilities between ASIS and Immersive Creatures (I saw someone mention they used this as well) will have to be taken up with the IC mod author. For whatever reason, they also do extra spawns which can only be brought down to a 1% chance in their MCM config. If IC's extra spawn kicks in and ASIS scripts try to add more based on each extra mob spawn, things could get a little funky. Simply adding the Immersive Creatures esps to the exclussions list in ASIS's IncreasedSpawns.ini could actually mean that nothing, at all, added by IC would be affected by ASIS. The mod author should consider adding a 0 to those parameters.

You know with my rather large MOD list of 227 active esp's I have found a more stable solution than ASIS for increased spawns.

DFB - Random Encounters - MCM Update

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32394/?

It has no compatibility issues with immersive patrols as part of a Skyrim Revisited install + extras.

I find where it really has an edge over ASIS with its less heavy scripts and so less CTD's. It also has a great MCM menu where you can customize most anything. The author is adding support for Dragonborn and Falskaar in the next update. Its the same person who makes immersive creatures.

Thank you for all the advice, I will give it a go when I get home from work. I use ASIS and Immersive creatures perfectly together its just the immersive patrols mod that causes any issue when added.

I realise it most likely is not an issue with the mod but with compatibility, I have a feeling it may be spells but I don't use automatic spells in ASIS, I only use increased spawns so it can't be the magic!

When adding immersive patrols, can I add it and avoid having to rebuild my bashed patch? or rebuild my SUM esp (contains ASIS, Automatic Varients and ReProccer) or would I need to included immersive patrols in any bashed patch? If it has no scripts surely I can add it without rebuilding anything, or am I missing some fundamental law of dynamic patches!

Really impressed with the helpful attitude of people on this forum, pretty refreshing to see!

Without STEP and subsequently Skyrim Revisited and then the work on SkyRe/ASIS compatibility by users here I would have given up with Skyrim as I could not make it work!

Well,  I have just tested this and I can confirm that I still crash all over the place with immersive patrols installed. There is clearly a conflict with a mod I have, which I am guessing is probably ASIS. But ASIS i feel brings a lot more to the game than this patrols mod so I will be most likely keeping it.

I dont CTD at all, just freeze, everytime outside Whiterun even with the whiterun battle removed.

Disappointed but I will just live without it, not a game breaker!

Thanks for the advice but sadly it looks like it just won't work with my setup which is a shame. May try a bashed patch and add immersive patrols to it.. i don't know!

• 10 months later...

Has anybody used this mod since the recent 2.0 update? In the past it always caused me some (minor) issues but 2.0 seems like a pretty big overall improvement & general cleanup. Tempted as I am to use it, I just don't want to go through a lengthy testing of IP again though. So if anyone already has some positive or negative experiences with the new version, do speak out!

Edited by Nearox

Like you I have been using this mod for a long time, but I haven't yet updated to version 2.0. Before it became a single plugin I used to merge the modules I wanted to use, typically leaving out the module with the huge stormcloaks vs imperials battles. With the last version I removed this, but I had to do it in TES5Edit. I'll do the same with version 2 since the individual battles can disrupt too many other NPCs.