Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Also , now with uio installed , does that mean i can install the directors chair  and it will instantly work ?

I have not tested Directors chair (DC) yet. My test setup is currently torn apart. From looking at DC you will have to install the following first:

DYNAVISION 2 - Dynamic Lens Effect

The IMAGINATOR - Visual Control Device

CINEMATECH - Film Grains and Styles

The Mod Configuration Menu

Dynavision and Imaginator are single ESPs, cinematech has an ESP, menus and other assets. They do install from MO.

Directors Chair will throw an error whan installed from MO and needs to be installed from FOMM. File menus/prefabs/includes HUDMainMenu.xmI couldn't be extracted is the error.

If you have oHUD installed most likely it will need to be reinstalled and moved to a higher priority to work.

Also , now with uio installed , does that mean i can install the directors chair  and it will instantly work ?

I have been playing with Dynavision version 3 and it works perfectly with UIO, but I did let oHUD overwrite any conflicting files during the installation.

Also, great guide. I am lucky if I have even a single crash during whole week of playing.

Dynavision 3 is a combination of Dynavision, Cinematech, The Imaginator, and The Directors Chair and should not be used with any of the four. It should be installed before One HUD. That is what I found during testing. However, I don't use it because the DDOF causes my game to seriously stutter and lag.

Edited by Audley
  • +1 1

I have been following the Fear and Loathing in New Vegas guide and I am starting to Merge the pluggins. This is new to me so be kind if I sound stupid.

The first one mentioned in the guide is “Merging Fixesâ€; I am having problems understanding steps 8 & 9:

Step 8 reads :

Now go to the "Optional ESPs" tab and move the "Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix.esp" to the Optional ESPs box.

Has the “Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix†not been merged i.e. why is it not being unticked like the other fixes that were merged?

Step 9 reads :

In the left pane of MO, untick Reload Speed Game Start Fix, REPCONN Test Site Fixes, A Thorny Situation, and Safe ShowRaceMen(u), but leave Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix ticked.

Why does the New Vegas Uncut “A Thorny Situation†need to be unticked?

Installation is fine and works. Just one thing. If you install "Veronica Companion Weapon - Recharger Pistol" mod, the author said "If you create a Bashed or Merged patch which includes this mod, make sure that the Form List "NVVeronicaWeapons" does not include Veronica's 10mm Pistol. If it does you will probably experience slowdowns, game freezes, and crashes." So I removed it from the Bashed Patch.

• +1 1

Step 9 reads :

In the left pane of MO, untick Reload Speed Game Start Fix, REPCONN Test Site Fixes, A Thorny Situation, and Safe ShowRaceMen(u), but leave Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix ticked.

Just a typo  i believe  so you can ignore that .

I have been following the Fear and Loathing in New Vegas guide and I am starting to Merge the pluggins. This is new to me so be kind if I sound stupid.

The first one mentioned in the guide is “Merging Fixesâ€; I am having problems understanding steps 8 & 9:

Step 8 reads :

Now go to the "Optional ESPs" tab and move the "Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix.esp" to the Optional ESPs box.

Has the “Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix†not been merged i.e. why is it not being unticked like the other fixes that were merged?

Step 9 reads :

That is a typo since I just copy-pasted those instructions from another merge to keep everything looking the same. Some mods have sounds, meshes, textures, whatever, but you can only untick it after merging if the only asset in the mod is a plugin.

Installation is fine and works. Just one thing. If you install "Veronica Companion Weapon - Recharger Pistol" mod, the author said "If you create a Bashed or Merged patch which includes this mod, make sure that the Form List "NVVeronicaWeapons" does not include Veronica's 10mm Pistol. If it does you will probably experience slowdowns, game freezes, and crashes." So I removed it from the Bashed Patch.

Yeah, that means the merged plugin will also need Deflst as a Bash Tag. I'll add it in. I always forget about that tag since it wasn't part of Oblivion's Bashed Patch and use the Oblivion Wrye Bash Readme to go through and find the tags.

Okay, I'm going to try and give FOMM - Fork a go again. Seems to have the same issue the last time I posted it here, when  I run FOMM and select F:NV an error comes up and says:

---------------------------
Missing FOMod
---------------------------
'ORIGINAL_VALUE.fomod' was deleted without being deactivated.

If you don't uninstall the FOMod, FOMM will close and you will have to put the FOMod back in the mods folder.

Would you like to uninstall the missing FOMod?

When I click yes it gives me an error saying:

A problem occurred during uninstall.

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

The mod was not uninstalled.

Then I get another error saying:

An error occurred while scanning your fomods for new versions.

As long as it wasn't too bad, a crash dump will have been saved in

C:\Users\James\Documents\FOMM\crashdump.txt

Please include the contents of that file if you want to make a bug report

I've done nothing but install it (again.), does anyone have an idea on what this things problem is?