Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Nope, FNV is only in one spot and I wasn't looking at Skyrim; I don't have FO3 installed anymore and everything about is was uninstalled and deleted. Seems to come from something installed on MO though, if I go vanilla or do MO with nothing mod-wise then no enboost text comes up.

Have you tried installing your mods a few at a time like I suggested?

Hey I found out who the culprit is, it's FNV 4GB. I can do a clean game and no enboost files but when I use FNV 4GB there they come along with the text at the start.

Look in the game folder and find the exe folder. THere is probably a d3d9 in there.

Look in the game folder and find the exe folder. THere is probably a d3d9 in there.

Yeah, isn't that what you're supposed to do when using enboost? It's the only thing that involves it in your guide.

Edit: Or is it something you replace when you update enboost?

Edited by Crimson13

Anyone tried the mod Light Step ED-E? https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35526/?

Apparently all it does is give the "Light Step" perk to ED-E (stops it triggering traps). Seeing as this is a hovering robot we are talking about here, it seems like a pretty fundamental fix and relevant for the guide. Might be able to merge it as it sounds like a pretty simple mod.

Alternatively, someone did mention in the posts that you can use the console command "addperk 00031db7" on ED-E to achieve the same thing without another plugin.

Disclaimer: have not tried it out yet, and actually I must say that I've been using ED-E quite a bit and haven't seen it trigger any traps so maybe this is already fixed in an official patch or YUP?

With a fairly old setup (2500K, GTX570 1,2GB, 8GB RAM) I get 50-60, you shouldn't drop from 60 with 970, something's not right

With ENB presets? Full HD+ ? ENB is just a massive fps killer.

How's the fps for everyone using this pack or at least closely? I've been getting around 30 fps outside at best with the optimized textures and it's odd that it should be so; I run Skyrim harder than this and I get 60 fps almost all the time. I even unticked the POCO BUENU mod and it's still not up to par.

ENB preset is the reason. Also if you are using Project Nevada Extra Options - I think Rebalance module is causing a performance degradation over time.

Yeah, isn't that what you're supposed to do when using enboost? It's the only thing that involves it in your guide.

Edit: Or is it something you replace when you update enboost?

At some point it became unnecessary to do it.  I think it may have been an update to MO that changed this.  I used to do it that way too.  The guide should actually be changed, because I notice that it is no longer required to have the ENB file in the "exes" folder.  The only file I currently have in my "exes" folder is "FalloutNV.exe" - and I'm not sure if it's even necessary to even have the "exes" folder at all, because it seems to me as though it's not as the game works fine if I delete that folder.  My Arguments in MO for Modify Executables on the FNV 4GB Loader state "-laaexe .\FalloutnvMO.exe".  That is also a little different than what is in the guide...  Interesting.  I can't seem to recall all the details about this, but I unfortunately do not have the time to spend to look into this right now.  I do know that there is another thread in these forums where this topic was discussed.

The "exes" folder exists purely as a repository for the modified game exe IF you don't explicitly name one.

Since two identically named files can't exist in the same folder, FNV4GB needs to either place the modified one elsewhere or rename it.

The switch you add after the exe: "-laaexe .\FalloutnvMO.exe" is telling the code to keep the modified exe in the same folder but rename it to FalloutnvMO.exe. If you omit that switch FalloutNV.exe will be modified and found in the "exes" folder.

Sometimes ENBs need to be in the exact same folder as the calling exe, hence the need to sometimes place them in the "exes" folder alongside the modified ones.

However as there are so many versions of ENB around they don't all work in the same manner, hence the confusion on where to put them.

None of these things is because of MO or how it handles the patcher.

At some point it became unnecessary to do it.  I think it may have been an update to MO that changed this.  I used to do it that way too.  The guide should actually be changed, because I notice that it is no longer required to have the ENB file in the "exes" folder.  The only file I currently have in my "exes" folder is "FalloutNV.exe" - and I'm not sure if it's even necessary to even have the "exes" folder at all, because it seems to me as though it's not as the game works fine if I delete that folder.  My Arguments in MO for Modify Executables on the FNV 4GB Loader state "-laaexe .\FalloutnvMO.exe".  That is also a little different than what is in the guide...  Interesting.  I can't seem to recall all the details about this, but I unfortunately do not have the time to spend to look into this right now.  I do know that there is another thread in these forums where this topic was discussed.

It's definitely needed to have d3d9.dll inside the exes folder... At least if playing under Win 10. With latest MO

So I'm still having fps problems and now they seem worse. I was getting 60fps for a while but suddenly I just dropped down to about 15-20fps when wandering around. I can use the console command pcb to give me 30-45fps if I stand still outside but as soon as I move a couple feet it drops back to 15-20fps. I figured it was the draw distance that was causing problems but putting them back in vanilla levels changed nothing. Being inside can boost me up to 50fps but sometimes it'll drop to the 15-20fps again.

A question outside of this, has anyone used the New Vegas Configator? It looks like it has quite a few options but considering it deals with the fallout.ini and falloutprefs.ini it's usually good to err on the side of caution.