Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

i was wondering , has anyone got into contact with the author of the  PN- extra options mod for the memory leak problem with the rebalance module ?

EDIT :  just got a look at  new FALLOUT 4  screens  on  PS4.  Dat  distant terrain is in dire need of a mod me thinks  :p:

Edited by thorgal

Avoid merging anything that has "errors" or at least verify afterwards in TES4EDIT that records did merge correctly by comparing them manually with orifginal esps.

That's what I thought, and was why I was surprised to see it. Has anyone else checked this before merging and noticed it? Or it is something unique to my setup? 

i was wondering , has anyone got into contact with the author of the  PN- extra options mod for the memory leak problem with the rebalance module ?

EDIT :  just got a look at  new FALLOUT 4  screens  on  PS4.  Dat  distant terrain is in dire need of a mod me thinks  :p:

It'll probably drop the framerate from 25 to 10 on consoles.

Memory leak problem? Enlighten me.

Memory leak problem? Enlighten me.

A Number of people have reported  a steady drop  in performance when playing the game  . going from  50 fps when starting  to dropping to as low as  20 FPS after 30 minutes .

restarting the game  fixes it again to a high framerate .

After some searching it seems  PN extra options rebalance module might be the culprit .

Drumber?

Will work means it will not crush the game but it doesn't mean that it won't cause the issues.

A guy who is currently supporting PN Extra Options said he will look into it...

A guy I talked to who thinks the memory leak issue is due to Extra Options Rebalance tested with just Darnified UI, PN and Extra Options, and had a minor performance drop after around an hour. Makes sense that it would be exacerbated with more plugins. In my case, the performance drop isn't too extreme, but it's still pretty bad (60fps to 40-45fps).

Edited by Jax765

A guy I talked to who thinks the memory leak issue is due to Extra Options Rebalance tested with just Darnified UI, PN and Extra Options, and had a minor performance drop after around an hour. Makes sense that it would be exacerbated with more plugins. In my case, the performance drop isn't too extreme, but it's still pretty bad (60fps to 40-45fps).

In my case goes down from 45-60 to 25-40 and that's bad. So I had to remove PN EO Rebalance esp and now I don't have any performance drops anymore. Can totally live without Extra Options Rebalance, especially, cause I'm playing with Jsawyer and Vicious Wasteland now.

Also I don't think it's anyhow related to GPU because I've got GTX 970m and once the leak gets in effect even inside interiors avg FPS goes down to 30ish at times.

Edited by raycrios

Huh, wouldn't have thought of it being PN Rebalance being the culprit in the fps slowdown. Unfortunately I like it too much to part with it so I guess I just going to have to restart more often.

Fairly sure it's just the extra options addon for it, not the original Rebalance plugin itself. Could be wrong though.

In my case goes down from 45-60 to 25-40 and that's bad. So I had to remove PN EO Rebalance esp and now I don't have any performance drops anymore. Can totally live without Extra Options Rebalance, especially, cause I'm playing with Jsawyer and Vicious Wasteland now.

Also I don't think it's anyhow related to GPU because I've got GTX 970m and once the leak gets in effect even inside interiors avg FPS goes down to 30ish at times.

So the memory leak is completely gone without the plugin? Have you tested it out with a comparison?
Edited by Jax765

Hello everyone,

I just finished modding my game following this guide and when I rebuild the Bashed patch, it seems that Mod Organizer has some problems.

I launch Wrye Flash through MO without incidents. Rebuild the patch with no problem. The patch is there in the Wrye Flash panel. Hoovering over it shows the pluggins it contains. No error messages, no red warning pluggins, everything looks fine, but when I close Wrye Flash and MO is active again I go to the Override section there's no bashed pluggin to be found, only a Docs folder and inside it, one Bashed Patch text document and one html link to bashed patch.

In the right panel of MO, when the pluggins are listed, I can see the Bashed patch and if I launch the game, everything looks to work fine. Of course, it's just the early game. Maybe later on, I'll notice leveling list not working properly or some other issue that shows that the bashed patch is not properly function it, but as far as I can tell at the moment, the game is working as intended.

So my questions are if there is any reason for the bashed patch not appearing in the override folder as it should, where actually the pluggin is so I can try to move it, why this is happening and how to fix it if anybody knows to and, finally, if it's OK leaving the things as they stand because the game is seemingly working fine.

Dennai, the exact same thing happened for me. MO and my bashed patch did not behave as per the F+L guide. I just enabled the bashed patch and IIRC I made a mod folder with the docs in the overwrite folder but it's a bit pointless as they won't have any effect at all. I have 86 hours in my F+L playthrough with no problems.

What I usually do is wait to run Bash until MO is installed, after running Bash the first time I'll move the overwrite data into a mod called "Bashed Patch Data", and anything else into that folder.

I think Bash has some issues displaying the Bashed report if the HTML files it generates doesn't exist to begin with.