Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I'm using Moraelin's Professional Suits, and I want to add the new suits to leveled lists so that they have a chance of being worn by gamblers and generally any NPCs that wear suits or pre-war outfits. What's the best way to do this in the GECK?

Also, is it normal for the bashed patch to not import these particular items for female models?

dI7b.jpgeI7b.jpg

Edited by Jax765

I'm encountering the same issue as this guy, where my framerate drops from 60 to around 45-50fps after a period of gameplay. Just began a new playthrough, and after loading up a save just outside of Primm, I did the quest to wipe out the powder gangers and appoint a new sheriff, and after completing it, the framerate dropped to 45fps, and I had to reboot the game to bring it back up. Apparently, the cause is the rebalance module of the Project Nevada Extra Options mod. Can anyone else verify that this is indeed the culprit?

Edited by Jax765

My fps drops all the time after playing for a while.  If it bothers you enough, you could just quit the game and load it up again and the problem will be gone for a while.  I don't know what the culprit is - maybe it is PN Rebalance.

That's what I was saying, there seems to be some sort of memory leak, and at least two guys from the link I posted claimed it's due to the rebalance plugin from extra options. I'll try disabling it and testing performance without it.

BTW, has anyone else encountered a weird glitch at the Mojave Outpost where a group of night stalkers literally spawn out of nowhere? Walked past the merchant, and they just appeared randomly (before being gunned down by the soldiers).

EDIT: And now a feral ghoul randomly spawned at the outpost. Weird.

EDIT 2: Small heads up on the Distributed version of Dragbody's NCR Overhaul mod: It screws up the voice modulation on the face wrap armor and helmets, so that the armor produces voice modulation instead of the necessary helmets. Had to make the necessary changes in the geck.

Edited by Jax765

Does anyone use JSawyer together with PN Rebalance?

I do, I'm also using Vicious Wastes which has compatibility patches for both (like the rug that ties the room together.)

I'm still using a conflict resolution patch at the end of my load order, so I can carry forward things like jsawyer's karma tweaks, weapon stat changes, etc.

I do, I'm also using Vicious Wastes which has compatibility patches for both (like the rug that ties the room together.)

I'm still using a conflict resolution patch at the end of my load order, so I can carry forward things like jsawyer's karma tweaks, weapon stat changes, etc.

Nice. Thanks.

Do you use any big quest mods? Do you know how compatible they are going to be? I suppose there shouldn't be many conflicts, right? Probably karma is the only thing to worry about as JSawyer's mod does seem to change it heavily, right?

I've tried to balance my game using PN. Like reducing loot, making bartering harder, reducing Exp from killing mobs to 75% and overall exp gain to 75% while increasing XP rewards for speech, lockpicking and hacking to emphasize questing and these activities and make it less important to rely on killing everything that moves... But still I do feel that JSawyer have done it much better with his mod, so was going to try it myself.

I have a question, though the mod isn't in this guide.

Is it possible to install NVEC through MO even though it's an .exe file? I know MO typically accepts the .fomod, .rar, etc, types of file but I wondering if it could be made to take in NVEC the way it is. I will say that part of my reason is that I could hopefully merge the updated NVB 1+2 inot NVEC and make them work, haha.

Is it possible to install NVEC through MO even though it's an .exe file? I know MO typically accepts the .fomod, .rar, etc, types of file but I wondering if it could be made to take in NVEC the way it is. I will say that part of my reason is that I could hopefully merge the updated NVB 1+2 inot NVEC and make them work, haha.

You might be able to run the .exe through MO and see if it pops out in the Overwrite folder or the FNV folder. 

You can open the archive with 7zip: >right click>"7zip">"Open archive" and extract the Data folder, the mod contains BSA files and some other folders. I did that once and it took me a couple hours to make a compatibility patch for my load order (though I was still learning to use xEdit then).