Gemling Queen Jewelry (by Saerileth)

CJ2311

Forgot to label them, the upper image is Gamwich's retexture (my optional file), the lower one is JotN.

Edit: Here are some cleaned up comparison shots. All images taken with Gemling Queen Jewelry meshes, only the texture varies. Using the 1k version of Gamwich's texture, can't remember which version of JotN it was.

Posted Image

Edited by Saerileth

There will be a Gamwich option for the rings as well soon. I'll put up compares when I have the time, though there the choice will be between SMIM and Gamwich only, there is no vanilla or JotN option for my rings.

Okay, what modules of this mod are we accepting? I would say circlets, rings, and amulets, plus Gamwich 512 (or is 1024 better? They're so small an object.). With the Gamwich amulet textures, Jewels of the Nord should be entirely replaced.

Edit:

Actually Jewels of the Nord would still have the generic rings... :facepalm:

I am using the following in this install order; Jewels of the Nord (genericrings.dds & genericrings_n.dds), SMIM, Gemling Queen Circlets, Gemling Queen Rings, Lefthand Rings (I like the old school D&D 1 ring per hand paradigm), Gemling Queen Lefthand Rings Pack, Gemling Queen Amulets, Gamwich Amulet Retexture 1024 (it even looks nice with the 3 stone amulets).

Looks great, works as intended, I recommend it. I notice a missing (purple!) mesh with my sapphire ring if I uninstall Jewels of the Nord. I also use CCOR/Jewelcraft, so I'm not certain about the source of the "sapphire ring" item, I created it at a forge. Again, recommend the mod list above in that order, thanks to the mod makers for your work. 

@DoubleYou: Actually the generic rings would be covered by SMIM (or does STEP let JotN overwrite that?), I totally forgot to include those in my ring module because they don't have gems. I'll add them when I upload Gamwich's new ring textures and package everything into an all-in-one fomod installer.

@DoubleYou: Actually the generic rings would be covered by SMIM (or does STEP let JotN overwrite that?), I totally forgot to include those in my ring module because they don't have gems. I'll add them when I upload Gamwich's new ring textures and package everything into an all-in-one fomod installer.

That settles that then. I say we drop JoTN and simply use these. Included should be:

• Amulets
  • Circlets
  • Rings (SMIM option for now)
  • Gamwich Retexture 512 (for baseline. Users can up them to the 1024 on they're own if they desire)

Saerileth,

Are you planning on making an all-in-one package that includes all option choices? FOMOD can accomplish this.

• 2 weeks later...

The following is something I was just thinking, so please do not take it like a (pffffttt this is easy.. get working)! :p 

I would think that you can copy the mesh effects over fairly 1:1 in most cases. At least as I recall when I looked at it (I have a thing with crystals (Redid azuras shrine and stuff in blackreach, so flasks where a logical extension). As an added benefit you can test MANY colors/settings quickly since you can give each potion a separate look. Also it is fairly easy to get all potions inside inventory and then test them quickly. Cuts down the "going in and out time" considerably. 

At least that is what I did with Azura´s shrine.... had quite the rainbow cave going on with many difference colors, specular, parallax etc. settings all at once. My main problem was having the 10 nifskope windows open at once! Even with my 1440p monitor! 

But that said then I think it is awesome work you already have done and entirely understand the need to take a break! :D 

Don't worry, I'm not easily offended. ;)

True, I should be able to do some pretty efficient batch testing with the flasks. Making the models themselves isn't that hard either (except that I'm running a bit low on inspiration, so I really do need a break), what's really time consuming is getting pretty normal maps and textures on them. Texturing isn't my strong suit anyways, it's a bit of a love-hate-relationship - fun when things go my way, infuriating when they don't. At least the regular potions aren't white, which is a damn annoying colour to work with (technically it isn't even a colour, I know).

Like I said, I'm tempted, but don't get your hopes up. I might start on some of the other unique potions like the Philter of Phantom, if I can find the time and the muse strikes me. By the way, I love crystal! Gotta check out that Azura replacer you mentioned right away, is it released yet?

On a less off-topic note, got the coding for the fomod-installer done (I think, if it all works as intended). Now I'm waiting for two small things from another modder that I want to include, should be up and running soon.

Edited by Saerileth
  • +1 1