A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Good afternoon,

I'm back again to report what I've done to update my conflict resolution patch using your recommended steps.

Note that I've installed STEP Core (Baseline) + Weather and Lighting Pack + Explorer's Guide Pack with the intention to add WALL and VEGA Extended as well (too ambitious ?? Maybe :confused: ). But life is too short.

BTW please find below my comments:

CELL Only 1 for each comment?? Is it normal??

So

1 - Cell \ Block 6 \ Sub-Block 9 \ 00013818 record from USP

--> I don't see it

1 - Cell \ Block 6 \ Sub-Block 2 \ 0001677A record from USP

--> No conflict at all using ELFX (the enhancer plugin overrides the others);

1 - Cell \ Block 4 \ Sub-Block 3 \ 07018276 ...use record from RavenrockExpanded.esp, then copy the XCCM - SK/Weather to the Conflict Resolution file

--> I guess the record to be moved comes from RavenrockExpanded.esp;

1 - Cell \ Block 2 \ Sub-Block 4 \ 00016BD6 ...Use record from USP

--> I don't see DawnofRiften conflicting with the USP;

1 - Cell \ Block 5 \ Sub-Block 3 \ 00016BCF

--> No block 5 from the UDP;

1 - Cell \ Block 6 \ Sub-Block 3 \ 0001526C

--> No 0001526C Record

Well not much to solve here for me.

Edit: small changes.

Alkira

Hey Alkira, the conflict resolution part of the guide at the moment is just notes from Nearox, quite a few of them have already been fixed in patches, so I went ahead and deleted a bunch of them.

Thanks for the feedback though :)

On another note, all the patches are done, we're just going over all the modifications to Whiterun and should be releasing them tonight if all goes well :D

What approach do you guys take to navmesh patching? Do you try and see what placed objects have been moved by what mod and try not to move them halfway into a wall or out of reach from PC or NPCs? I swear to much TES5Edit can make your eyes bleed.

I hate to even think what goes into that mess with the Beth has always handled navmesh.

Well to be honest, it's not navmesh patching that I'm doing most of the time, it's navmesh redesigning... The mods we're including tend to change the same area's landscape, which means their authors will have also changed the navmesh to keep up with the height changes.

So there's 2 scenarios :

- One of the mods changes the navmesh and terrain, and all the others only change navmeshes : Open everything in the Creation Kit, with the terrain-changing mod last in the load order (to overwrite the other mods) and simply finalize the navmesh on the conflicting cells (and the adjacent cells). (Finalizing a cell's navmesh is done just by pressing a button in CK, easy as hell)

- 2 or more of the mods change the terrain : In this case you have to decide which terrain data to keep, open all the mods in CK, and redo the navmesh of every conflicting cell to account for the terrain changes and new obstacles, as well as move all the items that were added by a mod using a different terrain height.

There's no way to patch navmeshes with Tes5Edit, except for a very few cases where the changes only affect a single triangle, but when it's the case, patching seems rather useless anyway.

Hi,

So you did replace the plugins of most of the mods used in your guide, correct? But where are these? Did I misunderstand something?

REGS - Better City Entrances.esp Active

REGS - Better Docks.esp Active

REGS - Solitude.esp Active

REGS - Whiterun.esp Active

REGS - Windhelm.esp Active

REGS Patch - DLC.esp Active

REGS Patch - NoMercy.esp Active

REGS Patch - RRR.esp Active

REGS Patch - Solitude.esp Active

REGS Patch - Whiterun Interior.esp Active

REGS Patch - Whiterun Outskirts.esp Active

REGS Patch - Windhelm Interior.esp Active

REGS Patch - Windhelm Outskirts.esp Active

Thanks for this work.

I will give any feedback afterwards.

Alkira

If I'm right, your load order for the REGS patches should be :

STEP Core Patch.esp

REGS Patch - DLC.esp

REGS Patch - NoMercy.esp

REGS Patch - RRR.esp

REGS Patch - Solitude.esp

REGS Patch - Whiterun Interior.esp

REGS Patch - Whiterun Outskirts.esp

REGS Patch - Windhelm Interior.esp

REGS Patch - Windhelm Outskirts.esp

Bashed Patch,0.esp

What about the others?

1 - Last in the load order? Or each one after its original (eg REGS - Solitude.esp AFTER Solitude a City of Trade.esp)

OR

2 - BEFORE the STEP Core Patch in the order you gave above?

REGS - Better City Entrances.esp

REGS - Better Docks.esp

REGS - Solitude.esp

REGS - Whiterun.esp

REGS - Windhelm.esp

STEP Core Patch.esp

Just to confirm my understanding.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm sorry for having double posted.

Alkira.

Just a little heads-up: A fomod installer is in the making which can give you some options (like installing RRR inss or using ETaC inns). The number of esps has been reduced to 4, possibly 3. 

Also the author of BCE/BD was kind enough to host REGS's custom esps at their nexus site.

Aye I mean the number of custom esps that need to be added on top of the original mods! There used to be 12 (as you can see currrently in the pack) esps made by CJ and he has now finished merging them down to 4. 

The esps from some original mods cannot be merged for technical reasons, nor would we always want to do that due to respect for the authors and/or permissions. 

Yep you can expect this pack to have a total of 25-30 esps I guess... Not much to do about that. It's a huge amount of content though :)

Aye I mean the number of custom esps that need to be added on top of the original mods! There used to be 12 (as you can see currrently in the pack) esps made by CJ and he has now finished merging them down to 4. 

The esps from some original mods cannot be merged for technical reasons, nor would we always want to do that due to respect for the authors and/or permissions. 

Yep you can expect this pack to have a total of 25-30 esps I guess... Not much to do about that. It's a huge amount of content though :)

Yeah, unless we manage to get every mod author to include his mod in the pack, having in it all in a couple of plugin files is never going to happen.

Also, we've done all the testing that we could, so we're finally set for a release, I'm uploading the installer as we speak.