A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Thanks again guys.

As for the tree popping, I don't have "classical" popping, popping (out of nowhere) actually disappeared since I'm using DynDOLOD. Instead I'm having trees popping to life from their flat LOD (?) picture way too near to my character. Speaking of ~40-100m/130-330ft.

However, I'm gonna backup my inis, read the settings guide aswell as the tree settings guide and modify accordingly, check the object ID and identify the mod, check if I got the right version of JK and remove SkyTEST and then, hopefully successfully "recomplile" my patches, which will take me an hour. And THEN see if I/you were right. :D

/edit

Major thumbs up for TirigonX for guessing the problem right and for darkside for showing me the method. Actually you don't have to use TES5Edit (anymore?) as when clicking something with the console open, the actual esp/esm sources of the object (in this case JK's Skyrim) are displayed. And indeed, ALL of the clipping objects were coming from JK's Skyrim. Exchanging it for the cities version will be the first thing to do for me. :)

/edit2

- JKs Skyrim replaced with JKs Skyrim Major Cities Only

- Applied Skyrim Settings Guide (only the usage of CPU 12 cores and a tree option was missing)

- Applied Skyrim Tree Settings Guide (only the far view/LOD stuff was missing, potentially fixing my popping problem)

- uGridsToLoad set to 7 and iGrassCellRadios set to 3, testing

- Replaced Skyrim Bigger Trees with the Lite version but 4096 instead of 2048 LODs, will probably be pointless anyway because of DynDOLOD but just in case...

- Removed SkyTEST, hoping to resolve the hopefully script related freeze

- Moved Immersive First Person View after the SexLab stuff as it was perhaps SL that bugged my view once leaving 1st person for the first time

- LOOT done

- DynDOLOD replaced by unmodified version, deleted LODs

- Bashed Patch done

- DSR Patch done

- Requiem Patch done

- waiting for DynDOLOD... ~1 hour remaining... ^^

Two questions:

How can I disable the zooming/switching perspectives via mouse wheel entirely? I want to play the entire game in (immersive) 1st person and also have the clipping bug when going to 3rd person with Immersive First Person View.

How can I fix this bug to be able to use 3rd person via button from time to time without harm? When I start a game, it starts in modded 1st person and everything is perfect. Once I change to 3rd even once and then go back to 1st, the view is bugged and I'm clipping inside myself which can't be fixed anymore. :/

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not very knowledgeable about these matters (I only use STEP Extended) but if you are using Skyrim Enhanced Camera, it was very recently updated to v1.3. I remember noticing in the changelog some bug fixes that may be relevant.

Enhanced Camera 1.3 Released!

This version adds support for idle/paired animations and settings to improve compatibility with animations added in by other mods. I've also added support for mouse wheel detection for werewolf/vampire lord and fixed several other bugs.

Changelog

- Added support for idle/paired animations to now work in 1st person (e.g. Sky Haven hand cut, Dawnguard vampire bite player)

- Added mouse wheel detection for horse/dragon riding and werewolf/vampire lord

- Added separate werewolf/vampire lord settings

- Fixed ragdoll bug when paralyzed

- Body is now hidden when preforming power attacks to prevent clipping

- Quiver is now hidden in first person to prevent clipping

- Added setting to reset camera rotation to face forward after preforming a crafting animation

- Added setting to match camera rotation for 3rd person when switching pov back to 1st person

- Added support for werewolf mods playing animations while your character is restrained (Moonlight Tales Essentials)

- Fixed shouting sometimes not working with 3rd person arms enabled

- Fixed body flickering bug with the Wearable Lanterns mod

- Fixed 1st person breath effect from Wet and Cold

Edit: Just re-read your post and noticed you mentioned Immersive First Person View. I've never used it, so I have no suggestions other than trying to substitute Skyrim Enhanced Camera, and see if that helps. Assuming, of course, that it doesn't bugger anything up regarding compatibility.

Edited by Nebulous112
  • +1 1

ETaC just updated to 13.6 with build in Immersive Citizen compatibility. REGS is alive again!!!

Great, I've just finished more than an hour of patching (mainly DynDOLOD). Still thanks for the heads up, this will save me some esps. :)

Edit: Just re-read your post and noticed you mentioned Immersive First Person View. I've never used it, so I have no suggestions other than trying to substitute Skyrim Enhanced Camera, and see if that helps. Assuming, of course, that it doesn't bugger anything up regarding compatibility.

Still a great advice, I just realized I'm using Skyrim Enhanced Camera together with Immersive First Person View! I must have overlooked the former as I probably had STEP 2.2.9.0 in mind where SEC wasn't integrated yet. Will fix this later and see if it helps! :)

I got another problem with STEP 2.2.9.1 Extended + REGS 4.0.6.

After installing ETaC with the according patches for STEP (2x Cutting Room Floor, No Snow under the Roof, Oblivion Realms Series, Better Fast Travel) I know that ORS and BFT are to be added later during the REGS installation. CRF and NSuR however refer to the esps provided by STEP. And they are not available as I've replaced them with the Extended Patch.

So what should I do? Add more esps by using CRF and NSuR in addition to the STEP Extended Patch (any problems to be expected?)? Or is there a workaround to make the patches believe the Extended Patch esp would be what they're looking for?

Forget about No Snow under the Roof, that was my fault.

However,

ETaC - Complete CRF Patch.esp and

ETaC - Whiterun Ext CRF Patch.esp 

both refer to

Cutting Room Floor.esp

which should be deleted after installing the STEP Patch. However, I've installed it again just for the laughs. Unforunately they now refer to

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

which isn't part of STEP 2.2.9.1 at all.

Actually the ETAC CRF patches don't even need USLEEP. You can get rid of that dependancy by loading them in Tes5Edit, right click the plugin and select 'Clean masters'. It still requires you to (temporarily) install USLEEP, otherwise loading them in Tes5edit fails. Once the masters are cleaned you can remove USLEEP from your load order.

• +1 1

Yes a patch it is indeed needed. IIRC author of RRR has stated that he will not be making any further patches than the one already made for ELFX.

So I guess it is up to Jawz to look into it should he has the time and permission, as the patch requires CK work.

Until then I am afraid there are only 2 ways of getting rid of the flickering lights in inns:

1. Use RRR basic version and not enhanced.

2. If using RRR Enhanced then remove via TES5Edit all the parent [CELL] edits that correspond to these inns.

Thanks!  ::):